Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Ideally they would (in the future) send off (or sell) the other organs to people who need them nearby. Lungs and kidneys and livers are always in demand.

Go the Repoman route, rent out organs and if you fail to pay they get repossessed leaving you dead!

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Nice that's an epic innovation. When I see something like this I wonder how Alex Jones would re-interpret it. It probably reads like "Globist scientists near completion of the human-to-pig pipeline, hybridization could make us more swine than human by 2030!"
    By 2030? Alex Jones and his followers already are more swine than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Man the news was showing that damn heart every 5 minutes on every channel. By the end of the day I had seen that heart more than the surgeons that put it into the guy.

I also found the reporting to be rather weird. Many claimed that this was the guy's last chance and all that, but they completely ignored the option of a mechanical one, though I know they come with massive downsides. Well I hope it works out for him and people in general, it would be a great boon if you could start to replace organs without human donors.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    Many claimed that this was the guy's last chance and all that, but they completely ignored the option of a mechanical one, though I know they come with massive downsides..
    That was already ruled out in this case.

He was deemed ineligible for an artificial heart pump because of uncontrollable arrhythmia.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    That was already ruled out in this case.
    Ah okay, the news here never mentioned that, they only said he was inellegible for a human transplant for undisclosed reasons.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Was the pig still...edible? Or would that be considered cannibalism at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Was the pig still...edible? Or would that be considered cannibalism at that point?
    The pig was only different from a regular pig in 10 genes out of thousands, so it's still a pig genetically, as is evinced by it having been a pig morphologically.

Even if it were an actual human, cooked cannibalism isn't actually that dangerous unless the brain is consumed, as it's where the actual misfolded proteins causing the prion diseases are located. Humans are just rather poor in nutritional value. A pig is still a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladier View Post
    The pig was only different from a regular pig in 10 genes out of thousands, so it's still a pig genetically, as is evinced by it having been a pig morphologically.

Even if it were an actual human, cooked cannibalism isn't actually that dangerous unless the brain is consumed, as it's where the actual misfolded proteins causing the prion diseases are located. Humans are just rather poor in nutritional value. A pig is still a pig.
    So what you're saying is we have to modify a human to look like a pig, then we can be allowed to grow them for spare parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    So what you're saying is we have to modify a human to look like a pig, then we can be allowed to grow them for spare parts.
    If a human morphologically looks like a pig, it would genetically also be much closer to being a pig than a human. So it would basically be a pig, even if the genetic material you started out with is derived from a human.

The genetic difference between most mammals is rather shockingly small.

Funny they forgot to mention the recipient was convicted of stabbing a man in 1988. They couldn't have found a better candidate?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60010155

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Funny they forgot to mention the recipient was convicted of stabbing a man in 1988. They couldn't have found a better candidate?

Couldn't care less, only the end result matters here.

Yeah... I'm sure they could have found one that hadn't done anything wrong 35yrs ago.

And? Has he committed any crimes in the subsequent 33 years after he was convicted as a young 23 year old?

Or are we stratifying society so that your past wrongs follow you forever. If you got sent to the principal's office in senior year for a prank you're off the recipient list for replacement kidneys, sorry Jacky. Sure, you're a Nobel Prize winning physicist 60 years later, but you can't outrun your past, Jacky. You criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And? Has he committed any crimes in the subsequent 33 years after he was convicted as a young 23 year old?

Or are we stratifying society so that your past wrongs follow you forever. If you got sent to the principal's office in senior year for a prank you're off the recipient list for replacement kidneys, sorry Jacky. Sure, you're a Nobel Prize winning physicist 60 years later, but you can't outrun your past, Jacky. You criminal.
    Well, they did say everything goes on your permanent record. I guess it really is permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, they did say everything goes on your permanent record. I guess it really is permanent.
    Well shit, I did get sent to the principal's office at least a few times if memory serves. Guess I'd better start taking care of myself since I'm off the donor lists. Can you like, request that your organs only be donated to fellow criminals, then? I just wanna look out for my fellow criminal homies, since apparently we're marked for life.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Depending on circumstances and the record itself... Well, that record might not be relevant.
    Especially one so long ago...and nothing to indicate recidivism..or a pattern of errant behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys turned my fun discussion on delicious donor pigs into 'criminals don't deserve to live' death panel insanity.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    You guys turned my fun discussion on delicious donor pigs into 'criminals don't deserve to live' death panel insanity.
    *eyes your post count*

C'mon. You knew this would happen.

Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Why don't you just look at is as a convicted ex-felon was chosen for a dangerous and experimental procedure before approving it's use on "good people"?

If you're going to be a sadist... why not try being a pragmatic sadist?

If the guy dies, they get to collect more data... and you get to cheer that another "criminal" is dead.

Everybody wins.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-18 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Did you really just compare attempted murder with going to the principals office? Even a 5 year old can tell the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Why don't you just look at is as a convicted ex-felon was chosen for a dangerous and experimental procedure before approving it's use on "good people"?

If you're going to be a sadist... why not try being a pragmatic sadist?

If the guy dies, they get to collect more data... and you get to cheer that another "criminal" is dead.

Everybody wins.
    Why would we cheer if he died from the surgery? I think we would want it to be successful so we are closer to having it done on more humans. What is honestly wrong with you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Couldn't care less, only the end result matters here.
    Tell that to the victims family. They even spoke out against him getting the transplant.