10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Well, the very bad players currently are the ones playing the dead stupid world content. The very good players are the other ones which play raids or mythic+. Anything between these two extremes is having no fun with the game.
    It’s a shame. If Mythic+ didn’t have the timers friends and I would enjoy it more. Instead we wait for mega dungeons. Too burnt out from raiding and m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I mean, the guy you originally replied to gave you the perfect counter. Some people's friends lists haven't changed at all. Some have. It's just... very unscientific and incredibly napkin-y for it to be used to draw any real conclusions about the state of the population in WoW.

Yes, sampling hundreds, a generous amount for any game in the industry, a ‘friends’ list no sane player has, is unscientific. I’ll be sure to share this. I’ll also keep in mind that large sample sizes cannot be extrapolated.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-01-21 at 07:27 PM. Reason: cant be arsed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Geeze did something happen to spawn 5 pages overnight or are we just going back and forth on the 9.2 date still?
    Speculation on next week’s announcement from Mike Ybarra’s letter. Blizzconline’s presentations are also due any time between now and late Feb so both coincide a little.

Edit: Sorry, the cancelled* Blizzconline presentations.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-01-21 at 07:13 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Geeze did something happen to spawn 5 pages overnight or are we just going back and forth on the 9.2 date still?
    Mike teased some big stuff for next week.

No, it is no "normal development", if a MMORPG expansion launches, and 60% of its players leave after the first month. An expansion could bring the novelty a new game does. It just does not, as the developers do not know how to do it.

Also, no, FFXIV does not see a massive hype and a massive sub loss.

https://steamcharts.com/app/39210
    Oh, look, surges followed by rapid declines around content releases. Just as predicted. You just disproved your own claim.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Cool so still just discussing is it's the 9.2 date.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I’m using the same method anyone has at their disposal. It’s not self-reported as in WoW sites, it’s still random and varied enough. The sample is used to measure pop. as I said before.
    No, your friends list is not random. It's inherently biased, since you only encounter people in content you yourself do and playing at roughly the same times.

- - - Updated - - -

No, as the overall trend is up. You cannot even accept that.

Watch the complete lifecycle of FFXIV and you see it never stayed down. WoWs trend is down. Only if a new expac comes, it gets high just to drop down even further, after a single month. FFXIV is going up after an expac, then going down for a few weeks, just to go up even more than before. As i said, december was the most successfull month for FFXIV, and January, this month, the second most successfull.
    So? WoW was on a constant uptrend till about the mid of WotLK too. Doesn't mean a permanent downtrend won't eventually come. WoW is also nearly twice as old.

You're interpreting things into this that aren't actually there.

I am a bit disappointed we haven't seen a decent fake screenshot or logos at this point.

1+ Year Old Account
    Someone made a fan-made Dragon Isles map on reddit

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly looks cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    I'm talking about the story.
    Wasn’t the BfA cinematic locked until the first time it got cleared?

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Wasn’t the BfA cinematic locked until the first time it got cleared?
    Pretty sure an unfinished version was datamined prior to the first clear

5+ Year Old Account
    Link? Source?

Honestly, I doubt that Ybarra’s comment relates to game content at all. They’ll probably just announce the culture consultants they’ve contracted and the internal initiatives they’ll be heading.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    Link? Source?
    Front page.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Actually, skill is no binary value, as like you, and obviously also the devs, seem to think.
    I didn't say or imply that at all. Reading comprehension, can you do it?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Honestly, I doubt that Ybarra’s comment relates to game content at all. They’ll probably just announce the culture consultants they’ve contracted and the internal initiatives they’ll be heading.
    Ok, sometimes they are detached but not THAT detached. Worst case scenario next week is some mobile game reveal (which would be bad way to start this news season as well).

Ok, sometimes they are detached but not THAT detached. Worst case scenario next week is some mobile game reveal (which would be bad way to start this news season as well).
    The entire post was about the culture. It would be a complete non sequitur to start talking about games in the last couple lines without overtly specifying the change in topic.

I mean, I’d be happy to be wrong, but this didn’t read like a content teaser at all to me.

Edit: Eh, scrub this post. The brain fog is doing my memory in. This does look to be content announcements.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I can see why he would call that exciting from a PR perspective

if "We also know we need to deliver content to our players on a more regular basis and innovate both in and beyond our existing games. We have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week." isnt about gaming content then i'll eat my own ass

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a coincidence the announcement is one week after Microsoft purchase story breaks. He will most likely come forth to assure future is brighter than ever. Maybe even tease some of the MC moves after deal is finalized.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.