Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Stupid as shit take. They've certainly taken some influence from XIV just like XIV takes influence from WoW but saying Shadowlands a term that's existed in Warcraft lore for almost 20 years was to copy XIV is dumb.

Now if they do with Azerothwalker yeah that would also be dumb. Or even End of Dragonwalkers to double dip on the dumb.
    For what its worth I don't subscribe to the belief myself. I've rolled my eyes at people saying that they're copying FFXIV (I saw someone make the claim regarding Ardenweald and how there's some celtic-influenced faerie zone and like...that's not exactly unique there, people...). Just thought it amusing to bring up though, what with the EoD thing.

(Also I actually am kind of into the Empire of Dragons logo thing. Still don't believe it but who knows)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wadrak View Post
    I think Torghast is not so bad.

But since its like a giant undead prison and you are exploring from floor to floor.

After few runs you kinda know what to expect.

Maybe they should add more "surprises" since in so many floors you could find anything there.

Maybe like few areas which could look like from stormwind, or burning legion, or old gods, etc etc.

Like most of the floors would be undead but just some parts of it would be surprise and different.

Or maybe enemies from SL zones, like black kyrians etc.

Since whole Maw is kind of chaotic like Maelstrom whirlpool etc ... anything can happen there.

Basically something De Other Side Dungeon.
    Honestly, I want to see them add something like Kobolds and Catacombs into WoW. There was a fake leak a few expansions ago where one of the features was Delves or something like that. Torghast mixed with Island expeditions and normal scenarios/dungeons. Start out with no armor, and a grey weapon. Delve deeper into a randomly generated dungeon. Each floor the mobs get harder, but gear drops. Get greens, blues, epics, and eventually around floor 20 or 30 legendaries with powers on them. Also short time buffs etc. Lots more enemy variety too. Could be any kind of mob in a Delve. Murlocs in a water cave area, goblins, ogres, dragons, alliance or horde themed rooms, a necromancers hideout etc. It could be amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I could see them re-using renown as kind of seasonal battlepass system. That would be super cool actually.
    I could see a battle pass, but it would have to be 3-6 months long passes. Monthly passes wouldn't work. 5 or 10 dollars every half of a tier maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Legendary system in SL don't work cause it was designed for Legion RNG system. When you can choose your legendary, you pick bis and forget about it. Chosing non-optimal covenant at least give you access to other cosmetics and content, but non optimal legos goes to waste.

Soulbind/conduits are just better artifact system. Your "relics" don't get destroyed, you don't have to farm separate tree on separate specs, hell you don't have to farm to unlock these traits all... that's problem with this system and Renown. When stuff fall from the sky on you, you don't feel rewarded at all. Whole point of these mini traits in Legion was have something to earn in max level. But 9.1 was improved compared to 9.0, at least you had to do something lasting more than 5 minutes to increase your Renown.

But world quest system is way better. Yeah, quests are longer, but you don't have to spam them. Only 1 type of emissary require wq (and only 3), there is also "do whatever" emissary, "do elite wq/dungeon", "complete 3 rares/treausures" and Torghast one. Without AP you have no reason to spam them outside calling.

Since rep is mostly for cosmetic stuff, there is no problem with profession grind. If you play regularly, you will get it in month-two with very little time investment, even before flying. If you don't play regularly... why you need maxed out profession ASAP or even at all? You should know at this point completionist game is not for impatient people, never was, never will.

As for stuff from SL that game should carry on (or with little changes), are:

- level squish, imo game should just be squished every expac
    - leveling/Chromie time
    - in general making WoW new player friendly on start (next step should be improving new player experience for fresh 60s)
    - class design, going back to more class wide skills was good idea
    - more options for 50-60 leveling (+ Chromie time should be introduced in second season for alts)
    - clean endgame path with lot of skips for alts, just compare SL to mess that was BfA on this field; also not abandoning and introducing new system every single patch (beside "proto" tier sets in 9.1 and actual tier sets in 9.2)
    - Korthia rare and gearing system
    - Great Vault (could be improved more, maybe some way to straight up buy piece of gear after you unlocked
    - PVP gearing from S2
    - M+ difficulty from S2 (but there are way too much M+ levels)
    - emissary system (but bring back whistle and picking emissary automatically)
    - lot of cosmetic stuff and rares in main continent as well, not just TI style patch zones
    - format of story progression - but we need way more story chapters; again, just like in BfA and Legion spliting story content among different choices is bad idea that leave less content for main

Things for change/remove:

