Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Not convinced each of those events count. The sword differs by the fact that it's a stabbing and not an earth-shattering event from within.

The Cataclysm (or the Shattering as the event itself is called) might not have "killed" Azeroth in the same sense either. It mostly shook the elemental planes and roughed up the surface a bit.

It's tricky.
    So, basically, nothing counts as Azeroth's death?

As for the Windrunners, I think Alleria is a red herring. She isn't really logically tied to Azeroth's fate as far as we know.
    It's logical that she would be the harbinger of the Old Gods.

Sylvanas, though, has died two times as the Banshee Queen (three if you count her death at Arthas' hand, but I think of that event more as her birth). If she died again it could be seen as her third.
    Sylvanas died at the hands of Arthas, by throwing herself off of Icecrown and shot to death by Lord Vincent Godfrey.

Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    Am I doing this right

That's BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Tyrande talked about how she felt Azeroth had died twice before
    Sundering
    Cata
    Scouring
    Where?

7+ Year Old Account
    That one sentence came after a statement about delivering content
    And 9.2 is a content patch that should be delivered soon. Most I'm expecting about 10.0 next week is "Stay tuned for more Warcraft information coming soon/next month"
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    And 9.2 is a content patch that should be delivered soon. Most I'm expecting about 10.0 next week is "Stay tuned for more Warcraft information coming soon/next month"
    This is pretty much what I'm expecting too. Announcement of an announcement, same for the other games.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sooner we will get date for reveal, the better. Not only it will officially start speculation season, but also more people will be interested in 9.2 to find clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    My money is on 9.2 release date and a super obvious announcement of the expansion reveal date that doesnt completely reveal it's for the expansion.
    This and it would be the very best outcome if we get an announcement for the expansion reveal date. I still think it's just 9.2 release date.

- - - Updated - - -

That one sentence came after a statement about delivering content
    Which had nothing to do with WoW explicitly. That post was about "Blizzard Trust and Culture Efforts".

We also know we need to deliver content to our players on a more regular basis and innovate both in and beyond our existing games. We have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week makes about 1/20 of that entire post.

Maybe he's just announcing an online event in the near future (aka Blizzconline) where more info will be revealed.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I do what I do for my people of MMO-C, for the regular A-class Shitposters and my brother Plumbers. @Fahrad Wagner
    Did that b*tch just call me a plumber? HOLD MY SUCTION CUP.
    Also catching up with the thread now, this leak season is JUICEEEEH.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This and it would be the very best outcome if we get an announcement for the expansion reveal date. I still think it's just 9.2 release date.

Which had nothing to do with WoW explicitly. That post was about "Blizzard Trust and Culture Efforts".

We also know we need to deliver content to our players on a more regular basis and innovate both in and beyond our existing games. We have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week makes about 1/20 of that entire post.

Maybe he's just announcing an online event in the near future (aka Blizzconline) where more info will be revealed.
    To be fair, part of getting the trust of the community back (which the post was about) is actually talking about the future of their franchises, not exclusively Warcraft, but all of them.

I feel like with the context of this tweet together with the blurb from the blog post, it seems to be a pretty safe bet we'll be seeing some stuff come out throughout February. Whether or not we'll get a 10.0 reveal before the end of the raid (3 weeks into 9.2 release) remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    To be fair, part of getting the trust of the community back (which the post was about) is actually talking about the future of their franchises, not exclusively Warcraft, but all of them.

I feel like with the context of this tweet together with the blurb from the blog post, it seems to be a pretty safe bet we'll be seeing some stuff come out throughout February. Whether or not we'll get a 10.0 reveal before the end of the raid (3 weeks into 9.2 release) remains to be seen.
    Oh I am sure we'll be getting something, my point is just that they wouldn't bury an expansion announcement in a post that is basically all about company culture. So what's to be expected for next week is a schedule or timeline for the real announcements and not the game-related announcements themselves.

I'm just confused by the timing. They cancelled Blizzconline last year just to have pseudo Blizzconline at roughly the same time.

Why are people not coming up with expansion "leaks" that are better than the usual stuff that has been regurgitated for 100000 times already.

I mean people were expecting something related to South Seas back during Legion, yet none of the leaks covered what was exactly going on: the Battle for Azeroth stuff. Same with Shadowlands which came out of nowhere (for the better or worse).

So all of these Dragon Isles leaks are way too predictable. Blizzard won't do something so obvious or basic. Heck even Legion had a major twist in the Nightborne and Suramar which nobody was seeing.
    100%

from past experience all of these repetitive dragon isles 'leaks' should lead us to believe that we are most likely not getting a dragon isles xpac or at the very least dragon isles only plays a small part in the upcoming xpac.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh I am sure we'll be getting something, my point is just that they wouldn't bury an expansion announcement in a post that is basically all about company culture. So what's to be expected for next week is a schedule or timeline for the real announcements and not the game-related announcements themselves.

