Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Except for the one that was talking about Mostert being on IR when he went out a couple plays into game 1 and basically didn't even matter to mention or talk about haha. That one cracked me up. The rest was pretty stupid.
    As yes, more classy behavior from you.

How many times in this thread are you going to whine "just let it go!" at me and then not let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Except for the one that was talking about Mostert being on IR when he went out a couple plays into game 1 and basically didn't even matter to mention or talk about haha. That one cracked me up. The rest was pretty stupid.
    For me, it was the Mitchell broken finger, which was actually from over 2 months ago and only resulted in him missing the game in Week 11.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Also to the folks saying "But LaFleur fixed the offense."

Sure, and their new DC developed their defensive guys.

But at home after a bye and after a first-drive touchdown this team puts up:
    Fumble
    Punt
    Punt
    Punt
    Blocked FG
    Punt
    FG
    Blocked punt
    Punt

And in the game-defining drive they just pity run it like they were playing for Overtime.

And that Special Teams fiasco? Run by a guy that was promoted internally. After firing the guy that internal guy worked under last year when Special Teams were also a fiasco.

LaFleur absolutely owns this meltdown as he should own the last two playoff meltdowns. This is no different than McCarthy's tenure post-Super Bowl.
    There's also just something... weirdly non clutch about Rodgers. His 4th quarter comeback stats are terrible, he's way worse than the other qbs who are considered his peers, and he's always been that way. I read something a while ago about comebacks from being down by more than 10 points - when a player like Peyton was down more than 10 points, his interceptions skyrocketed but his team came back and won a fair percentage of the time. Rodgers' stats were better on the surface than Manning's, but because he didn't adjust to the situation his teams never really made comebacks.

I found it!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...odgers-enigma/

"It’s when the quarterbacks’ teams are down 9 or more points in the second half that you really see the difference. Peyton Manning throws interceptions on 15.6 percent of his drives, compared to Rodgers’ 8.1 percent. And for that, Manning is punished … by winning 28.6 percent of these games. Rodgers, meanwhile, wins 0 percent. That’s right, Rodgers has zero comebacks of 9 or more points in the second half. Ever...

Rodgers has zero wins in 21 games while Manning has 14 wins in 49 games, with Manning throwing interceptions nearly twice as often."

This was published a while ago, but I do think Rodgers for some reason doesn't ever seem to adjust his game to the moment. Today's game was cold and snowy, and he was just kind of helpless. Great article by the way... stood out in my mind for showing how sometimes stats like interception % don't tell the full story.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    For me, it was the Mitchell broken finger, which was actually from over 2 months ago and only resulted in him missing the game in Week 11.
    So much for letting it go.

Yeah that one was my mistake, it ended up being something else. But how do you not understand that injuries definitely contribute to worse production?

10+ Year Old Account
    And the "great" banter continues....

Fun stat of the day - the top rushing total for the divisional round is owned by D'Onta Freeman, who had 4 carries today.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    There's also just something... weirdly non clutch about Rodgers. His 4th quarter comeback stats are terrible, he's way worse than the other qbs who are considered his peers, and he's always been that way. I read something a while ago about comebacks from being down by more than 10 points - when a player like Peyton was down more than 10 points, his interceptions skyrocketed but his team came back and won a fair percentage of the time. Rodgers' stats were better on the surface than Manning's, but because he didn't adjust to the situation his teams never really made comebacks.

I found it!

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...odgers-enigma/

"It’s when the quarterbacks’ teams are down 9 or more points in the second half that you really see the difference. Peyton Manning throws interceptions on 15.6 percent of his drives, compared to Rodgers’ 8.1 percent. And for that, Manning is punished … by winning 28.6 percent of these games. Rodgers, meanwhile, wins 0 percent. That’s right, Rodgers has zero comebacks of 9 or more points in the second half. Ever...

Rodgers has zero wins in 21 games while Manning has 14 wins in 49 games, with Manning throwing interceptions nearly twice as often."

This was published a while ago, but I do think Rodgers for some reason doesn't ever seem to adjust his game to the moment. Today's game was cold and snowy, and he was just kind of helpless. Great article by the way... stood out in my mind for showing how sometimes stats like interception % don't tell the full story.
    Something about those last two drives you could tell either Rodgers or LaFleur was broken by that point. The pity running on the tied game drive, Rodgers having two guys wide open in the middle of the field but reflexively tossing it to a covered Cobb for a near-INT, and then his totally out of the blue pseudo-hail mary that he misses Adams on.

Don't know if LaFleur was calling bad plays, Rodgers trying to hero ball into bad plays, or both.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    That Bengals O-line was possibly one of the worst I've ever seen. If they don't fix that somehow the will get trashed by the Bills or KC.

