10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's a simple reason.

If he can hem and haw and delay and stall until 2024, there's every chance he or an ally might get elected President, and pardon him and his family for whatever crimes they may have committed. You think Trump won't give himself a blanket pardon on Day 1 if he were re-elected?

Hell, he can theoretically run for President from prison, though he can't make campaign stops from a prison cell.

These are all delay tactics, because 2024 is all that really matters. If he can hit the target and win in 2024, all this is pointless.
    2024? They just need to delay to November of this year and hope the GOP regain the House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    2024? They just need to delay to November of this year and hope the GOP regain the House.
    I would like to believe the Jan 6th panel knows this, and hands evidence off to Biden around, let's say, July 2022.

Just heard on Glenn Kirschner youtube Eric Trump plead the 5th 500 times. Like he has the right to not implicate himself, but, a civil case, taking the 5th can and is going to be used against this idiot, with prejudice. I think it's all finally catching up, and they are truly fucked, well, as fucked as trust funders can be anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Just heard on Glenn Kirschner youtube Eric Trump plead the 5th 500 times.
    The mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?
    - Donald John Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    a civil case
    Team Trump is desperately trying to divide the civil and criminal investigations for exactly this reason. This is no mere "you screwed up your taxes, hand over the rest" affair. This is "you screwed up your taxes and you did it on purpose" and they could lose everything, and go to jail.

Deutsche Bank is most assuredly watching this. Someone has a big cartoonish red button on their desk marked "CALL IN LOAN" while stroking a Persian cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just heard on Glenn Kirschner youtube Eric Trump plead the 5th 500 times.
    If only there was an applicable quote for this. Something that would really get to the heart of the...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The mob takes the Fifth. If you're innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?
    - Donald John Trump
    Dammit, Edge!

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Let's also not forget that this is a huge write off for him that allows him to keep income from other sources that he would normally have to pay in taxes.

Lets see him man up and not claim this on his taxes. Of course, we won't see anything because he refuses still to release his tax returns
    Longest. Audit. Ever!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/infra...b0a864b07b4888

Case in point for my earlier comments on the infrastructure bill. Local Democrats should be blanketing media to talk about their infrastructure bill and not let these fucks try to claim credit for something they voted against.

Don't be afraid to fudge the details a bit! Force media to fact check you so they can do the heavy lifting of selling the wins in the bill themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump loses in court. Again. SCOTUS, this time.

In an 8-1 decision, SCOTUS rejected Trump's claims of privilege...again...and said that, in the ruling Trump had appealed, Trump was told he would have had to hand over documents even if he had won the election. Therefore this was not a WITCH HUNT! but Trump simply trying to say the rules don't apply to him. They do. No-one is above the law.

"Who was the 1? It was Kavanaugh, wasn't it?"

No, it was Thomas.

"Why did he side with Trump?"

He didn't say. Thought I suspect it would have been bullshit if he had.

Trump decided to vent his frustrations, in between stuffing his face with Krispy Kreme, by picking a fight with DeSantis. Actually the timeline doesn't match up, this is just a good summary piece.

Trump has griped behind the scenes for months about DeSantis’s rapid political rise, including chatter about a future White House bid. But the complaints from the former president have only grown louder, raising concerns among some Republicans about a looming brawl between two GOP heavyweights.

The tensions have come into sharper focus in recent days. An article published on Sunday by The New York Times offered a detailed accounting of an increasingly confrontational relationship between Trump and DeSantis.

Likewise, a story published by Axios on Monday reporting that Trump has been privately disparaging DeSantis as “dull” and lacking in “personal charisma” found itself front and center on the conservative website Drudge Report.

And just last week, Trump appeared to take a thinly veiled shot at DeSantis for refusing to say publicly whether he has received his COVID-19 booster shot. In an interview with the conservative One America News Network, the former president slammed “gutless” politicians who won’t reveal their booster status, a comment that was widely viewed as aimed at the Florida governor.
    "Why is Trump attacking DeSantis?"

Jealousy, most likely. Trump had that one rally, but every other time his name is in the headline, it's because he lost a court case, his allies are being dragged to the stand and/or jail, or he's facing yet another criminal and/or civil investigation. DeSantis, meanwhile, is being cheered and applauded by his five remaining constituents who don't have COVID yet. DeSantis has one advantage Trump does not: DeSantis never bragged about making the vaccine, or saying it was good and you should use it.

"So, the only positive thing Trump can even pretend to have done, and it's costing him poll points?"