- obviously, patch system, they don't have reinvent wheel, Legion is there; even some stuff we thought were mistakes (very fast 7.1) were great in big picture, end of expac drought wasn't too long anyway and pushing patch after patch early Legion was huge reputation boost
    - Torghast style content require lot of changes, but first step should be removing it from any player power stuff
    - just enable flying on X.X.5 patches for all, in SL it would be 9.0.5 for main lands, 9.1.5 Maw+Korthia, 9.2.5 Zereth Mortis.
    - meaningful choice is good, but 12 CHOICES ARE ENOUGH; I don't think game should be alt friendly to the point you can maintain all classes on same level, it should be very easy to catch up to start of season (and some more catch ups halfway through tier), and that's it; but inside your class there should be total freedom, no bullshit like punishing players for switching specs via azerite respec, conduit power or covenants in general.
    - legendaries, I think we should go back to MoP/WoD system, but 1) with more interesting questline (I would like to see combination of story chapters from campaign, quest items from dungeons, raids, some farming, some PVP); 2) unique lego for every class (of course many steps skipable on alt); I just don't see point of legendary diarrhea from Legion and SL, some cool effects could be used by raid gear.
    - no idea what to do with "borrowed power", it was managed poorly, but there are no good alternatives (..yet) that would work in long run
    - don't shy away from connecting new story to old nostalgia, Legion had way less shame than SL (with literally brining back dead popular character) and effect was way better. Arthas is so underused it's almost a crime.
    Every major patch should have a Suramar worth of content. 10-15 story chapters. .5 patches should still have 4 or 5 added as well. For a total of like 40-50 by the end of the expansion. Each chapter is 2-5 quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "As the fight against the Lich King continues" *One frame of the Lich King staring at the camera*

Says it all really
    As the fight for the universe comes to a head, soon a new chapter on Azeroth will unfold. The camera pans to modern-looking zones, but something is familiar about them. Shots get increasingly familiar, until 15-20 seconds later, World revamp appears, and shows Stormwind and Orgrimmar updated, Gadgetzan is now half the size of Tanaris, Teldrassil is healing, a few leaves are regrowing on it, jumps to Hyjal, a new night elf city, skips to Lordaeron being rebuilt, jumps to the rebuilding of Gilneas, etc. Imagine my dudes. Imagine the feeling if that happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Oh gosh this thread has moved a lot, reminds me of old hype threads when I would wake up after a couple hours of sleep and have 20+ pages to go through xD
    I had like 25 lol. Im about 9 away from getting to the end now. You know, just me time traveling as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    As the fight for the universe comes to a head, soon a new chapter on Azeroth will unfold. The camera pans to modern-looking zones, but something is familiar about them. Shots get increasingly familiar, until 15-20 seconds later, World revamp appears, and shows Stormwind and Orgrimmar updated, Gadgetzan is now half the size of Tanaris, Teldrassil is healing, a few leaves are regrowing on it, jumps to Hyjal, a new night elf city, skips to Lordaeron being rebuilt, jumps to the rebuilding of Gilneas, etc. Imagine my dudes. Imagine the feeling if that happened.
    Teldrassil is a burned out husk with most of its branches gone. If it becomes anything it should be a small eerie zone off the coast, made up of bits of the burned out trunk to climb and scattered branches nearby, full of lingering spirits and eternally clouded by a thick smoky haze. Only a handful of found item quests (pick up a singed book or half-melted blade and take it to someone back in civilization for a bit of story and some neat transmog), and then a few farmable rare cosmetics off the various mobs, maybe a smoldering undead nightsaber mount or something.

It should definitely not ever be a nice zone or actual tree ever again, totally undercutting the event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    You killed it in the first paragraph
    I agree its fake, but its very creative.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently he was pissed because of what some guy (I can’t remember the name but he was a big shot) did to Garrosh’s story so he made the Teldrassil cinematic have no room for “she isn’t evil”
    Honestly, I think he knew he was getting fired soon, or that people were onto him so he intentionally ruined her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    As for stuff from SL that game should carry on (or with little changes), are:

- PVP gearing from S2
    You know, I don't think I know a single arena player who actually likes the current gearing system. Everyone I know wants either Legion or WoD gearing. Maybe they could keep the system if they 1: shortened the grind and 2: buffed BGs, the whole point of making it so you have to use honor to upgrade stuff is so people would play BGs again, except random BGs are like the worst source of honor in the game, and you need so so so much that it's a waste of honor to spend it on upgrading honor gear rather than conquest gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Teldrassil is a burned out husk with most of its branches gone. If it becomes anything it should be a small eerie zone off the coast, made up of bits of the burned out trunk to climb and scattered branches nearby, full of lingering spirits and eternally clouded by a thick smoky haze. Only a handful of found item quests (pick up a singed book or half-melted blade and take it to someone back in civilization for a bit of story and some neat transmog), and then a few farmable rare cosmetics off the various mobs, maybe a smoldering undead nightsaber mount or something.