Something about those last two drives you could tell either Rodgers or LaFleur was broken by that point. The pity running on the tied game drive, Rodgers having two guys wide open in the middle of the field but reflexively tossing it to a covered Cobb for a near-INT, and then his totally out of the blue pseudo-hail mary that he misses Adams on.

Don't know if LaFleur was calling bad plays, Rodgers trying to hero ball into bad plays, or both.
    I can only assume he forgot that people had to run on snow/ice and Adams was being double teamed the whole game, surely there was a better option or at least a 5 yard dump off option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    That Bengals O-line was possibly one of the worst I've ever seen. If they don't fix that somehow the will get trashed by the Bills or KC.
    I think it'll take more than a week to fix that...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

KC D has especially been trending up, Cinci is my next team, I hope they get that together.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Bills or KC coming out of the AFC for sure.

NFC it's down to Tampa or the Rams. I know the media heads are buying into Jimmy G as the future for the 49ers but the 49ers didn't even seem competative in this game until they stopped throwing and went back to just run, run, run with a pass sprinkled in here and there. 49ers are gonna bet blown up next week by 10+ easy. They should have lost this game by 10+ had Special Teams alone not imploded, putting aside the offensive meltdown even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I think it'll take more than a week to fix that...
    Yeah, I know but they have to do something radical to stand a small chance. Burrow is a promising QB but it's a miracle he hasn't got injured today with that red carpet leading up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    KC D has especially been trending up, Cinci is my next team, I hope they get that together.
    Cinci and KC are the two teams where everyone goes "how do they stop this offense - they have so much speed and they just chuck deep balls"! Then in the playoffs they get slowed down by quarterback pressure and everyone goes "oh, right...". To me that's also why Brady has been so money in the playoffs, because he never (except 2007) relied on an overpowering deep passing game, and it's hard to get those deep balls in the playoffs against the best teams in the league.

It's Bills or KC coming out of the AFC for sure.

NFC it's down to Tampa or the Rams. I know the media heads are buying into Jimmy G as the future for the 49ers but the 49ers didn't even seem competative in this game until they stopped throwing and went back to just run, run, run with a pass sprinkled in here and there. 49ers are gonna bet blown up next week by 10+ easy. They should have lost this game by 10+ had Special Teams alone not imploded, putting aside the offensive meltdown even.
    49ers are gonna get blown out by a team they have beaten 6 straight times? Man at least save this ridiculous prediction for if the Bucs beat the Rams. The 49ers own the rams, and it would be a quasi home game for the 49ers since LA cares more about the 49ers then the Rams. Any prediction of the Rams blowing out the 49ers is hogwash and not grounded in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    it would be a quasi home game for the 49ers since LA cares more about the 49ers then the Rams..
    If this is true, that makes me sad LOL. Imagine playing for a team and your city likes another team better.

- - - Updated - - -

Cinci and KC are the two teams where everyone goes "how do they stop this offense - they have so much speed and they just chuck deep balls"! Then in the playoffs they get slowed down by quarterback pressure and everyone goes "oh, right...". To me that's also why Brady has been so money in the playoffs, because he never (except 2007) relied on an overpowering deep passing game, and it's hard to get those deep balls in the playoffs against the best teams in the league.
    Yeah KC especially was suffering mid season or so due to their reliance on deep passes, especially when Mahomes kept trying those weird "trick" plays or whatever he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    If this is true, that makes me sad LOL. Imagine playing for a team and your city likes another team better.
    An equivalent statement: "Imagine playing for the Chargers."

An equivalent statement: "Imagine playing for the Chargers."
    I really didn't want to say that. But after seeing so many of these ex? fans burning their merch in the street I figured it would be awhile before they were popular anywhere again.

10+ Year Old Account
    49ers are gonna get blown out by a team they have beaten 6 straight times? Man at least save this ridiculous prediction for if the Bucs beat the Rams. The 49ers own the rams, and it would be a quasi home game for the 49ers since LA cares more about the 49ers then the Rams. Any prediction of the Rams blowing out the 49ers is hogwash and not grounded in reality.
    If the Rams get past the Bucs, they're not the same ol' Rams at that point. They'll need to put up the same kind of effort they had to put up to beat Arizona, and no chance I'm picking against a "playing up to their potential" Rams VS a "we desperately need to hide Jimmy G" 49ers.

Same reason if the Bills make it past KC I'm picking them the rest of the way, Super Bowl included. Those two teams when they finally play to potential are Super Bowl teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with the way these playoffs are going, I'm not willing to bet on the result of a 9ers Rams game. I mean the two number 1 seeds were eliminated today.