Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They're the WoW version of oldheads. Best to do is just ignore it imo.
    The amount of people who quit in the last 2 years vastly outnumber the people still playing.

You are in the minority with your opinion. This thread is literally a small safe space among a sea of criticism and sometimes hate for the game.

You are wrong. Sit down. Be humble. Shadowlands sucks.

Hey good for them for leaving. Shadowlands is actually dope as fuck though.
    It's a bottom 2 expansion with wod

Ok, guys, this leak doesn't leave my mind regardless of what I do, so I'm going to show you guys some "connections"...

But, hopefully, someone will find something that breaks it.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaTorath View Post
    The Endless Dream
    - Level 70
    - Cross-faction grouping for all new content but not older stuff
    It makes a lot of sense for me because Blizzard is lazy, and many dungeons and raids have different NPCs, dialog, cutscenes, and play out differently depending on the faction (SoO and BoD are a few examples).

- Two new races - Elarian and the Solline - they are very pale alien-looking people and cat people who worship the sun
    Elarian probably has something to do with Elunaria/Elune, and that's why they look like aliens, pale, etc. Maybe the new set has something to do with it?
    Solline is probably related to An'she, and the store cat mount could be tied to them?
    -------
    - 6 zones revamped - Hyjal (Alliance only), Lordaeron (Horde only), Silithus, Duskwood, Barrens, Hinterlands - although many other zones aren't updated but used as part of the story
    Hyjal is well known to be the current home for some of the Night Elves refugees, and this could also explain the scene from the 9.0 pre-patch that everybody refuses to forget...
    There's also something bothering me a lot recently about the Skyblazer mount:
    It's literally the Night Elf Sentinel helmet. I mean, couldn't it be one of the new creatures of a revamped Hyjal?

And we shouldn't also forget about Blinky:
    Lordaeron as a major zone makes a lot of sense considering that the Undead are homeless, scattered, and leaderless. There's much stuff to cover now that Sylvanas is gone, Calia is back, Undercity is more ruined than before, and we have Night Elves and Blood Elves dark rangers set loose. And we shouldn't forget that the zone was revamped, but only used for one scenario:
    Silithus for me is a no-brainer, I mean, the fact that seems like everyone kinda forgot about that freaking sword there really bothers me...

Duskwood is interesting because it could be related to both the Dream portal there, the new Human buildings...
    ... and the fact that one of the new supposed dungeons are in Westfall, more on that that below.

Barrens is also a no-brainer for me because these were one of the few places that the Emerald Dream made manifest in the past...
    ...and Wailing Caverns is also known for having a connection with the Emerald Dream.

Hinterlands is a weird one, the only thing I can think of is the Dream portal, other than that, the lore is more about Dwarves and Trolls. There's also a High Elf hub there that was extensively talked about recently, but while popular that place would not have anything to do with the overall theme of the expansion. Sorry, HE fans.

- New dungeons will be very nostalgic - Wailing chasm, Tyr's Fall, Timbermaw depths, Moonbrook cellars, AQ dungeon, Maraudon, and some others
    Most of these dungeons are related to the Emerald Dream, Night Elves, or Dragons to some extent.

Wailing Chasm: Wailing Caverns in Barrens has a connection with the Emerald Dream, the Chasm could be another branch in the same place?

Timbermaw Depths: Nothing big here other than the fact that it's probably located in/near Hyjal, the Timbermaw is the name of a faction of furbolgs, and this bearish race is said to be related to Ursoc, a Wild God. R.I.P Ursoc

Tyr's Fall: Tyr was the titan-keeper that helped Ysera, Alexstraza, Nozdormu, Malygos, and Neltharion against Galakrond.

Moonbrook Cellars: Moonbrook is the name of a small town in Westfall, while this place feels out of place, maybe this is the answer for the data-mined grass?

AQ Dungeon is a bit hard to tell but the War of Shifting Sand's main protagonists were the Night Elves and the Bronze Dragonflight, but since Sargeras's Sword is still there the story could be about it.

Maraudon is the burial place of Zaetar, one of the sons of Cenarius, another Wild God, and the place is filled with dryads, nymphs, and centaurs, fitting the general theme of the expansion like Timbermaw Depths.

- There's a dream world / living world type of element to all the zones which has to do with the Emerald Dream fading away after the events of the Shadowlands. The dream world is easily twisted by outside forces is seeping into the living world allowing them to create a new reality. The pantheon of the living are revealed to all be the myths and legends from the various races of Azeroth. They help you restore the dream piece by piece
    I think this one makes a lot of sense because the Dream is connected with Azeroth's soul ("a dream born from Azeroth’s slumbering world-soul"), and since Zovaal will attack her heavily during the encounter, and she is still healing from Sargeras stab and we don't know how much time has passed, maybe this time she'll show different symptoms instead of bleeding Azerite she is going to have "fever dreams", hallucinations, coma, which will destabilize the Emerald Dream.

This plot would also fit really well with the lore build-up going on with Elune, Tyrande, and Ysera in 9.0.

