Thread: Where is Ion ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    -10.0 should be, at least going by rumors, a lot different than previous expansions (meaning they have to do things differently, which is usually not as efficient)
    -The team hasn't delivered a single expansion without at least 10month content drought in over decade
    -Patch 9.2 is unlikely to come out until mid to late Feb
    -Blizzard will not launch a new expansion in mid / late december
    -Simply because MS acquires Activsion Blizzard in 2023, doesn't mean every internal issue has vanished over night

One cannot outrule it, but the odds are absolutely against it.

That is unlikely for the reason that 10.0 will storywise be likely dependant on what is happening at the end of 9.2, which isn't out yet.
    I doubt they're going to announce another expansion before they even announced the launch of 9.2.

If there's any WoW related news, it's the launch of 9.2, the only titles that could receive an official announcement are
    Diablo Immortal
    WoW Patch 9.2
    Any other mobile game (which are supposedly in the work for years now as well)
    Classic Wotlk (altough it would be quite soon, considering they've announced TBC when Classic was effectively done)
    I mean it’s pretty well known that we fight the Jailer who is attacking Azeroth. We got the SL announcement trailer before 8.3 dropped, it doesn’t have to line up with the patch

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    Hey folks,

anyone else out there, feeling that Ion (Hazzikostas) is nearly non-existent, since the Blizzard drama started ?

Since Legion, his face was always seen, in every corner. Regardless if in all that Him+Josh talks, or in some Updates or News PR videos, or as guest in some Interviews. But since around 9.1 or so (around the time when the Blizz harassments drama started) it’s like he is not existing.

I know some of you will say that’s a good thing. And i personally not wanna discuss him, or if his absence is good or bad. I personally like him for some things, but i don’t like the game design of WoW under his lead. But as i said: That’s not the topic.

The topic is: I ask myself, if i just missed some things, or if he really is that absent, and if other ppls feel/see the same.

Just curious
    Ion technically is also a lawyer. He was one before he joined blizzard. Tbh he is probably one od the people helping get the microsoft shit dealt with and smoothed over aswell as helping woth all the legal issues as one of the only top end people who fully understands it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I don't think his absence has been particularly weird mostly because we're in that current patch lull and there hasn't really been much reason for him to make an appearance. I'm sure once 9.2 gets closer he will do some interviews and talk about what's happening but considering 9.1 has been going on since forever I don't feel his absence has been that strange.
    He is also a full fledged lawyer so they probably have him helping with all the legal issues. He is probably one of the only members of blizzard who has a full understanding of the legal issues and can help those who need it.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I mean what would you expect him to say?
    The ptr is up and they did the 9.2 stream
    His job is done

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow you are serious about thinking that 9.2 is months away
    I'd say a month is quite likely, but I would put it as a March release. I was expecting May before, but PTR testing has gone so fast, that we likely seeing it out sooner than later. But again March is most likely for me.

1+ Year Old Account
    I can’t believe I just read this nor the words that came from your mouth. Ion being a lawyer has nothing to do with it. He’s not getting involved in any of it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    Why is there NO chance?
    Because we haven't even had the last raid patch come out and those are always around a year themselves.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is the manager of a very large team that is in crisis. He's busy with that I would guess. Yes, he's been quiet and given the usual reaction to any public thing he says that's the best way. Perhaps he has decided that the Tom Chilton way of Gamemaster communication, i.e. practically none at all, is the best path while all of this is going on.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Ion technically is also a lawyer. He was one before he joined blizzard. Tbh he is probably one od the people helping get the microsoft shit dealt with and smoothed over aswell as helping woth all the legal issues as one of the only top end people who fully understands it.

- - - Updated - - -

He is also a full fledged lawyer so they probably have him helping with all the legal issues. He is probably one of the only members of blizzard who has a full understanding of the legal issues and can help those who need it.
    Ummm, no. He is not doing legal stuff for Blizzard, they have a lawyer TEAM for that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean it’s pretty well known that we fight the Jailer who is attacking Azeroth. We got the SL announcement trailer before 8.3 dropped, it doesn’t have to line up with the patch
    Considering it's been hinted at that the next expansion will take place in Azeroth and the Jailer even attacks Azeroth during his encounter, i think one can see why this may be relevant.

