Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Is it actually his house? I know that it formally is his house, but it seems usual that it is swapped so that the PM is in #11 instead and the Chancellor is in #10. (The reason is that #11 is larger, and the refurbishment controversy around that time was for #11; and it hardly makes sense for BoJo to get secret donor money to refurbish someone else's apartment. It could, of course, be that they were living in #10 due to the refurbishments.)

Note that Chancellor Sunak claims to have not been invited to the party.
    It's his official residence, not his actual residence. But he knows where he was and what he was doing, he just doesn't think rules apply to him. Remember the prescient words of his classics teacher from 1982: "Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

Another day and another Tory scandal! https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/s...60561263693828

Although I have to say that I am glad to see high profile Tories such as Steve Baker and Nadhim Zahawi quickly speaking out. This needs to be investigated and be decisively dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Another day and another Tory scandal! https://twitter.com/thesundaytimes/s...60561263693828

Although I have to say that I am glad to see high profile Tories such as Steve Baker and Nadhim Zahawi quickly speaking out. This needs to be investigated and be decisively dealt with.
    Might as well add this to the "good" news for the Tories:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ut-of-building

Yes, they've found details of yet another previously unmentioned party. Honestly I've lost count at this point. And Gray is in possession of card records for who was swiping in and out, and when.

This report is either going to finish Boris off on its own merits, or be watered down by Boris in an attempt to save himself, in which case he'll be toast once that "leaks" out. And it will.

I agree with one of your previous posts; I think the Tories wanted him to stay until the May Local Elections, so he could take the fall for them. But I don't see any way he can cling on that long, not now.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Positively shocked that the buttoned up Conservative government under the impeccable leadership of Boris Johnson should run into any trouble.

The comments are delightful. Somehow this is the fault of the "atheist establishment", and also she was apparently a Remainer (she wasn't) and so this is all fine or something?

Man, one of these days people will realize that the joining/supporting the Leopards Eating My Face parties has a significant chance of you being the one whose face is eaten.

7+ Year Old Account

Steve Baker is quite impressive I'd be more than happy were he to replace Boris - not that he is going anywhere, been chair of the ERG a couple of times, not surprised that the Tories are jumping on this tout suite and nipping it in the bud.

Thankfully the Tories led by Boris are a most honourable party, run a clean ship and have learnt from the anti-semitic racist allegations that started in Corbyn's time and still plague the Labour party today. Will they ever clean their dirty house?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Steve Baker is quite impressive I'd be more than happy were he to replace Boris - not that he is going anywhere, been chair of the ERG a couple of times, not surprised that the Tories are jumping on this tout suite and nipping it in the bud.

Thankfully the Tories led by Boris are a most honourable party, run a clean ship and have learnt from the anti-semitic racist allegations that started in Corbyn's time and still plague the Labour party today. Will they ever clean their dirty house?
    Brexiters and Tory members right now, apparently - https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561

Oh dribbles, don't ever change. Just woke the family up laughing at your latest post.

Still impossible to tell the difference between your posts and an over the top satirical piss take of people like you. Do you realise that? Do you care?

Feel free to link us to the results of the investigation into islamophobia in the Tory Party. Or link us to the results of the investigation into connections between the Tory Party and Russia. Give us a few days, and we'll probably have a neutered report on the appalling behaviour of the government during the pandemic. If they let it come out at all.

There is nothing honourable about this party, and the ship they're on is as dirty as it gets. But you know that, hence the pathetic attempt at a "squirrel" talking about a racism issue that never really existed in a party that isn't in power. But will be before long, the way that the Tories are going. Put who you like in charge, nobody is getting control of this rabble.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I'm not sure I'd quite agree that Steve Baker is all that impressive but nonetheless his statement is a welcome one.

Ironically, although potentially scandalous, this could end up helping Johnson. I suspect that a quick and decisive investigation that results in the expulsion of the person responsible would draw attention away from Sue Gray's report especially if it can be pinned on one bad apple.

Whatever way this goes it is, yet another, mess for the Tory party.

. I suspect that a quick and decisive investigation [/I].

W
    didnt they all agree to have an inquiry into islamophobia in the tory party at the last leaders debate, and then did fuck all. Given hope not hates poll of tory islamophobia is what 47% of tories doesnt take a genius to work out why. Why turn off their red meat voters.

As for quick and decisive investigations lol its the fucking tory party we are talking about here. And boris.

The Tory party is a massive fucking joke. What's frustrating it is that it's now starting to take a measurable toll on the country.

Cost of living going up. Incompetence dealing with the pandemic. Britain is in steep decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The Tory party is a massive fucking joke. What's frustrating it is that it's now starting to take a measurable toll on the country.

Cost of living going up. Incompetence dealing with the pandemic. Britain is in steep decline.
    wait till Liz dies. gonna be a basketcase.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hear the uk is ditching masks/vaccine mandates again, trying to drive up polls anyway how.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I hear the uk is ditching masks/vaccine mandates again, trying to drive up polls anyway how.
    Yep. Appealing to backbencher idiots.

So Boris had a birthday party during lockdown. I wonder if he didn't know that was a party, either?

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-01-24/...ws-understands

Cake, everybody singing "happy birthday dear Boris". What's the excuse going to be this time? "I didn't know it was my birthday. Nobody had told me. I thought it was the regular 'praise Boris' session that we have before we start each working day. They bring me presents then too".

Resign, you bloviated lying waste of space. Put us all out of your misery.

A surprise party with 30+ people indoors in the middle of last summer?

I mean, I guess he can say he forgot about it. But then we have the question of whether having a PM with early onset dementia is a good thing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    A surprise party with 30+ people indoors in the middle of last summer?

I mean, I guess he can say he forgot about it. But then we have the question of whether having a PM with early onset dementia is a good thing or not.
    It was the middle of the summer before last. It's scary how long this whole thing has been going on!

But yes, a PM that can't remember what he did the year before last isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    It was the middle of the summer before last. It's scary how long this whole thing has been going on!

But yes, a PM that can't remember what he did the year before last isn't a good thing.
    to be fair him being constantly pissed wouldn't be surprising. The children of silk that make up the tory party all seem to be off their rockers.

I still think Tugendhat is the one to watch as an obvious sensible replacement. Unless they go full jihad brexit people then who the fuck knows.

Piers fucking Morgan is questioning his character now. There's no coming back from that one. Talk about kick a man when he's down.

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/st...87149836001283

So, when people in an office buy a cake in the middle of the afternoon for someone else they are working in the office with and stop for ten minutes to sing happy birthday and then go back to their desks, this is now called a party?
    Yes, Nadine. Having colleagues gather into an enclosed room to sing happy birthday and mill about for 10 minutes so they can feel they've "earned" their cake rather than just take a slice an awkwardly walk away, that's a party. It's not a bash, but it's a party. A party that was not allowed under the covid rules at the time, and one that kicked off shortly after a moment of silence for NHS workers, apparently.

Do all these 30+ attendees regularly work out of the PM's office on a daily basis?

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/sta...48429546217475

Also, that awkward moment when people remember that Boris Johnson praised another member of Parliament for postponing her birthday in May, 3 months before his own birthday party.

I can't wait for the Brexiteers to tell us how this is all actually a good thing.