Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Here's a side by side:
    Naaru aren't metallic though. I agree that was probably the intent of whoever made the logo, but if blizzard were going to put Naaru pieces on the logo I'd assume they'd still be glowing light pieces, not just shaped like bits of Naaru.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a side by side:

Considering how much the logo aesthetics clash with the expansion name, we could've done so from the get go.

A shame really, it is a very pretty logo.
    This part actually reminds me Alleria's bow braided with Turalyon's armor sigils. Im pretty sure if there will be Void/Light expac, these two would play one of the central roles.
    Tbh, I wouldnt be surprised if this logo is legit leaked draft of an actual expansion logo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, Team Liquid takes Limit.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I am going to throw my hat in the ring here and say that the logo border argument doesn't really seem convincing.
    Firstly, this is the same kind of argument made against the Shadowlands logo two years back, and they were just as valid then.

Secondly, and more importantly:
    What kind of fake leaker would make a custom logo of this quality and then intentionally choose something that wouldn't fit?
    Unless they are deliberately aiming at the logo conossieurs to get their clever ruse then there is a method to choosing Naaru pieces for the border.
    Either because it's a coincidence and you are reading too deep into it. Or because like Cata it's a dragons and void themed expansion being imagined.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, does that border look strikingly like Naaru pieces, or just kinda similar?
    Couldn't it just be random pieces of jagged metal or similar to evoke other themes?
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    This part actually reminds me Alleria's bow braided with Turalyon's armor sigils. Im pretty sure if there will be Void/Light expac, these two would play one of the central roles.
    Tbh, I wouldnt be surprised if this logo is legit leaked draft of an actual expansion logo.
    Oh yeah, I also forgot that Blizzard themselves used that naaru pieces on armor design idea with Turalyon. That's... very interesting. Alleria + Turalyon, as you said, evokes a Void + Light idea. The expansion logo makes a lot more sense (though it's no less messy) from that angle. The purple's obviously Void then, and the metallic sections would be Light, explaining why the expansion name is projecting light rays.

Very, very strange.

I would love to read everyone's theories on where Medivh is right now, and why/how he is/or isn't aware/getting involved with Zovaal's plan that threatens Azeroth.

His last words to us were seemingly pretty clearly about the portal to Argus,
    "It may be simpler to shut a door than to pass through it, but sometimes a step into the unknown is required to break the bonds of fate. There is much that lies ahead for all of us."

Fate has been more prominent as a concept in Shadowlands than other expansions, and Medivh is even a character who has transcended Death, it seems.
    He is still around somehow right? That was the implication at the end of that patch?

We can ask the same question about Khadgar. Surely he's gotta be concerned about Zovaal.
    Even though SL is drawing near it's finale and there's no sign of him, there's some chance one of the two could appear in those lengthy cutscenes and cinematics encrypted.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I would love to read everyone's theories on where Medivh is right now, and why/how he is/or isn't aware/getting involved with Zovaal's plan that threatens Azeroth.

"It may be simpler to shut a door than to pass through it, but sometimes a step into the unknown is required to break the bonds of fate. There is much that lies ahead for all of us."

Fate has been more prominent as a concept in Shadowlands than other expansions, and Medivh is even a character who has transcended Death, it seems.
    He is still around somehow right? That was the implication at the end of that patch?

We can ask the same question about Khadgar. Surely he's gotta be concerned about Zovaal.
    Even though SL is drawing near it's finale and there's no sign of him, there's some chance one of the two could appear in those lengthy cutscenes and cinematics encrypted.
    There is absolutely no way either one of them are gonna show up, I can tell you that.

I like the idea of using Alleria's bow and Turalyon's armour as imagery to foreshadow the next expansion, I could see this being used as a hint at the future, like how they hinted 9.2 with the runes puzzle.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

They are both sharing the same expansion storage room with every other character that's charged with protecting the planet, but never actually shows up when the planet is in danger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I mean, does that border look strikingly like Naaru pieces, or just kinda similar?
    Couldn't it just be random pieces of jagged metal or similar to evoke other themes?
    Those shapes are very distinctly Naaru.
    No other creature, thing, or place has that kinda design.

Formerly known as Arafal

Considering how much the logo aesthetics clash with the expansion name, we could've done so from the get go.

