Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    I always thought announcing the next expansion before the current is even finished was bad practice, not to mention a 1 year wait between announcement and release. Yes it was because of Blizzcon, but they cound have changed release time or Blizzcon date any time in the last 10+ years to make it fit better...it always takes away interest from the current expansion/patch completely for me.
    There is little interest in Shadowlands at the moment.

9.2 is not generating hype. A 10.0 announcement will.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    SL is great and who cares if it's the most played or not? The only people that seem to care are people that hate it and look for an excuse to mald that the servers haven't shut down yet.
    Snorlax discovers that people who longer like a game because they think it has become worse are upset about it due to wanting to like it. He also discovers that since he likes a game, he is not upset about it.

Tune in next episode for another startling discovery.

1+ Year Old Account
    Towelliee did say that next week will be BIG news after reading the Mike Ybarra post. However, that’s not to say it’s 10.0 related. Could be mobile, other Blizzard games, 9.2, or anything really. Get HYPE!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Snorlax discovers that people who longer like a game because they think it has become worse are upset about it due to wanting to like it. He also discovers that since he likes a game, he is not upset about it.

Tune in next episode for another startling discovery.
    Somebody constantly engaging with something they don't like when there is no pressure to do so isn't particularly smart. Go find something else.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    There is little interest in Shadowlands at the moment.

9.2 is not generating hype. A 10.0 announcement will.
    Don't treat your headcanon as reality. 9.2, as any patch, will generate some hype, mostly from people already playing SL (but also last patches are more popular than middle ones, some people like to come back for "finished" expansion).

10.0 reveal will generate massive hype, cause it will be watched by people who play right now, people who quit SL cause they don't like expac, tourists that play expac only on launch and even people who won't play at all, but as veterans are curious.

So any 10.0 info would instantly dump on 9.2 story reveals. But showing 9.2 first would serve as apetizer before main dish.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Somebody constantly engaging with something they don't like when there is no pressure to do so isn't particularly smart. Go find something else.
    Sir, this is the 10.0 thread, where we look forward to future content that could change the direction of the game. My dislike of the current product does not interfere with the purpose of this thread. If my posts offend you, I highly suggest the ignore function!

Sir, this is the 10.0 thread, where we look forward to future content that could change the direction of the game. My dislike of the current product does not interfere with the purpose of this thread. If my posts offend you, I highly suggest the ignore function!
    It's a concept some just don't understand. Disliking one expansion doesn't mean you instantly start hating the game you've been attached to for over a decade.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Don't treat your headcanon as reality. 9.2, as any patch, will generate some hype, mostly from people already playing SL (but also last patches are more popular than middle ones, some people like to come back for "finished" expansion).

10.0 reveal will generate massive hype, cause it will be watched by people who play right now, people who quit SL cause they don't like expac, tourists that play expac only on launch and even people who won't play at all, but as veterans are curious.

So any 10.0 info would instantly dump on 9.2 story reveals. But showing 9.2 first would serve as apetizer before main dish.
    Headcannon? What are you on?

Were you around during the 9.2 reveal in this thread abd others?

9.2 is very bare bones compared to the previous 8.3 and 7.3. There is nothing to return for in 9.2 outside of a new raid, zone and some story quests. Oh wait, we have the cypher of the first ones which is essentially a rep grind.

Compare that to 8.3 and 7.3 which both brought much more content as well as long fan requested hooks such as Argus, Nya'lotha, the end of the Legion, N'Zoth, the return of Wrathion.

I was previously one of those players you mentioned who would return for the "full expansion". I will not be returning for 9.2 because there is nothing overly appealing there. I'd wager a great deal many feel that way.

10.0 being good does the Industry well. It forces the competition to see what innovative features come from their competition, adopt and adapt it into their own games/vision.

I think honestly 10.0 is going to be no different than 8, or 9 tbh. The reason is because Ion is the head still and that means you're going to see another iteration of what Legion was, but that doesn't address the fundamental issues why players are leaving.

It's starring them right in the face, the fact is that the game is too easy for 85% of the game, then it becomes hard gated group content, and players arrive at that point far too fast.