I'm just confused by the timing. They cancelled Blizzconline last year just to have pseudo Blizzconline at roughly the same time.
    Don't think it will be an event, just for the games that they have upcoming stuff to announce it on the separate media channels they announce stuff for that game.

Blizzcon/Blizzconline isn't just about the game announcements, there is also all the deep dive panels, the workshop panels, chats, Q&A and other stuff. What we will get from the announcement is probably what we would get for a game in the opening ceremony segment that is a couple minutes per game (separated by game to each channel, without the additional stuff) and then the equivalent we get from the Whats Next panel about a game.

This is far from all blizzcon(line) is.

10+ Year Old Account
    My launcher is downloading something in the background

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think it will be an event, just for the games that they have upcoming stuff to announce it on the separate media channels they announce stuff for that game.

Blizzcon/Blizzconline isn't just about the game announcements, there is also all the deep dive panels, the workshop panels, chats, Q&A and other stuff. What we will get from the announcement is probably what we would get for a game in the opening ceremony segment that is a couple minutes per game (separated by game to each channel, without the additional stuff) and then the equivalent we get from the Whats Next panel about a game.

Which is likely what we'll get so long as <World events> continue.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Which is likely what we'll get so long as <World events> continue.
    I think you misunderstood my post. Blizzconline also had various other panels that would be found on the regular blizzcon, however what we will get over the next month or two is just the announcements, which are a small part of both Blizzcon and Blizzconline. They did something similar to Blizzcon last year beacause of the mentioned world events, but this year it was canceled (because of the lawsuit i think) and thus we will just get the announcements for various games over the same period. No indepth info or various panels

But it has enough stuff to cover a Blizzconline, even if there's none of the (mostly poinless) fluff panels. I don't expect them just to throw out announcements without showing anything at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    100%

from past experience all of these repetitive dragon isles 'leaks' should lead us to believe that we are most likely not getting a dragon isles xpac or at the very least dragon isles only plays a small part in the upcoming xpac.
    There definitely will be an unexpected twist or mash up of themes / stories which these leaks do not cover.

- - - Updated - - -

It's probably gonna be a Blizzard version of a Nintendo Direct. Just trailers for an hour.
    Yep. But this could have been their online event from the get go, I mean there is no ruleset as to how a Blizzconline has to be. I mean the one they had was pretty mediocre at best to be honest, so the bar wasn't set too high from the beginning.

7+ Year Old Account
    But it has enough stuff to cover a Blizzconline, even if there's none of the (mostly poinless) fluff panels. I don't expect them just to throw out announcements without showing anything at all.

- - - Updated - - -

There definitely will be an unexpected twist or mash up of themes / stories which these leaks do not cover.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. But this could have been their online event from the get go, I mean there is no ruleset as to how a Blizzconline has to be. I mean the one they had was pretty mediocre at best to be honest, so the bar wasn't set too high from the beginning.
    You might call it fluff, but a lot of people like those panels and that is what defines Blizzcon from a regular announcement. Using that name for an online announcement event wouldn't really have the same feeling.

Well they did cancel it while they were going through the shit and that was before the upper upper management all got fired/left so this could just be actual changes but they probably still dont want to commit to a full Blizzconline while they rebuild.
    Maybe it has more to do with the Microsoft acquistion, it just fits the timeline quite well.

Maybe it has more to do with the Microsoft acquistion, it just fits the timeline quite well.
    Acquisition would only be known by a select few people as it getting out beforehand becomes really complex really quickly when it comes to stock buying and such. It wouldn't be influencing any major public facing decisions like cancelling Blizzconline, especially not at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Acquisition would only be known by a select few people as it getting out beforehand becomes really complex really quickly when it comes to stock buying and such. It wouldn't be influencing any major public facing decisions like cancelling Blizzconline, especially not at that point.
    I'm talking about internal reasons for the cancellation, not something the public would be aware of beforehand.

So, what I noticed in all recent "leaks" never seem to mention faction cross-play. (Which was actually a hot topic in previous leak season.)
    Personally, I think it's coming next expansion. Especially with how devs were hinting at it lately.
    What do you guys think?

I'm talking about internal reasons for the cancellation, not something the public would be aware of beforehand.
    That's what I meant too, unless the CEO/a lawyer cancelled it without specifying a valid reason to anyone asking about it (which would be suspicious and cause for investigation on its own) it won't have been related to any possible buyouts. Arguably having an event like it (provided there's positive announcements) can only do them well as Microsoft had to buy out the shares.