It's kinda like having an all dragony design and then putting "Return of the Legion" as the title. It just doesn't fit together.

They are both sharing the same expansion storage room with every other character that's charged with protecting the planet, but never actually shows up when the planet is in danger.
    Yeah, that's part of the problem with the story escalation, and I don't just mean the threat levels we face.

In Warcraft III the world was at stake, but distance still meant something. Khadgar could definitely want to help in that sort of story, but be months away and the story resolved by the time he arrives, thus he isn't in the story. Nowadays the stakes are always high and the ability to be wherever at any time is basically available to anyone, so when they want to cycle the focus on characters, they just have to hope we won't ask too many questions.

- - - Updated - - -

Those shapes are very distinctly Naaru.
    No other creature, thing, or place has that kinda design.
    I don't really think the pieces are that obviously Naaru, not to completely discount the similarities, but they seem more like stylized metal pieces like what we have on Elf armor and weapons.-

As I said above, the leaker would have had to have chosen these specific shapes, and if it's a mistake then I don't think it's a stretch to imagine Blizzard could do the same.

And this is barring the obvious outcome that this could be Cata 2.0 with Dragons and Void both being heavy themes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Yeah, that's part of the problem with the story escalation, and I don't just mean the threat levels we face.

In Warcraft III the world was at stake, but distance still meant something. Khadgar could definitely want to help in that sort of story, but be months away and the story resolved by the time he arrives, thus he isn't in the story. Nowadays the stakes are always high and the ability to be wherever at any time is basically available to anyone, so when they want to cycle the focus on characters, they just have to hope we won't ask too many questions.
    Eh, Khadgar could definitely could of helped and quickly(Hes a mage he could of sensed what was happening and ported away but again its not painful that he doesn't). I do hope he comes around if Yrel makes a reappearance. Medivh is harder to pin on since most of him was related to the Legion. The only thing that might be related to him is Sargeras and he's kinda in stasis right now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I don't really think the pieces are that obviously Naaru, not to completely discount the similarities, but they seem more like stylized metal pieces like what we have on Elf armor and weapons.-

As I said above, the leaker would have had to have chosen these specific shapes, and if it's a mistake then I don't think it's a stretch to imagine Blizzard could do the same.

And this is barring the obvious outcome that this could be Cata 2.0 with Dragons and Void both being heavy themes.
    Not really. There's errors in this that simply wouldn't make sense for somebody with access to the source materials.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not really. There's errors in this that simply wouldn't make sense for somebody with access to the source materials.
    People said the same for the Shadowlands logo, and that one turned out correct.
    It's not unthinkable that the logo is legitimate, and that the mistakes are either from honest mistakes from the designer, or because it's still nto completely polished.

If 10.0 is announced within the next 4-5 weeks then a logo leak is pretty fitting right about now. Especially when you consider that the press kits have likely been ready for ages now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of characters charged with protecting the planet but never appear, if they include the Lifelands/ED/whatever in the next expansion in whatever form, i really hope we actually get to interact with Freya for once.

She is the only titan keeper that has not even once appeared in the game since WotLK.

Formerly known as Arafal

Here's a side by side:

Dude that’s similar but claiming they are naaru is a bit of a stretch

Honestly I think void can be closely related to dragon isles. There are some hints about twilight dragons. In legion we saw Zeryxia, in BFA we saw Vexiona, and these twilight dragons are all minions of the void. They are the most recent evil dragonflight and can be connected to a real void expansion after dragon isles exp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Dude that’s similar but claiming they are naaru is a bit of a stretch
    I guess we each can have our own opinions, but to me that stuff is very obviously Naaru design.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hattahat View Post
    Honestly I think void can be closely related to dragon isles. There are some hints about twilight dragons. In legion we saw Zeryxia, in BFA we saw Vexiona, and these twilight dragons are all minions of the void. They are the most recent evil dragonflight and can be connected to a real void expansion after dragon isles exp.
    Tbh, Void forces taking Dragon Isles forcing Alliance to open Dark Portal and ask "old friend" Yrel to help them with invaders doesnt seem like an impossible scenario.
    It would basically be Suramar - Dragon Isles/ Nightborne - Dragons/ Void - Legion, except for Yrel and Co will end up being the bigger enemy in 10.1 and forward.