What WoW needs to do is examine why players quit, what's the reasons, then browse MMO-C, Reddit, and their own forums and you'll see it's literally a casual revolt. This was all before the sex scandal issues came up. You can see it because the content creators were reacting to their chats about casual players. Then the sex scandal came out, but Asmon and Bell were talking more about casual players because their chats were constantly talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Mr. Wu will never understand that there is a thing called "vocal minority". People who are satisfied with something don't tend to voice their satisfaction while people who are unsatisfied with said thing tend to be VERY vocal about it which leads to the fallacy that EVERYONE is unsatisfied with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Mr. Wu will never understand that there is a thing called "vocal minority". People who are satisfied with something don't tend to voice their satisfaction while people who are unsatisfied with said thing tend to be VERY vocal about it which leads to the fallacy that EVERYONE is unsatisfied with it.
    ... he says about a game where 90+% of the people who have played it no longer do.

The "vocal minority" are those still enjoying it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Your type keeps trying to push the narrative that only a handful of people are actually upset about WoW's current design, and that most people are happy. I won't even engage with this obvious lie other than to continue saying that it is ludicrous and that anyone who actually ventures to WoW communities outside of this safe space can clearly see that criticism and general unhappiness of the game is rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    ... he says about a game where 90+% of the people who have played it no longer do.

Whats insane here is how people think what the majority are. You can go to twitter, WoW's own forums, Reddit, and here you see the same sentiment about the game. The game needs improvement on how players are rewarded. 10.0 needs to be good for the casual player otherwise it'll sell 6-7 million copies, and after 1 month 40% of the people who bought would've left. Diminishing returns, propped up by a WoW token system.

7+ Year Old Account

An early 10.0 announcement would bring some people to check out 9.2 even if they wouldn't have, as long as the 10.0 tease is cool enough. And 10.0 will be so massively removed from Zereth Mortis and the Jailer plot as possible, so no I don't think it would "instantly dump" on any story reveals there.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

No.

9.2 like any other patches generates hype from the reveal trailer on and there is a DR going further

And surely after months of knowing what we are getting the hype can be the same or lower, and surely after 9.1 ehw and the fact that 9.2 can be resumed in

Alphabet
    Timegate Fly
    Tier Set

I don't see a lot of hype around it, at best the 9.2 hype is just because

If 9.2 release asap that means 10.0 will be next.

It doesn't help to just put you on the ignore because the moment that people like you join the thread it derails into current expansion hate as opposed to speculation about the next expansion's setting and features. Which is why I highly suggest that you make another thread where you can make another 100 posts about just how "objectively bad" Shadowlands is and why absolutely no one in the world likes it, or, better yet, return to the circlejerk that is Reddit or wherever you came from with these objective facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    An early 10.0 announcement would bring some people to check out 9.2 even if they wouldn't have, as long as the 10.0 tease is cool enough. And 10.0 will be so massively removed from Zereth Mortis and the Jailer plot as possible, so no I don't think it would "instantly dump" on any story reveals there.
    Or a 10.0 would make people skip 9.2 to play better games and wait for 10.0

Especially knowing already the 9.2 plot since the entire SL plot is a mess and got basically datamined from the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

Any reliable numbers for your claim? I don't see 90% less players. Over the last year a whooping three of my b.net-friends stopped playing and that was all because of work or perosnal reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Squiddo69 View Post
    It doesn't help to just put you on the ignore because the moment that people like you join the thread it derails into current expansion hate as opposed to speculation about the next expansion's setting and features. Which is why I highly suggest that you make another thread where you can make another 100 posts about just how "objectively bad" Shadowlands is and why absolutely no one in the world likes it, or, better yet, return to the circlejerk that is Reddit or wherever you came from with these objective facts.
    That's just a roundabout way of saying "Please leave my safe space!"

No.

I will continue to hang around here as I am interested in 10.0 news. I don't care if it bothers you.
    Last edited by Edward Wu; 2022-01-21 at 03:24 PM.

Your type keeps trying to push the narrative that only a handful of people are actually upset about WoW's current design, and that most people are happy. I won't even engage with this obvious lie other than to continue saying that it is ludicrous and that anyone who actually ventures to WoW communities outside of this safe space can clearly see that criticism and general unhappiness of the game is rampant.
    Someone HAS to push a narrative against your narrative. Back your claims with more than "trust me" and we can talk.