Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Awesome change. Gotta give them credit for listening, tied to the quest chain, account-wide, no horrible grind. Perfect!

"The answer there is that we have goals for your characters to grow over the course of the patch, allowing them to overcome challenges they couldn’t initially overcome. One specific example here is the difficulty of Sepulcher of the First Ones: by keeping the Enlightened Legendary a little bit in The Future from the raid’s launch, we can tune the raid at a difficulty that allows early progression to be bolstered by additional power once players start hitting stumbling blocks."

Thats a weird way of saying that they want you to sub longer

I am glad that they made the change to unlock it at the campaign but I need to ask..

Why a belt? They said so it doesn’t overlap with tier sets etc but why not allow us choice? Why not cloak, wrists, necklace, ring, waist option. My paladin currently has a legendary waist with the covenant specific legendary. Does this mean I have to recraft the exact same legendary with the 9.2 specific belt? Why not allow me to keep my covenant specific legendary and let me craft another legendary of my choosing as say a ring or wrist... it doesn’t make much sense.

"The Memory of Unity is remaining on the Enlightened reputation vendor, and will remain an account-wide unlock like other Legendary Memories from Shadowlands, but will now additionally require that you’ve completed Chapter 7 in order to purchase it."

so now it's not just a reputation-grind but a time-gate as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    "The Memory of Unity is remaining on the Enlightened reputation vendor, and will remain an account-wide unlock like other Legendary Memories from Shadowlands, but will now additionally require that you’ve completed Chapter 7 in order to purchase it."

so now it's not just a reputation-grind but a time-gate as well?
    Yup. I really don't understand how anyone can defend this game anymore.

This just replaces the 40 covenant levels of the other patches in terms of staggered power (which equals nerfing content but feels nicer) into your character. This time it just comes as a big chunk on week 5 instead of spread out over several weeks. It does the job, the important part is how fast alts and people who didn't play can catch up this part of their power that isn't tied to gear. Seems good to not lock it behind a long, trivial grind. (Hope they somehow drop the questchain too because listening to monologues for a couple of hours on alts is horrible to me)

So close yet so far...

Everything to keep those subs active for just a little longer instead of actually making enough content to last a while

RWF will finish in the first 2 weeks so this sounds like this will be another tier where the mythic raid is terribly undertuned once we get our double legos

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    TLDR, we want your sub money longer
    not really, no. if they wanted that then they would've stuck with the rep requirement. if you're not raiding but want the second leggo simply don't sub/buy gametime until week 3 of mythic release

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    So close yet so far...

Everything to keep those subs active for just a little longer instead of actually making enough content to last a while
    see above. People who are there for the raid will have subbed anyway from when it opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bungo View Post
    RWF will finish in the first 2 weeks so this sounds like this will be another tier where the mythic raid is terribly undertuned once we get our double legos
    Last 3 bosses will be tuned with 2 legos and 4 sets, or some bosses will be bugged like hell so they'll be unkillable on the first two weeks.
    First raid tier that will last 3 resets I hope

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "We feel that moving the Enlightened Legendary into the quest campaign will be even more egalitarian while still providing a very satisfying growth moment."
    I have been saying these developers are egalitarians for years now, so it's validating to see them admit it. Straight from the horses mouth as to why the game is in the shape it's in.

2015 -

2016 -

2018 -
    Its really only when it suits them. They ain't consistent.

They basically want you to pay for a second month's sub to equip the legendary which is why they've opened it after 5 weeks. Those that take a break in between or skip out on the weekly quests, will probably have to sub for a 3rd month to equip the legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Last 3 bosses will be tuned with 2 legos and 4 sets, or some bosses will be bugged like hell so they'll be unkillable on the first two weeks.
    First raid tier that will last 3 resets I hope
    Hope this ends up being the case but I'm sceptical

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    Its really only when it suits them. They ain't consistent.

They basically want you to pay for a second month's sub to equip the legendary which is why they've opened it after 5 weeks. Those that take a break in between or skip out on the weekly quests, will probably have to sub for a 3rd month to equip the legendary.
    People who raid aren’t not going to raid just because they don’t have double leggos. If you’re subbing solely to get the double legendary then just wait til it’s released (week 3 of mythic), sub and get it. Literally that simple

Thanks for the changes blizz! Acc wide and no rep behind it is awesome!

All bosses will be scaled for 1 lego 4 set so most likely they wont need to do extra nerfs early on. On topic - it now takes 1 extra week because of the additional timegating. So after people said "please dont timegate the main feature of this patch", they timegated it extra. Also lets not forget thats the VENDOR belt - if you want to craft a proper Unity legendary, you will still need to grind out the materials on top of your main lego materials after honored.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    So close yet so far...

When a player can go through month's worth of work in a day you have to accept that what you want in this case is literally impossible. Or would you like them to bring back false difficulty like open world elites, quests higher level than your character's, and other nuisances?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    "The answer there is that we have goals for your characters to grow over the course of the patch, allowing them to overcome challenges they couldn’t initially overcome. One specific example here is the difficulty of Sepulcher of the First Ones: by keeping the Enlightened Legendary a little bit in The Future from the raid’s launch, we can tune the raid at a difficulty that allows early progression to be bolstered by additional power once players start hitting stumbling blocks."

Thats a weird way of saying that they want you to sub longer
    Not really, its a valid point.

That said, im glad for this change!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AstroPup View Post
    Nice change, glad they changed their minds on the rep bit.

Also- I always love when people are like "hurr durr they want you to stay subbed longer!!!! THOSE BASTARDS!!!!" Well no freakin shit they want you to stay subbed longer, that's kinda the main business model of an MMO... Also what were these people planning on doing, getting double leggos and the unsubbing? If you plan on unsubbing then why do you care about double leggos at all?
    Yes, thats pretty much the plan for complainers. Ideally they would prefer to get it day 1 of patch 9.2 so they could unsub again and hit the forums for complaints!

No sarcasm.

I welcome this change I do not want to do daily grind

Neat, I just need to wait 5 weeks after 9.2 to resub

Feral aoe buff when?