"Exciting things to announce".

That doesn't sound very "next-expansion-related" in my opinion. Could just be the release date for 9.2.

And I'm still pretty sure they'll get it into the game pass and this will require a business model change, but that's nothing I expect them to announce just yet.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

That doesn't sound very "next-expansion-related" in my opinion. Could just be the release date for 9.2.

And I'm still pretty sure they'll get it into the game pass and this will require a business model change, but that's nothing I expect them to announce just yet.
    I dunno I feel like it's too early for a 9.2 date, do we think that it'll be ready early February? Because they sure aren't announcing it now if the Late Feb/Early March predictions are right.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account

You really think Blizz president would come forth with "exciting 9.2 release date"? It's something bigger than single game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I dunno I feel like it's too early for a 9.2 date, do we think that it'll be ready early February? Because they sure aren't announcing it now if the Late Feb/Early March predictions are right.
    It really is not, almost everything wast tested. Only thing left I think is M+ affix.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Actually I was thinking maybe the announcement of the announcement of 10.0 but now that I think about it aren't we about at the time they announce the new "Year of the" for Heartstone?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly if it came to PC Game Pass I might pick it up that way. Classic and a bunch of free games? Good deal to me.
    Along with more of the BG updates

I mean announcing 10.0 before they have a set release date for 9.2 would be pretty hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You really think Blizz president would come forth with "exciting 9.2 release date"? It's something bigger than single game.
    Yes, I do, because it's marketing talk. Exciting news to share can be anything and nothing. It can be the resume of the first virtual meeting of the community council or whatever. This absolutely does not have to be about WoW at all.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If expansion reveal is next week, yeah I fully expect them to say expansion reveal is next week. I think they want whole community gathered for that event.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    9.2 date.
    10.0 announcement.
    WotLK Classic.
    New Warcraft mobile game.
    Hearthstone expansion.
    Overwatch 2 info dump.
    Diablo 4 info dump.
    Small updates to D2R.
    An additional mobile game.
    Diablo Immortal release date.
    Promising a commitment to supporting all their games better in the future, giving players hope for updated to Starcraft, HotS, and so on.
    Absolutely he's going to do that, lol. All of this would basically scream for a Blizzconline, yet they choose not to have one. Y'all need to lower and set your expectations accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If expansion reveal is next week, yeah I fully expect them to say expansion reveal is next week. I think they want whole community gathered for that event.
    Yep. At best - and that's VERY OPTIMISTIC - he's announcing some kind of online event later this quarter. Nothing major will be revealed without a major announcement of that to happen.

I'm not ready to expect an expansion announcement next week. Everyone talking about it is putting in my head, but I feel like this might be too sudden of a decision to have too interesting of announcements.

With the big speech about rebuilding trust, I'd like to see something big. Honestly, I think the best way to start rebuilding trust would be to go back to the drawing board on Warcraft III: Reforged and do it justice. I know a lot of people have basically written off the game and don't want them putting effort into a "bad game", but that's exactly why it's the best symbol of rebuilding that trust. Sweeping it under the rug to start fresh means that they could always do it again even if they don't mean to. Going back to fix the mistake is what says, "even if we stumble, we will always come through in the end".

I'd also love to see Heroes of the Storm get real support and new (non-Nexus >_>) characters again. I really wanted Blackthorne. He was on their list but they never made it to him. I would love to hear Diablo: Immortal getting a PC port. I legitimately don't have a mobile device that can play it, but I actually am interested in it (the story reminds me of what Diablo 2 implied Diablo 3 would be about). Hearthstone is a "mobile" game that I play on my PC. There's no good reason Immortal can't be the same. I'm not a big Overwatch fan, but that's in part due to the way it's been handled. Good news about Overwatch 2's PvE wouldn't exactly rebuild trust for me, but it could at least give me something to look forward to again.

