Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trade chat is completely ruined. Why do the Devs let this happen?

Thanks so much for the update about culture from new Blizzard headman Ybarra. Does he play wow? How can he be ok with the endless sales spam that is trade chat. Its a complete turn off to any MMO player and is completely negligent on thier behalf. Its pathetic. Looking forward to hearing everyones input!
    Last edited by Baalboski; 2022-01-22 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should try the official forums?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Maybe you should try the official forums?
    Sorry, I'm banned there because anyone who eloquently brings up good points is banned on the official forums. Sad but true. I'm not even trying to be toxic here, but trade and chat in general in Retail wow is a symbol of function. To me it is anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Actually @SinR, I remember why i'm banned. Its because i frequently brought up the Sales mafia that is the complete RBG Bracket. Pretty sure its an inside job @ blizzard to make more money. Complete disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalboski View Post
    Sorry, I'm banned there because anyone who eloquently brings up good points is banned on the official forums. Sad but true. I'm not even trying to be toxic here, but trade and chat in general in Retail wow is a symbol of function. To me it is anyway.
    That's not how things work and you know it. You may have brought up good points, but you violated the terms you agreed to and enough posters decided to report your post(s). If you didn't violate any terms, you wouldn't have been banned.

So, you got banned from the forums and take that as an indication that you "eloquent bring up good points", then proceed to demonstrably prove that you are not good with argumentation at all by making a brief, incomprehensible and abrasive post here? And in particular you are complaining that somehow Ybarra's statement relates to Trade Chat? What's the connection here? Are you implying they shouldn't be making statements when they could be fixing Trade Chat(?) somehow? Are you suggesting bots and gold selling when you say "sales"?—because that's also in Classic. Your statement borders on incomprehensibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    That's not how things work and you know it. You may have brought up good points, but you violated the terms you agreed to and enough posters decided to report your post(s). If you didn't violate any terms, you wouldn't have been banned.
    Actually @SinR, I remember why i'm banned. Its because i frequently brought up the Sales mafia that is the complete RBG Bracket. Pretty sure its an inside job @ blizzard to make more money. Complete disgrace.

Pretty sure its an inside job @ blizzard to make more money.
    Conspiracy theories. Top-tier eloquence and good points, my dude.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks so much for the update about culture from new Blizzard headman Ybarra. Does he play wow? How can he be ok with the endless sales spam that is trade chat. Its a complete turn off to any MMO player and is completely negligent on thier behalf. Its pathetic. Looking forward to hearing everyones input!
    Lol @ 'does Ybarra play WoW'

He sells boosts. Of course he likes this shit as the game is just harlots that carry braindead monkeys over and over. That's all the game is now.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    So, you got banned from the forums and take that as an indication that you "eloquent bring up good points", then proceed to demonstrably prove that you are not good with argumentation at all by making a brief, incomprehensible and abrasive post here? And in particular you are complaining that somehow Ybarra's statement relates to Trade Chat? What's the connection here? Are you implying they shouldn't be making statements when they could be fixing Trade Chat(?) somehow? Are you suggesting bots and gold selling when you say "sales"?—because that's also in Classic. Your statement borders on incomprehensibility.

Sorry, i played classic and its not nearly on this level of retail. Fact. -- Furthermore, i may or may not be banned on the official forums anymore. I never go there anymore since server specific forums arent used as much anymore. I like MMo - champion better anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post

He sells boosts. Of course he likes this shit as the game is just harlots that carry braindead monkeys over and over. That's all the game is now.
    Well. Go figure. Guess the writing is on the wall. Why can't they hire the right people? Here we go 10 more years of drudgery or the game might just die too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post

If that is true... I have my answer. Mods feel free to close this thread whenever.

Sorry, i played classic and its not nearly on this level of retail. Fact. -- Furthermore, i may or may not be banned on the official forums anymore. I never go there anymore since server specific forums arent used as much anymore. I like MMo - champion better anyways.
    "Fact." Provides no evidence. Isn't spam by Gold Sellers one of the most common complaints about Classic now?