It should definitely not ever be a nice zone or actual tree ever again, totally undercutting the event.
    Didn't a Blizz dev say it could heal?

I'm pretty confident it will regrow in a future patch, same with rebuilding Lordaeron.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baedril View Post
    You know, I don't think I know a single arena player who actually likes the current gearing system. Everyone I know wants either Legion or WoD gearing. Maybe they could keep the system if they 1: shortened the grind and 2: buffed BGs, the whole point of making it so you have to use honor to upgrade stuff is so people would play BGs again, except random BGs are like the worst source of honor in the game, and you need so so so much that it's a waste of honor to spend it on upgrading honor gear rather than conquest gear.
    I'm not going into details like how long it take to gear up, I just talk about general design:

1) there is PVP vendor
    2) PVP items have lower item level outside PVP environement
    3) gear matters unlike Legion.

Comparing all of the logos to make it easier to figure out how fake it is
    As i said before, this logo has a total disconnect between the title and the imagery (which is all over the place, to boot). None of the others do that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how we could get a huge tree to grow in the Shadowlands, restoring Teldrassil shouldn't be a complicated task (just take longer)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As i said before, this logo has a total disconnect between the title and the imagery (which is all over the place, to boot). None of the others do that.
    I mean to play devil's advocate, the SL logo also looks disconnected until we get the context of the Expansion. The whole shattering in a bright light in the background doesn't look very shadow-y (until we learn of Sylvanas shattering the veil) and the Oribos styled frame also doesn't fit as we haven't seen Oribos architecture yet anywhere in the game.

So if EoD was real (I doubt it) it can just be that we don't have the context for the style yet. Both the forces in play in the expansion and the styles (we also don't know what Dragon Style is as so far it's been mostly borrowed from other races).
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Or alternatively, the expansion will have a heavy void/light theme to go alongside it's useage of dragons.
    Consider for instance an expansion where we go to the Dragon Isles and learn more about the Old Gods, the Void, and the eternal battle between them. Nozdormu turning into Murozond was afterall because of the Old Gods, so they would likely have to be relevant again if the Infinite Dragonflight returns.
    Wrathion might be wanting to become the Earth Warder like Deathwing used to be, and in that position he would likely be interested in how to defend against cosmic forces like the Light and Void.
    And of course there are the Void Dragons we saw in 8.3 that are still likely somewhat relevant.

It would undoubtedly be a weird disconnect to have such a heavy Void themed logo over what will likely be a whole lot of dragons, but then again it might also be exactly what Blizzard would have done with an expansion. Having something with 5 different colors to represent the five different flights would probably look weird, and something more firey might look too similar to the Cata logo.
    This logo would be entirely distinct from the rest, which is probably important to someone.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Or alternatively, the expansion will have a heavy void/light theme to go alongside it's useage of dragons.
    Consider for instance an expansion where we go to the Dragon Isles and learn more about the Old Gods, the Void, and the eternal battle between them. Nozdormu turning into Murozond was afterall because of the Old Gods, so they would likely have to be relevant again if the Infinite Dragonflight returns.
    Wrathion might be wanting to become the Earth Warder like Deathwing used to be, and in that position he would likely be interested in how to defend against cosmic forces like the Light and Void.
    And of course there are the Void Dragons we saw in 8.3 that are still likely somewhat relevant.

It would undoubtedly be a weird disconnect to have such a heavy Void themed logo over what will likely be a whole lot of dragons, but then again it might also be exactly what Blizzard would have done with an expansion. Having something with 5 different colors to represent the five different flights would probably look weird, and something more firey might look too similar to the Cata logo.
    This logo would be entirely distinct from the rest, which is probably important to someone.
    I hope not, and I truly hope if we get a Dragon expansion it's not overly diluted in a Void vs Light theme. I don't like themes which are overlapping too much (BfA was the example of that) and I'd rather have them be digged into properly during separate expansions. Although a Dragons expansion will definitely have ties to the Void, I just hope it doesn't bring in the Light as well just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I hope not, and I truly hope if we get a Dragon expansion it's not overly diluted in a Void vs Light theme. I don't like themes which are overlapping too much (BfA was the example of that) and I'd rather have them be digged into properly during separate expansions. Although a Dragons expansion will definitely have ties to the Void, I just hope it doesn't bring in the Light as well just yet.
    The problem I had with BfA wasn't so much double theming, but rather how they didn't have much at all to do with eachother by the end at all. Not the broader faction war and Old God themes, nor did the nautical theme carry over to the end at all.