Pretty much, yeah. If things continue in this direction, Trump will have to suddenly invent a health issue that prevents him from running -- just before he loses to DeSantis in the primaries. Say what you want about DeSantis, he's a sociopath who murders his own voters, but at least he's not going to jail.

Worse, DeSantis knows this. He's trying to build momentum, one assumes by sledding down the pile of corpses Florida stacked up over the last six months.

DeSantis is also nowhere near as narcisistic as Trump, which is a lot like saying I'm nowhere near as heavy as Mount Everest. He can be tactful, as well as tactical. Trump just lashes out blindly, and he's running out of friends to throw under the bus.

Trump is about to be out-Trumped by DeSantis. And I legit don't know which will give out first, his brain or his heart. They're clearly both holding up a load they weren't rated for.

DeSantis stealing the Party of Trump, from Trump, without paying him, would be the ultimate irony. I'd prefer to see the Party of Trump tear itself in half, but I'll take what I can get. If Trump really wants to run in 2024, he's going to have to get his act together -- possibly from behind bars.

Man, can the Trump vs. DeSantis Civil War be the actual Civil War conservatives have been salivating over? That'd be grand.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    DeSantis stealing the Party of Trump, from Trump, without paying him, would be the ultimate irony. I'd prefer to see the Party of Trump tear itself in half, but I'll take what I can get. If Trump really wants to run in 2024, he's going to have to get his act together -- possibly from behind bars.
    That is still highly unlikely the latest polls I saw had Trump as the clear front runner with DeSantis still running far behind. He is beloved by the establishment because he is Trump without all the baggage but the base of the party is still ride or die with Trump. It would be fun seeing them going head to head in a primary but I have a feeling DeSantis doesn't have the balls and will probably bend the knee if his numbers don't improve.

Just chunk them both into the Glades and be done with it.

@Breccia

I really hope Trump lives into the next election, if he were to die before then, then the GOP would be cheering his name up and down for supporters since they wouldn't have to worry about his policies or his crimes anymore. With him alive and trying to run, they have to deal with the mess they created to an extent.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

I'm surprised after the insurrection and COVID handling, Trump still has so much love and support judging from the rally. Just look at Youtube and it's non-stop shitting on Biden everywhere you go with praises of Trump and a "return." Yeah, he's going to just be re-elected like nothing happened.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I'm surprised after the insurrection and COVID handling, Trump still has so much love and support judging from the rally. Just look at Youtube and it's non-stop shitting on Biden everywhere you go with praises of Trump and a "return." Yeah, he's going to just be re-elected like nothing happened.
    Blame the cultists who love him.

Don't be surprised, you're one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just look at Youtube and it's non-stop shitting on Biden everywhere
    I have noticed a lot of "biden is bad comrade" with no context or follow-ups. Probably because the trolls and bots sending them don't think they need them.

Meanwhile every day, there's four to ten posts with something specific, direct, and objectively negative about Trump and his team. No wonder DeSantis is beating him without even trying. DeSantis is basically Trump, without the adultery, bankruptcies, objective failures and upcoming jail time and asset seizuers.

I will admit, the amount of love he has left is surprising. Perhaps you could explain?

it'd be easy to believe those comments of support are bots, but Trump literally demonstrated he has legions of real-life supporters still in his rally. I wouldn't put it past those people on social media being real
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

it'd be easy to believe those comments of support are bots, but Trump literally demonstrated he has legions of real-life supporters still in his rally. I wouldn't put it past those people on social media being real
    Yes, it's weird how much you guys worship the dude.

The sexual assaults didn't dissuade you.

The racism didn't dissuade you.

The lies didn't dissuade you.

Methinks nothing can prevent you from worshiping the man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    With him alive and trying to run
    The GOP are likely taking steps to ensure Trump does not try to run. No, they won't kill him, but they might order him extra-large fries and wait for nature to take its course. They will, however, try to find a suitable replacement and DeSantis fits the bill. DeSantis has proven he can carry the rabid fanbase...unless Trump specifically tells them not to, which he can only do to half-filled rally seats or ALL CAPS emails. Meanwhile people like McConnell are telling the few remaining logical members "Do you really want someone that's a proven failure to run again?"

Pence could be the key to destroy Trump. All he has to do is tell the Jan 6th panel everything he knows. This, incidentally, is almost certainly "I knew what he was asking was horrifying and I wanted no part of it".

Oh the "I was born yesterday, honest!" gimmick is back.

It's a cult. nuff said, doesn't even need to be said really.