7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    And, it could be a real leak, im just not scrapping any possibilities.
    Sure, but I guess it needs some more "patterns".
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Lol, I just realized that it would have the same initials as the GW2 expansion.

Yeah no I doubt that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Lol, I just realized that it would have the same initials as the GW2 expansion.

Yeah no I doubt that.
    didn't people also said the expansion would not be named shadowlands because final fantasy last patch or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Sure, but I guess it needs some more "patterns".
    Are you implying that human being are inherently prone to bias themselves in favor of finding patterns and order? I thought Blizzard just released expansions according to very specific patterns! You're implying that it's nonsensical to try to find patterns in how this company operates based on extremely circumstantial evidence that could easily be chalked up to coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Are you implying that human being are inherently prone to bias themselves in favor of finding patterns and order? I thought Blizzard just released expansions according to very specific patterns! You're implying that it's nonsensical to try to find patterns in how this company operates based on extremely circumstantial evidence that could easily be chalked up to coincidence?
    No, of course not. We know that because of secret insider information, not because of logical and rational reasoning.

7+ Year Old Account
    k

/10 found patterns
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    didn't people also said the expansion would not be named shadowlands because final fantasy last patch or something.
    I mean, Shadowbringer and Shadowlands, while similiar, are do not have the same initials.

There being two EoDs coming out would be kinda confusing lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, of course not. We know that because of secret insider information, not because of logical and rational reasoning.
    I'll only believe you if it was written on a napkin somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    k

/10 found patterns
    Hrm ... a K. That's one long line and two short lines. Clearly, we are being told something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, Shadowbringer and Shadowlands, while similiar, are do not have the same initials.

It didn't sound right to me either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'll only believe you if it was written on a napkin somewhere.
    Nothing so obvious, of course. It was written across a whole bunch of different coasters that i had to arrange in precisely the right way so the topmost letter of each spelled out the message. Some people claimed i was just fudging things to say what i wanted them to, but i bet they're with THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It didn't sound right to me either.
    I also don't think "Empire of Dragons" really sounds like a very good name. Every other expansion name save "Legion" and "Cataclysm" unquestionably linked to something in the lore, and even the former of those two was very relevant in the context of WoW. I don't see a name like "Empire of Dragons" being used since it strikes me as so generic.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The rational approach here would be to assume it is fake until proven otherwise. We had far more fakes than real leaks.

Could it be real? Maybe, but highly unlikely, and if it is it's a very poor quality copy of the real thing, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. There's also the problem that the logo has no discernible connection to the title, which we've never really had.
    We normally have a bunch of fake logos too

The connection to the title can be by the same stretch as the naaru shapes
    The sides are dragon horns on top
    Dragon flame on the bottom
    The bigger crack in the globe is a throw back to Cata while also referencing the splintered alliance and the scouring

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The Shadowlands leaked logo was clearly handpainted (edit: I mean digitally hand-crafted, not painted in traditional media) rather quickly instead of rendered (in the painting sense, not 3D rendered) it also had bits that were highly incomplete (the top was almost completely blank) and lots of little problems (the stroke around the maintext was sloppily painted in). So the whole thing read as just being not official, particularly when it fairly close to announcement.

It was just very basic and unpolished compared to all the previous logos we could use as a control.
    Are we thinking of the same Shadowlands Logo leak? I'm referring to this one, which appears exactly as it does in HD today. (just in lower res wouldn't ya know it.)

and then for the Cinematic, it was 3D rendered, though once again this was not the graphic used on the promotional material.

If I wasn't clear enough, my mistake, however the hand-Painted aspect of the Shadowlands logo I tried to acknowledge as my basis for why I feel the Empire of Dragons logo is fake.
    The quality of the Paint-Job doesn't match the SL logo, leaked or otherwise.

and then to circle around to my point about BfA's official logo, the leaked SL logo is far more polished than BfA's photoshopperoo. Why would the style and quality of the handpainted method decline in one expansions time so drastically?

When say, the 9.2 patch frame is pretty well polished. https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20211111183656
    Even including new runes, First Ones Cyphers, in place of the classic Titan/Elvish/Demonic classic general runes we've had, and that EoD once again features.
    Not certain they'd put that on the official expack logo, but it shows that they're interested in/have played with that concept going forward.
    Last edited by Archmage Xaxxas; 2022-01-22 at 11:34 PM.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

I also don't think "Empire of Dragons" really sounds like a very good name. Every other expansion name save "Legion" and "Cataclysm" unquestionably linked to something in the lore, and even the former of those two was very relevant in the context of WoW. I don't see a name like "Empire of Dragons" being used since it strikes me as so generic.
    It's no more generic than "Wrath of the Lich King" honestly.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    If I wasn't clear enough, my mistake, however the hand-Painted aspect of the Shadowlands logo I tried to acknowledge as my basis for why I feel the Empire of Dragons logo is fake.

Yeah we talked about this in another discord too, the fake empire of dragons looks like the type of "painted" look that you would see in earlier expansions, not something now after Legion.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It's no more generic than "Wrath of the Lich King" honestly.
    Not really. The "Lich King" is a pretty specific concept. It refers to something in particular unique to Warcraft. "Empire of Dragons" not only could be the name of anything, but sounds more like a sort of generic stock parody you'd see on TV. I couldn't imagine anything being called Empire of Dragons, really, simply because it's a rather nonsensical and boring name without any quality of uniqueness to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MabusGaming View Post
    Yeah we talked about this in another discord too, the fake empire of dragons looks like the type of "painted" look that you would see in earlier expansions, not something now after Legion.
    You never know when the quality of something specific in WoW will take a sudden nosedive for no good reason.
    Legion for instance went the entire expansion without ever getting a "proper" loading screen featuring the Broken Isles map+some character, instead using the promotional image like what we usually see in the beta or in one-off areas like the Heart Chamber in BfA.

GW2 can seemingly never catch a break when it comes to things like release timing. From World of Warcraft's perspective this might seem awkward, but from GW2's perspective it's entirely a case of "just our luck." ;P

Not really. The "Lich King" is a pretty specific concept. It refers to something in particular unique to Warcraft. "Empire of Dragons" not only could be the name of anything, but sounds more like a sort of generic stock parody you'd see on TV. I couldn't imagine anything being called Empire of Dragons, really, simply because it's a rather nonsensical and boring name without any quality of uniqueness to it.
    I suppose, but then again, Cataclysm is also wildly generic, and Legion is extremely vague if you don't already know WoW lore with the Burning Legion. Something referring to the Aspects would definitely be more specific to WoW, but I don't think Empire of Dragons is that bad as far as WoW expansion names go.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Are we thinking of the same Shadowlands Logo leak? I'm referring to this one, which appears exactly as it does in HD today. (just in lower res wouldn't ya know it.)

and then for the Cinematic, it was 3D rendered, though once again this was not the graphic used on the promotional material.

and then to circle around to my point about BfA's official logo, the leaked SL logo is far more polished than BfA's photoshopperoo. Why would the style and quality of the handpainted method decline in one expansions time so drastically?

When say, the 9.2 patch frame is pretty well polished. https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20211111183656
    Even including new runes, First Ones Cyphers, in place of the classic Titan/Elvish/Demonic classic general runes we've had, and that EoD once again features.
    Not certain they'd put that on the official expack logo, but it shows that they're interested in/have played with that concept going forward.
    Those aren’t the SL logos

There’s no ghosts around the border
    The colors don’t match up
    The F and T are obvious photoshop