And i said it in another post: Nothing that has happened during 8.3 was relevant for Shadowlands, anything related to Sylvanas was wrapped up beforehand, which was certainly intentional.

He did interviews with Preach usually, and did one with Bellular prior to Shadowlands launch if I'm not mistaken. One has jumped ship while both are very critical of the state of the game atm, dropping all bullshit and pretense and I would think that Blizzard PR wouldn't want any employee to be in touch with "negative click baiters" as some reductionist people like to label them as.

There's Sloot who did an interview with Morgan but he's not as big as others so maybe Ion/Blizz will reach out to him again who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

You do realise that companies that size of Blizzard will have dedicated team of legal counsel in order to deal with such matters? There will be a load of conflicts of interest to handle, confidentiality driven scenarios and a general load of MNPI that they wouldn’t just ask the Game Director of Warcraft to sub in to assist on ‘legal matters’.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    If you're the director, then yes you have the power to change the game so that your customers and satisfied and you would be proud being the face of WoW.
    Something Tom Chilton never did all during his time as game leader. He let Ghostcrawler take the heat and be the face of WoW. Was he not proud of Wrath or was it more his style? The latter I would think.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Considering it's been hinted at that the next expansion will take place in Azeroth and the Jailer even attacks Azeroth during his encounter, i think one can see why this may be relevant.

And i said it in another post: Nothing that has happened during 8.3 was relevant for Shadowlands, anything related to Sylvanas was wrapped up beforehand, which was certainly intentional.
    Yeah all they have to do is say that the Jailer’s attacks on Azeroth have led to… *insert theme of expansion*

I reckon it might. 9.2 was in advanced stages when it came to the PTR which means they have definitely been working on 10.0. I think we will see a new expansion announcement next week (Mike Ybarra's exciting news) and the Alpha will drop in March. 8-9 month Alpha/Beta cycle will see it release this year
    That's very hopeful but pretty much every expansions previous history goes against this. I honestly think we'll see 10.0 launched in Q1 2023.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Oh wow you are serious about thinking that 9.2 is months away
    9.2 is coming out in either VERY late February or March, that's my prediction.

Hasn't played WoW since August 04th, is probably busy watching tutorials for a better camera setup. The clip from the council video looks so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Ummm, no. He is not doing legal stuff for Blizzard, they have a lawyer TEAM for that.
    Yes and he has literly always been one of the members of blizzard to help with all legal issues.

He is most definately helping with what was his main career background. He is first and foremost a full fledge lawyer and with all the crap around blizzard they are going to use all they can . Including using Ion's skills.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    That's very hopeful but pretty much every expansions previous history goes against this. I honestly think we'll see 10.0 launched in Q1 2023.
    Shadowlands alpha launched April and we had the expansion by December. Time will tell; this is all based on the undeniable fact that when 9.2 PTR dropped it was a lot more polished than usual PTR builds when they first drop

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    You do realise that companies that size of Blizzard will have dedicated team of legal counsel in order to deal with such matters? There will be a load of conflicts of interest to handle, confidentiality driven scenarios and a general load of MNPI that they wouldn’t just ask the Game Director of Warcraft to sub in to assist on ‘legal matters’.
    By assist I do not mean go over stuff about what to do. I mean help other staff to fully understand all the legal wording and the implications. He does it all the time.

Yeah all they have to do is say that the Jailer’s attacks on Azeroth have led to… *insert theme of expansion*
    So...why are those cinematics encrypted then if we get to see the results of them beforehand..?

That obviously completely disregards that Blizzard isn't going to announce their next Expansion announcement with a single line in a post largely meant to address internal issues.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-01-22 at 04:49 PM.

By assist I do not mean go over stuff about what to do. I mean help other staff to fully understand all the legal wording and the implications. He does it all the time.
    Says who? Again, why would they bring in a Game Director to do this when they have a fully stacked legal counsel that does exactly this?

My company has tons of 'qualified lawyers' in various roles, but we leave the legal shit to the legal teams. Like you're meant to.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I can’t believe I just read this nor the words that came from your mouth. Ion being a lawyer has nothing to do with it. He’s not getting involved in any of it. LOL
    Some people are completely morons, more news at 11.

"One of our guys finished law school 15 years ago and didn't work there almost at all, quick recruit him to our legal team." xD