Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Might have been able to to try my hand at unscrambling the letters, but this talk of ciphers is going over my head.

7+ Year Old Account
    An Ottendorf cypher or a book cypher is a cypher written with three numbers and the key is a specific document, usually a book (the bible or a dictionary are often used). The first letter refers to the page number, the second to the line number, and the third to either the number of the letter or word in that line.

So the document is likely the OP...

- - - Updated - - -

muade afaid = modified. so a modified ottendorf cipher

typically 3-13-23 would be page 3, line 13, word 23... but since we dont have a book, have to scoure the OP and work this out

- - - Updated - - -

All hail Bwomsandi

Moderator Announcement:

A voice comes down from above. "Ah yes, mon. Proper respect has been given ta me and I shall give in kind. Be grateful, bruddah."

Marack is now immune to elimination on Day 1 and direct kills on Night 1

Good job. I probably would have never figured any of that out

Also

UNVOTE

I agree that odds are Grae doesn't have that kind of role as mafia, though I don't think it's impossible. Especially in a bastard game.

Hats off to you Marack - I doubt I'd have gotten it.

Now that that has been figured out, we should consider what we are doing with this day phase. @Graeham you implied solving the puzzle(s?) would grant doc, cop, or BPV rewards but I didn't get anything, and it seems as if marack's reward isn't those things either. Was there a reason you were indicating those things, or were you just guessing?
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

Honestly, I'm kind of drawing a blank because a lot of the cypher/code talk kind of washed over my head as not really AI, but Marack may have had a solid point about those who were really dedicated to solving might be town? But it's also the sort of thing wolves could hide behind if they didn't wanna bother AI solving.

But Marack probably town if not a benign neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FoxxiMcLeod View Post
    Hats off to you Marack - I doubt I'd have gotten it.

Now that that has been figured out, we should consider what we are doing with this day phase. @Graeham you implied solving the puzzle(s?) would grant doc, cop, or BPV rewards but I didn't get anything, and it seems as if marack's reward isn't those things either. Was there a reason you were indicating those things, or were you just guessing?
    I mean, Marack technically got a BPV, but yeah

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, just have to hope there arent any indirect kills...

Think graeham implied joat... can see doc, cop or jk, rb/bodyguard out of the images

I'm very limited in what I can say, Foxxi, so I will simply direct everybody to read the original post carefully.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm very limited in what I can say, Foxxi, so I will simply direct everybody to read the original post carefully.
    you are allowed to discuss you role and abilities, but not character name. also cannot discuss who they may or may not be. also cannot compare how parts of the role are written

Ah. Gotcha.

Okay well then on to the other two things that stood out to me. The first is claws, marack, and I were the ones mainly trying to figure out the puzzles, but I didn't quite see the level of insane theorizing from claws that I might expect. Could be he was just busy, it did all resolve in less than a day, but it's something that stuck out to me.

The other was Lora not doing his usual Lora thing. Not sure yet what that may end up meaning, but I am reminded of the kingmaker game (largely because I just re-read it the other day XD) and the level of wifom here is going to give me a headache.
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    The masked fox does speak with a tongue of the purest silver, that much is true. But what does it say? "Trust me. Trust me, for I speak the truth. Trust me, for I will sacrifice myself for the good of your beloved town!"

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck it. ihpbnpazapoliprze. lets talk about the fact night actions only have a 50% chance of working.

- - - Updated - - -

teehee xD did i say 50 i meant 25

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    And more reasons to think Lora is scum, or just a shit townie that doesnt give a fuck

Quote Originally Posted by FoxxiMcLeod View Post
    Ah. Gotcha.

Okay well then on to the other two things that stood out to me. The first is claws, marack, and I were the ones mainly trying to figure out the puzzles, but I didn't quite see the level of insane theorizing from claws that I might expect. Could be he was just busy, it did all resolve in less than a day, but it's something that stuck out to me.

The other was Lora not doing his usual Lora thing. Not sure yet what that may end up meaning, but I am reminded of the kingmaker game (largely because I just re-read it the other day XD) and the level of wifom here is going to give me a headache.
    At the risk of you thinking I'm trying to pocket you, I, too, had the same feeling about Sir Claws.

I looked at his ISO, though, and it was still kind of there and he was apparently asleep, so I didn't want to get in the tunnel of jumping right into claws.

Honestly, I was popping in here to say I might fuck around and Loraside

Moderator Announcement:

Angry cries echo around the area. A rule has been broken. A thick mist covers the village interfering with targeting.

All actions now have a 25% chance to fail. Gifs are no longer required (but always accepted).

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    fuck it. ihpbnpazapoliprze. lets talk about the fact night actions only have a 50% chance of working.

- - - Updated - - -

teehee xD did i say 50 i meant 25
    Or not

UNVOTE

Vote: Lora

Ive been playing inbetween work breaks

- - - Updated - - -

Classic lora memes

- - - Updated - - -

Ofc he would make the game harder

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoy puzzles i probably would of came on it eventually i figured it had to be sumthin interesting like that at first i thought i love lemon demon as bwons very obsessed atm on him but alas i am at work

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    And more reasons to think Lora is scum, or just a shit townie that doesnt give a fuck
    im not scum

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Ive been playing inbetween work breaks

- - - Updated - - -

Classic lora memes

- - - Updated - - -

Ofc he would make the game harder

- - - Updated - - -

I enjoy puzzles i probably would of came on it eventually i figured it had to be sumthin interesting like that at first i thought i love lemon demon as bwons very obsessed atm on him but alas i am at work
    all the fun was had while i was asleep. i had to find some way to have fun on my own

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Or not

UNVOTE

Vote: Lora
    thats a bad idea

Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Anyways that aside i think lora has been truthful and is pitting ppl against him that his role may kill ppl who vote him if lynched however would that be sumthing possible in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Anyways that aside i think lora has been truthful and is pitting ppl against him that his role may kill ppl who vote him if lynched however would that be sumthing possible in this game?
    that would definitely not happen in this game. definitely not.