• yes

0 0%
  • no

12 80.00%
  • not sure yet

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

so nintendo just dropped banjo and kazooie on the NSO do you think its worth it

as the title says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz7Vd7hAq-g

the vid for it do you think its worth the price yet? i want to think so but not sure.
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2022-01-19 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, if you buy a Switch, you've signed up for overpriced nostalgia. Either you bought a Switch for 1-2 games, so you dropped $250+ for one game, or you love the Nintendo stable so you're fine with how much Nintendo charges.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I mean they announced Banjo was coming to it like months ago...

Still not worth the price

why can't they make something new instead of selling us games most of us played 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    why can't they make something new instead of selling us games most of us played 20 years ago.
    Nostalgia is a huge market...also a fine ways to preserve art from the past for future generations.

Also because the emulation scene is a huge sorespot for nintendo

Why make something new, when there's thousands who'll pay top dollar to replay an old product on a newer platform?

Most companies realised this formula years ago. It's kinda weird that others haven't.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would much rather Banjo Tooie, imo.

Played both games when I was a kid-- Banjo Tooie has a part of my heart and soul.

They do tho? People always go on how Nintendo only sells old stuff, when in reality, they do release more actually new games than they do emulation, remasters or remakes.
    Especially people complaining about WiiU ports was kinda... weird, since it flopped, so most of the games were basically new for (most) Switch users anyways.
    It's just that people don't want to acknowledge the existence of most of those new games, because they aren't the big blockbuster hits like Mario Galaxy or Breath of the Wild. Like Fitness Boxing, Mario Tennis Aces, Yoshis Crafted World, Nintendo Labo or Astral Chain. All new, but smaller games that aren't aimed at basically every Switch owner out there
    Last edited by Shakzor; 2022-01-20 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    At this point, if you buy a Switch, you've signed up for overpriced nostalgia. Either you bought a Switch for 1-2 games, so you dropped $250+ for one game, or you love the Nintendo stable so you're fine with how much Nintendo charges.
    uh what.

There's plenty of reasons to get a switch besides "one or two games". Unless you think one or two games is enough to make it one of the highest selling consoles to exist?

That being said, honestly I love Banjo Kazooie and would love to replay it.

But I'd say no. I haven't paid myself the extra for it. I don't think they did a great job at giving enough reasons upfront to get the expansion pass. Stuff like Majora's Mask even would have gone far to get people interested, but they released a pretty small line up and they're releasing them at a snail's speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    uh what.

There's plenty of reasons to get a switch besides "one or two games". Unless you think one or two games is enough to make it one of the highest selling consoles to exist?

That being said, honestly I love Banjo Kazooie and would love to replay it.

But I'd say no. I haven't paid myself the extra for it. I don't think they did a great job at giving enough reasons upfront to get the expansion pass. Stuff like Majora's Mask even would have gone far to get people interested, but they released a pretty small line up and they're releasing them at a snail's speed.
    Not saying that applies to everyone, but it does for some people Some people only have a Switch to play to play Smash, or Mario Kart, or BoTW, or whatever.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    as the title says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz7Vd7hAq-g

the vid for it do you think its worth the price yet? i want to think so but not sure.
    Hate to break it to ya but most people old enough to have played banjo back in the day probably don't really care about it because most of us owned a PS1. There is no nostalgia for the majority of the people

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Hate to break it to ya but most people old enough to have played banjo back in the day probably don't really care about it because most of us owned a PS1. There is no nostalgia for the majority of the people
    you would be surprised but fair

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    One of the most top played and rated N64 games and then generally one of the top rated games of all time "isn't really cared about."

Some dumb shit gets said on this forum, but this takes the cake.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    One of the most top played and rated N64 games and then generally one of the top rated games of all time "isn't really cared about."

my guess is with his comment they didnt play it while it was current

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Sometimes I just want to play a game in bed or on the bus. It's a big Gameboy.

I'm not paying up for ancient emulated shit though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's easy, low risk, high profit.

I'm sure the developers might feel like making something more fulfilling, rather than re-making the same shit over and over again, but unfortunately, we don't ask their opinion in the triple-A market.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post

That is such a boomer argument.

If Valve announced tomorrow that they started developing Half Life 3 ,arguably a bigger game than Banjo, most people wouldn't know why this would be a big deal...it's a IP that's out of people's mind at this point (VR game hardly counts).

These kind of news are more exciting for game news reporters really.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Microsoft owns Rare and so they own Banjo, the character itself founds it's fame on the N64 but it's available on the Xbox for a while.
    Rare was working on other projects and the next project it's called Everwild, if the Activision purchase goes through I would not be shocked if Microsoft did a inventory of some of these old forgotten IP's and give them the Spyro/Crash treatment because Microsoft does own allot of these IP's that used to be really populaire back in the early 2000's.

I don't care much about banjo and Kazooie but I can understand why a lot of gamers would want it. From what I have read, you pay for a subscription for Nintendo switch online and you get this game, all the NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis games they have available? I would prefer to buy the game outright and not have to pay a subscription to keep playing it. Sounds like Nintendo is getting into the world of warcraft territory with subscriptions.
    If you can just pay for the game and have it permanently, I would like it.

7+ Year Old Account
    no get a steamdeck and play via roms no reason to extreamly overpay for a game
    hell just play it on your phone or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I don't care much about banjo and Kazooie but I can understand why a lot of gamers would want it. From what I have read, you pay for a subscription for Nintendo switch online and you get this game, all the NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis games they have available? I would prefer to buy the game outright and not have to pay a subscription to keep playing it. Sounds like Nintendo is getting into the world of warcraft territory with subscriptions.
    If you can just pay for the game and have it permanently, I would like it.
    Basicly you pay 20$ a year for playing games online. As a Bonus Nintendo added some NES & SNES Games.

Now you can pay 50$ a year to play games online, some NES/SNES Games + some N64/Sega Genesis Games.

Nintendo online modes were alway free, but at p2p. Now you pay them and its still p2p + games nobody wants, cause you already bought them on your wii/wiiu/3ds virtual console. And many Games like Zelda Ocarina of Time running pretty bad in the WiiU & Nintendo Switch Version. Nothing you would notice as a casual, but if you know how this game feels to play to spot the diffence. Input Delay and different Frames.

NSO Sub is just a big cashgrab. But at least you can group up with friends ands lowering the price, like 8 Friends paying for a Family Sub with NES/SNES Games for 35$, so everyone just paying ~4,40$ yearly for the basic online sub.