And furthermore, you're not answering any of my previous questions. You focused on two smaller comments and ignored the question of "what are you actually trying to tell us?"—that's pivoting. What do you mean in particular? Why should we trust you when you've already proven yourself to be conspiratorial and unreliable (as well as having been banned from the forums, which you do not visit anymore to such an extent you don't know if you're banned or not)? Your arguments are very questionable and your reliability even moreso.

"Fact." Provides no evidence. Isn't spam by Gold Sellers one of the most common complaints about Classic now?

And furthermore, you're not answering any of my previous questions. You focused on two smaller comments and ignored the question of "what are you actually trying to tell us?"—that's pivoting. What do you mean in particular? Why should we trust you when you've already proven yourself to be conspiratorial and unreliable (as well as having been banned from the forums, which you do not visit anymore to such an extent you don't know if you're banned or not)? Your arguments are very questionable and your reliability even moreso.

Look man, the new blizzard headman apparantly sells boosts. The game is going nowhere. I have my answer and im dissapointed. Not surprised either. Sad...

Look man, the new blizzard headman apparantly sells boosts. The game is going nowhere. I have my answer and im dissapointed. Not surprised either. Sad...
    You received one answer from someone who provided no sources. That's not evidence of anything.

You received one answer from someone who provided no sources. That's not evidence of anything.

All i can say is, no sane game dev, employee or person would take a look at what has happened to trade chat and be ok with that. Its going on 3 patches now. I have no reason to believe what that guy said isn't true because frankly it fits the bill. Sad, i know.

All i can say is, no sane game dev, employee or person would take a look at what has happened to trade chat and be ok with that. Its going on 3 patches now. I have no reason to believe what that guy said isn't true because frankly it fits the bill. Sad, i know.
    Your IQ could freeze water.

Listen, if you're going to build yourself into an echo chamber where you will endlessly believe anything someone feeds you because it "fits the bill", this provides a very sad suggestion of your credibility. I advise you try applying critical thinking to a situation.

Listen, if you're going to build yourself into an echo chamber where you will endlessly believe anything someone feeds you because it "fits the bill", this provides a very sad suggestion of your credibility. I advise you try applying critical thinking to a situation.
    I am going to pose the question to you. Le conceptuel. Are you ok with the current state of trade chat in retail wow? Why has this been allowed to proliferate like this for over a year?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pro Tip: turn off all Chats except guild. There is literally no reason to have any chat in this game active

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Pro Tip: turn off all Chats except guild. There is literally no reason to have any chat in this game active
    Considering there is no Voip in this game. Would you consider retail wow a traditional MMO then? What kind of game has this become? I'm not saying you are wrong with your suggestion. I'm just saying, sad times indeed.

He has admitted to selling boosting service himself it's something he values and thinks is good. I get why he thinks capitalism is god but there's something called gardening for profits aswell.

It's hilarious because if you look at the deeper implications of this whole design then you'll see the game is fit for a specific type of person. You enjoy farming dollars for Blizzard while getting a few gold coins as compensation, you'll love Shadowlands!

Your dream is to play a corporate tycoon game where you're rising to the top but actually it's a pyramid scheme because it's "illegal" to sell boosts for actual dollars.

If you want adventure and an escape away from the horrible reality of capitalism then you'll be happy farming transmogs and doing achievements for some mounts and toys.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-01-22 at 03:19 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Sarcastic thanks to leader of the company, followed by question we know the answer to, followed by problem worded in an aggressive manner. Blaming the company for the problem. Insulting them again. Sarcastically asking for input.

Great post! You seem to have forgotten the constructive criticism, however. Such as say, an example of what Blizzard should do to fix the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Sarcastic thanks to leader of the company, followed by question we know the answer to, followed by problem worded in an aggressive manner. Blaming the company for the problem. Insulting them again. Sarcastically asking for input.

Great post! You seem to have forgotten the constructive criticism, however. Such as say, an example of what Blizzard should do to fix the issue?
    At some point, you need to throw the politeness out the window because what has happened to wow over the years is disgraceful. Its worse than a dumpster fire. Would you agree?

- - - Updated - - -

A second person is now bringing the same accusation. Coincidence? Waiting for another proper reply from you.