This could also explain the data-mined "living" strings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    "LivingWorldProximityEnter",
    "FlyLivingWorldProximityEnter",
    "LivingWorldProximityLoop",
    "FlyLivingWorldProximityLoop",
    "LivingWorldProximityLeave",
    "FlyLivingWorldProximityLeave",
    -------
    - Alliance and Horde races reconnect with each other - Dwarves help Tauren find their titan origin, humans and undead discover their ancestry and the sacred line of kings, trolls and night elves uncover the schism that Elune created and why some rejected her
    Interesting bit considering that Azeroth will be at peace now that Sylvanas is gone? and Tyrande joined Anduin's/Jaina's team of letting Horde go unpunished with their repetitive/ongoing war crimes.

- The end of the Battle for Azeroth will be very important
    This is the only one that feels weird to me, because the end of BFA was all about N'zoth and Nya'lotha followed by Sylvanas hunting, and I fail to see where the connection is. Did I miss something?

- Raid is Elunaria but starts out on Azeroth's white moon in a titan facility, have to save Elune from forces of oblivion
    Elunaria isn't a random place, we visited it in Antorus briefly to save Eonar:
    Btw, the left side of the pic is Zereth Mortis, I just put it there to mess with your heads guys.

You know... gaming industry... asset recycling...

- Tyrande will die but is reborn as Elune's daughter and watch over Azeroth on the Blue Child
    I think this is BS, but I don't think everything on this leak will end up being true.

So, which mount would you choose for such expansion...
    I mean, what else could it be?

PS: I dunno guys, if it's not near the real thing then this was the best leak I've seen so far for a VERY long time.

Which also could mean nothing!
    Last edited by Luck4; 2022-01-21 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Fixing formatting issues.

It's pretty good. It might be true, but it's also important to realize that the connections you made could've also been made backwards by the person who constructed it. They also know about the Living World, shop mounts/mogs, and emerald drake. From there it's some decent fan-fic.

“Asset recycling”

They’re not the same in any form of manner. One is the Workshop of Death itself which holds the Sepulcher aka the very core of Deaths very origin and it’s purpose and reasoning for existing and being shaped, while the other is some hiding sanctuary world the Titan maintaining the order of Life within reality and the realms reality’s connected to from either the legion, Death, or the more “primal” forces like the Light, Life itself, the Void, and the Automa which wield powers and a force that predates and is the maker of the other 6 through thought and other irl expames humans, realistic examples of God, the Overvoid and Final Heaven, the Monitors, Record Keeper from FF, etc etc would provide for crazy scaling for such incomprehensible beings that can print out entire realms of infinitely complex layers that are transcendences above or beyond themselves or are pocket realms but share a ver similar effect and all that crazy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    They reuse assets....like all the damn time its also not Blizzard specific.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It being green can be a meme all it was. You’re still got getting anyone here to laugh, nor are you making a relevant point regardless.

@Luck4

God fucking damn it. Now that's gonna live rent free in my head for months.
    That's why I decided to make this post, this "leak" is attached to my head. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They reuse assets....like all the damn time its also not Blizzard specific.
    The person in question specifically said "gaming industry," not "Blizzard Entertainment." Put away the shield and cape, Galahad.

In any event, people would probably be significantly less harsh on Zereth Mortis if they hadn't verbally hyped it so much in the reveal. It's a serviceable zone and that is about it.

But yeah. The sun, moon, and dream stuff is suspect in how often it comes around, but it also means people can make the same conclusions with that information.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    They’re not the same in any form of manner. One is the Workshop of Death itself which holds the Sepulcher aka the very core of Deaths very origin and it’s purpose and reasoning for existing and being shaped, while the other is some hiding sanctuary world the Titan maintaining the order of Life within reality and the realms reality’s connected to from either the legion, Death, or the more “primal” forces like the Light, Life itself, the Void, and the Automa which wield powers and a force that predates and is the maker of the other 6 through thought and other irl expames humans, realistic examples of God, the Overvoid and Final Heaven, the Monitors, Record Keeper from FF, etc etc would provide for crazy scaling for such incomprehensible beings that can print out entire realms of infinitely complex layers that are transcendences above or beyond themselves or are pocket realms but share a ver similar effect and all that crazy shit lol
    I was not referring to the objects but the biome, the vegetation even uses the same lush green palette of Elunaria.