I'm not confident in guessing much beyond a 9.2 date, maybe something Hearthstone related, and maybe dates for future news.
    I mean announcing 10.0 before they have a set release date for 9.2 would be pretty hilarious.
    Shadowlands was announced on November 1, 2019. Visions of N'Zoth didn't get a set release date until December 19, 2019. I mean, not that it wouldn't be funny, but it's actually happened several times.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-21 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Shadowlands was announced on November 1, 2019. Visions of N'Zoth didn't get a set release date until December 19, 2019. I mean, not that it wouldn't be funny, but it's actually happened several times.
    I know that, but BfA had a completely different rollout than Shadowlands. Remember, by the time Shadowlands was announced we already had 8.1, 8.1.5, 8.2, 8.2.5 and 8.3 was already worked on. Right now Shadowlands has 9.1 and 9.1.5, while 9.2 is on the PTR, after the same amount of time has passed. We're not just missing an entire content patch, we're missing a minor patch as well. This is not intended to sound like an excuse, but before you announce the next expansion get the sh*t together for your recent one - that's at least my opinion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely he's going to do that, lol. All of this would basically scream for a Blizzconline, yet they choose not to have one. Y'all need to lower and set your expectations accordingly.
    The hell you are talking about, post you quoted presented rather moderate expectations. Potential Blizzconline would have to be build around 10.0 reveal + smaller stuff. Expansion could be announced in really early stage like SL. It's obvious what was reason behind skiping Blizzconline, around that time we had more drama and more walkouts.

Still next week I expect rather teaser what will roll over next weeks. One thing we can be pretty sure at this point is that expac reveal is close and won't happen months after 9.2. Also 9.2 could happen even sooner than 22.02, only thing left to test is M+ affix.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    The hell you are talking about, post you quoted presented rather moderate expectations. Potential Blizzconline would have to be build around 10.0 reveal + smaller stuff. Expansion could be announced in really early stage like SL. It's obvious what was reason behind skiping Blizzconline, around that time we had more drama and more walkouts.

Still next week I expect rather teaser what will roll over next weeks. One thing we can be pretty sure at this point is that expac reveal is close and won't happen months after 9.2. Also 9.2 could happen even sooner than 22.02, only thing left to test is M+ affix.
    Moderate expectations - LOL, you serious?

9.2 date.
    10.0 announcement.
    WotLK Classic.
    New Warcraft mobile game.
    Hearthstone expansion.
    Overwatch 2 info dump.
    Diablo 4 info dump.
    Small updates to D2R.
    An additional mobile game.
    Diablo Immortal release date.
    Promising a commitment to supporting all their games better in the future, giving players hope for updated to Starcraft, HotS, and so on.

All of this would have been part of a very packed Blizzconline. It's insane to even expect they give us all of this information, but decided to cancel Blizzconline at the same time. Come on, get real.

This would be way bigger than their last Blizzconline and it would even rival real Blizzcons when it comes to information drops. So moderate expectations? haha

I know that, but BfA had a completely different rollout than Shadowlands.
    Ah, yeah.

It seems they always keep up with the overarching "one expansion every two years" schedule come rain or shine. On the upside, it means that they don't stick on an expansion that isn't working. On the downside, it means that if an expansion is having trouble, it's left behind instead of salvaged.

10+ Year Old Account
    To add to this, when was the last time a major patch release date announcement came with any fanfare whatsoever? For a while now all I can remember is them making a blue post and eventually bundling Josh Allen into a recording studio for a voice over of the new content.

Nothing that would require the big boss to sign off on - WoW's major marketing exercises are the initial content pitches and global expansion release dates.

The tweet indicates there are multiple pitches for announceables, presumably across a number of their products. But highly doubt 9.2's date would be one of the ones he's reviewing... unless they package the WoW announcements with a blizzcon-ish segue from 9.2 content to the juicy stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Imma say we are getting 9.2 release date next week, along with an announcement for a big announcement for 10.0.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-01-21 at 09:45 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Will be some corporate bullshit like woke stuns and something related to HS new expansion etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Imma say we are getting 9.2 release next week, along with an announcement for a big announcement for 10.0.
    Tier Set's are not even properly tested or finalized and they are going to release 9.2 next week?

What could go wrong?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Tier Set's are not even properly tested or finalized and they are going to release 9.2 next week?

What could go wrong?
    Sorry, i meant release date, not the patch actually releasing.

Sometimes my brain forgets to fill in some words.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-01-21 at 09:47 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

5+ Year Old Account
    So when do we think 10.0 will be announced?

Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    After 9.2 is released.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    Yesterday.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Will be some corporate bullshit like woke stuns and something related to HS new expansion etc etc
    Yep.

I mean it's just one sentence at the end of another huge bluepost that has nothing to do with World of Warcraft itself. I find it astounding how some are trying to frame this as a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT for anything related to their games / franchises. At the very best his statement indicates an announcement for an announcement, as others have said here already.