Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Building Azeroth - Revisiting the Original Black Temple Trailer

Building Azeroth - Revisiting the Original Black Temple Trailer
    In a new behind the scenes video, Lead Cinematic Narrative Designer Terran Gregory shares how the original Black Temple cinematic was created.

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-01-19 at 06:23 PM.

They're still actually making World of Warcraft, though, right?

I think I've aged ten years since they last put out a Shadowlands content update... but no, let's focus on stuff like this. SIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    They're still actually making World of Warcraft, though, right?

I think I've aged ten years since they last put out a Shadowlands content update... but no, let's focus on stuff like this. SIGH.
    "Our teams are in shambles right now with turnover, morale is shot ... but we still have this one guy who knows a few things about the old TBC trailers. Get him in here STAT."

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm lol. Mostly all of us are hunger for SL whats next and they gave us trash talk about BT xd hilarious

to be fair, the video was more interesting than the entire Shadowlands expansion

Whats wrong with a nice behind the scenes look? You people are just literally looking for something to complain about.

They couldn't get thier pre-rendered cinematic director because he's busy with Arcane

I had to smile a bit when they used original WC3 footage and not Reforged.

Quote Originally Posted by kizcrew View Post
    to be fair, the video was more interesting than the entire Shadowlands expansion
    Considering we've had ONE content update in FOURTEEN MONTHS... you're definitely correct there.

irrc they only start releasing these kind of videos. When they are about to make big new announcements not long after. So i take this as a sign.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    They're still actually making World of Warcraft, though, right? I think I've aged ten years since they last put out a Shadowlands content update... but no, let's focus on stuff like this. SIGH.
    Like it or not Classic is a thing and this is clearly related to Classic getting the Black Temple patch yesterday and the release of the "unlock schedule" today. https://www.wowhead.com/blue-tracker...edule-23764312
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It's ok to say this is cool and still be overall disappointed with the state of the game guys. Because this is cool.

Oh stop being haters. It was a cool trailer and he's happy with how it turned out, what's wrong with that? Has nothing to do with grindanimalands.

The amount of cynicism on these boards is getting absolutely appalling, holy hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    nobody wants to revisit BT

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    nobody wants to revisit BT
    Pretty sure those playing Classic do.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Here's a guy who truly cares for the game he's working on.

The Black Temple trailer has always stood out to me as one of the best. Not only because its the first trailer where they made it like a mini movie, but of how much they portrayed the backstory of Akama, the Black Temple and how Illidan gained his leadership. It felt like a good story for an expansion that is not known for its quality of storytelling. I prefer them over most modern trailers who may look prettier due to improved technology but lacked the charm that the earlier ones has. Hell I even like the Naxx40 trailer a lot just for Kel'Thuzad's narration.

Its a fun video and I hope they make one for Zul'Aman and Sunwell aswell. Also never noticed the hooves flying above the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Like it or not Classic is a thing
    We're all well aware of that. Many of us would just like to see some stuff come in about retail, since we've been waiting a lot longer than you Classic folks have.