I mean, we've seen this before, 3.3.5 Ruby Sanctum with stuff from Twilight Highlands, 5.4 SoO and BRF were so aesthetically close that some people complained about it, 6.2 some objects were used in Broken Shore. But, ofc it's not a rule, I don't remember CATA 4.3 using MOP stuff, LEGION 7.3 using BFA stuff, or BC 2.4 with WOTLK stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    The person in question specifically said "gaming industry," not "Blizzard Entertainment."
    Yeah, it's everywhere.

https://kotaku.com/the-clever-ways-g...urn-1835358385

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    It's pretty good. It might be true, but it's also important to realize that the connections you made could've also been made backwards by the person who constructed it. They also know about the Living World, shop mounts/mogs, and emerald drake. From there it's some decent fan-fic.
    True, I'm not sure if it's true, but it's messing with my head.
    Last edited by Luck4; 2022-01-21 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    A broken clock is right twice a day.
    If he keeps saying it then chances are that it will eventually be correct, if only because of random chance and the fluctuations of the universe.
    My point is that he made the same statement that we have had since 5.4
    Lore said it multiple times in interviews
    Ion has said it
    The previous president said it (can’t remember his name)
    We have heard the same “we will do better and listen better” for over a decade and honestly it’s just fanfare at this point

I would happily be wrong because I do think that with bare minimum effort the company could produce more than hot garbage. I want devs that don’t treat customers like unwashed peasants that don’t understand how the games work until months later then say something like “that shit system actually made your experience better” or say “we changed this in testing weeks before launch so you are wrong” or “if you are worried about content delays over the aftermath of our sexual misconduct being exposed then you are the problem”

I want the dev attitude from MoP where it wasn’t “we will slow you down so much that the gap between the top and bottom players seems smaller” and where it was “you don’t need more gear to clear normal you need better play”

Rep grinds that felt rewarding and weren’t time gates by the amount of WQs available so I could spend hours killing a mob if I wanted to get the rep to buy the 4 colors of the same mount instead of a single mount and maybe a unique pet with a half-assed tabard all for the same price as the 4 mounts combined.

Patch content that I didn’t mind hanging out in and doing stuff with that felt meaningful instead of “you have done the 30 minute quest for the week come back Tuesday”

I want to believe him but history shows that people in his position lie

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Notice that Mike didn't promise any game reveal for next week. He said "we have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week." Maybe we will have some schedule? They planned Blizzcon next month at some point, so they have more than just WoW news.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    The amount of people who quit in the last 2 years vastly outnumber the people still playing.

You are in the minority with your opinion. This thread is literally a small safe space among a sea of criticism and sometimes hate for the game.

Ahahaha sure. You and others are shitting on the game and it's future on a daily basis but it is suddenly a safe space for fanboys now. Also lol @ "sometimes hate for the game".
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-21 at 06:32 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Notice that Mike didn't promise any game reveal for next week. He said "we have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week." Maybe we will have some schedule? They planned Blizzcon next month at some point, so they have more than just WoW news.
    Maybe they will bring back support to HotS
    Return of Heroes of the Dorm??

9.2 date
    10.0 info
    Classic WotLK

Hearthstone expansion

Diablo 4 date

More inclusive policies because they have to work on their image

Starcraft 3 because RTS games have a dedicated following (I’ve bought supreme commander 2 and love the craziness)

Mobile games

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

9.2 date
    10.0 info
    Classic WotLK

Hearthstone expansion

Diablo 4 date

Starcraft 3 because RTS games have a dedicated following (I’ve bought supreme commander 2 and love the craziness)

Mobile games
    Not sure why would they put more money into HotS, it was deemed not profitable enough, after all. And bobby is still holding the reins. I could defo see SC3/WC4 when Microsoft takes over. They do not shy away from genres perceived as less popular, seeing how they recently released Age of Empire 4.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Not sure why would they put more money into HotS, it was deemed not profitable enough, after all. And bobby is still holding the reins. I could defo see SC3/WC4 when Microsoft takes over. They do not shy away from genres perceived as less popular, seeing how they recently released Age of Empire 4.
    MOBA game popularity is rising

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post

Shadowlands is ok as a game right now. The BIG problem is their payment model. If WoW was buy to play / no sub required (like ESO) ppl would be much more forgiving with lack of content or grinds or timegated stuff. You also would not have these wild swings in ppl playing. Maybe it will get better in the future when they put WoW on Gampass, would still be a sub but you would get a lot of other games to play "for free".

Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    Shadowlands is ok as a game right now. The BIG problem is their payment model. If WoW was buy to play / no sub required (like ESO) ppl would be much more forgiving with lack of content or grinds or timegated stuff. You also would not have these wild swings in ppl playing. Maybe it will get better in the future when they put WoW on Gampass, would still be a sub but you would get a lot of other games to play "for free".
    I hate the fact I have to pay multiple months worth of sub fees in order for them to fix a feature that they launch in a broken state

7+ Year Old Account
    MOBA game popularity is rising
    Is it, though?

- - - Updated - - -

I hate the fact I have to pay multiple months worth of sub fees in order for them to fix a feature that they launch in a broken state
    I mean, big chance WoW will land on Game Pass.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

9.2 date
    10.0 info
    Classic WotLK

Hearthstone expansion

Diablo 4 date

Mobile games
    Actually I was thinking maybe the announcement of the announcement of 10.0 but now that I think about it aren't we about at the time they announce the new "Year of the" for Heartstone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Is it, though?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, big chance WoW will land on Game Pass.
    Honestly if it came to PC Game Pass I might pick it up that way. Classic and a bunch of free games? Good deal to me.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)