Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Meat Loaf dead at 74.

This is a sad day for music. Legendary rock opera artist Meat Loaf, who had hits like "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" and "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" along with starring in movies such as Rocky Horror Picture Show and Fight Club, is dead at the age of 74.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...edgdhp&pc=U531

Very sad indeed.
    My father always loved listening to Meat Loaf and although I didn't really care much for his music, i'm sure many others did.

Going to where "Everything louder than Everything else..."

And yet I don't think his life was too much a "lemon."

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to make a thread about this but I was too saddled with grief over it. This one hit hard for me and my sister. She was the one who text me about it. We grew up with Meat Loaf. we used to have Bat Out of Hell 1 & 2 on cassette we'd share the cassettes and we'd listen to them together in my sisters room

We even planned to both see him live after COVID had ended because we haven't seen him live and despite being fans since 1993, we never had the chance.

The two Bat Out of Hell albums are two of my favourites and even his Welcome to the Neighbourhood album is an under rated gem. I could sit here just listening off songs I like from him, but there are too many to name. I am thanbkful he blessed us with so much good music. Despite some of his more later albums not being great. The Combined efforts of Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman (who died two years ago also), was workls of art to me.

Meat Loaf also was my first introduction to Rock music. well Meat Loaf and Queen. I was a sucker for that bombastic opera rock at the time. They felt likes stories and plays in music form.

I am gonna miss him a lot. Great music voice, and sang some awesome music. so I can be grateful he left us with that :*)

also I will only continue to go to fancy dress parties as Eddie. Now more than ever

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Some sources are claiming he died after catching covid earlier this week... but I haven't seen anything official confirming that.

7+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck, out of nowhere, 2022 is already taking out big names

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Noooooo! Fuck you 2022!

Frozen meat loaf can last even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Some sources are claiming he died after catching covid earlier this week... but I haven't seen anything official confirming that.
    He also might have been antivax. If he was, no sympathy.

"His name is Robert Paulson"

Obituaryhe was diagnosed with a heart condition known as Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, and was advised to limit the time he spent on stage.
    But health problems continued to dog his live performances. He collapsed on stage in Pittsburgh in 2011 and, in 2016, having cancelled two shows of a Canadian tour, he again collapsed during a concert in Edmonton. His management said he had suffered from dehydration.

No cause of death has been announced. Just rumors...

- - - Updated - - -

Very underrated tune:

10+ Year Old Account
    shout out to the on screen debut of Angelina Jolie

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a shame. His voice was something else. RIP.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I will do annnnnnything for love, but i won't..... vaccinate/mask up.

Let's hope that was not the reason, but sigh based on his past comments and stance i doubt it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Yes, by all means lets forget about his prior health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    shout out to the on screen debut of Angelina Jolie
    Not actually true. It's not even the first music video she was in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angeli...ie_filmography

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yes, by all means lets forget about his prior health issues.
    His prior health issues are all the more reason he should have been vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    His prior health issues are all the more reason he should have been vaccinated.
    Was he unvaccinated?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Was he unvaccinated?
    He allegedly was an Anti-Masker and railed against COVID restrictions.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2022-01-21 at 10:36 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    He was an Anti-Masker and railed against COVID restrictions.
    While this is bad in and of itself, there was no cause of death given AFAIK - and to make the immediate jump that this had anything to do with the death of someone who was 74, had notorious long-time health problems entirely unconnected to COVID, and was overweight for a long time to boot is really not a good reflection on YOUR character, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    While this is bad in and of itself, there was no cause of death given AFAIK - and to make the immediate jump that this had anything to do with the death of someone who was 74, had notorious long-time health problems entirely unconnected to COVID, and was overweight for a long time to boot is really not a good reflection on YOUR character, either.
    Some sources have claimed that he had to cancel a meeting earlier in the week because he had covid though.