It would probably be better to just have one string theme with a smaller thing being built up though, I agree. But if it's just the logo being void themed to this extent then I somehow doubt that would be much of a problem honestly.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

You now know that Dimensius is an actual void lord:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dim..._All-Devouring

Just a shard of one, though. I'm almost certain he'll be revamped into an expansion big bad at some point, probably when we go visit the Ethereal homeworld.
    Last edited by Edward Wu; 2022-01-23 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    You now know that Dimensius is an actual void lord:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dim..._All-Devouring

Just a shard of one, though. I'm almost certain he'll be revamped into an expansion big bad at some point, probably when we go visit the Ethereal homeward.
    Most definitely! And it would be perfectly fitting for a K'aresh expansion (and the long awaited playable Etherals haha)

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Most definitely! And it would be perfectly fitting for a K'aresh expansion (and the long awaited playable Etherals haha)
    Yeah, that'd be the dream. I think it's being saved for 11.0, though. Where 10.0 is dealing with the more immediate backlash of whatever the Jailer will do in the finale of 9.2, healing up Azeroth in 10.0 and involving the Dragonflights (I hope) and maybe Xal'atath as a precursor to Dimensius in 11.0. Then we follow the Ethereals back to K'aresh to fight Dimensius but The Lightbound are unconvinced and think this will be disastrous so they try to destroy us all on K'aresh or something. Queue us and Ethereals vs. Dimensius' armies vs. The Lightbound. Full space opera expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Yeah, that'd be the dream. I think it's being saved for 11.0, though. Where 10.0 is dealing with the more immediate backlash of whatever the Jailer will do in the finale of 9.2, healing up Azeroth in 10.0 and involving the Dragonflights (I hope) and maybe Xal'atath as a precursor to Dimensius in 11.0. Then we follow the Ethereals back to K'aresh to fight Dimensius but The Lightbound are unconvinced and think this will be disastrous so they try to destroy us all on K'aresh or something. Queue us and Ethereals vs. Dimensius' armies vs. The Lightbound. Full space opera expansion.
    That is what I believe/hope for as well, for 10.0 to focus on the Dragon Isles and revamping/healing the old world (so that it may be used in the future if the story requires it), giving us a fresh start/base for future expansions. It doesn't have to be done all at once of course, and I think the Void narrative will be very present if next expansion focuses on dragons, probably creating a link to a Void-themed 11.0.

Also, I remembered something about the Army of Light this morning: in its previous descriptions based on some visions of the possible future, it was mentioned some dragons were a part of it, and I think this could be relevant next expansion as perhaps some dragons would choose to align with the Light rather than remaining neutral or affiliated to their own dragonflight. This could be one of those breadcrumbs that is dropped next expansion only to be picked up 2 or 3 expansions later when the inevitable Void VS Light conflict blows up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo Void Lords are the final bosses of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Seeing how we could get a huge tree to grow in the Shadowlands, restoring Teldrassil shouldn't be a complicated task (just take longer)
    Nordrassil took a huge blow in wc3 and is doing great by now. Teldrassil is very young and could either be healed or replaced by another tree in the future. It doesn't seem that complicated to grow new world trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Nordrassil took a huge blow in wc3 and is doing great by now. Teldrassil is very young and could either be healed or replaced by another tree in the future. It doesn't seem that complicated to grow new world trees.
    True, but I think in the case of Teldrassil there is a technical aspect which makes it more complicated as its in-game representation never really lived up to its original design:

If they ever want to regrow Teldrassil, the art team will have a considerable challenge ahead of them; that is if they decide to go that way and make the new tree similar to how it was supposed to look like in its original artworks, with the elven city and buildings at the top of the tree and without having the tree being a massive vertical stump in-game.
    Or they could just do that with a loading screen and separate instances between the top and the roots of the tree, making it impossible to reach using a flying mount without going through those loading screens, adding clouds to fix the broken edges at the top of the tree (which were so ridiculous in Vanilla+Cata now that I think of it).

That's why I think they won't make Teldrassil or the Undercity come back. If any new Kaldorei capital is created, I believe it should be at the summit of Mount Hyjal, below the roots of Nordrassil. Same logic applies to the Undercity, if the Forsaken return to the city, they should rebuild upon the ruins of Lordaeron, rather than below as previously. This also fits both narratives of Night Elves claiming back their place on Kalimdor and Azeroth, and the Forsaken stepping out of the shadows.