Question 10.0 leveling cycle?

I've been thinking. What if they give us horizontal progression. Hear me out. WoW: Rebirth, after the battle with the Jailer we are sent back to Azeroth to be Reborn. FROM level 1.

On the theme of cycles we get a new way to play the game. A prestige type system where you level from 1-60 again but on a changed azeroth. You can choose to do this upto 10 times every time acquiring +1 all stats and a cosmetic upgrade of a character plate (think elite and rare elite). Every subsequent "prestige" level you increase requires more exp than the last. Culminating with a title and mount at the end. So we don't get an expansion where you get 10 levels and done but instead an on theme unrestricted system that allows people to play how they want. Also allowing for more use of the older zones and bringing people back into the WORLD of warcraft and not just the CITY SITTERS of warcraft.

Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

The last thing WoW needs is yet another alt unfriendly endless grind.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    no, no and more no. either the level cap will stay at 60 and SL will be squished to 50 or the level cap will rise to 70

What you described is perpendicular to "horizontal progression". You should look up, what that means.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethule View Post
    +1 all stats
    Please dont force me to level up TEN TIMES just so i can be optimal...
    I 3d print stuff

Eh... I'd rather just have to level from 61-70 and be done with that number, rather than leveling from 1-600 instead.

The amount of interest I have in 'more use of old zones' is absolutely microscopic, unless that old content is just totally refurbished into all new content that's actually current and relevant.

There's quite a few things in this game that need to be tweaked and changed, but honestly, I don't see leveling as one of them.

I've been thinking. What if they give us horizontal progression. Hear me out. WoW: Rebirth, after the battle with the Jailer we are sent back to Azeroth to be Reborn. FROM level 1.

On the theme of cycles we get a new way to play the game. A prestige type system where you level from 1-60 again but on a changed azeroth. You can choose to do this upto 10 times every time acquiring +1 all stats and a cosmetic upgrade of a character plate (think elite and rare elite). Every subsequent "prestige" level you increase requires more exp than the last. Culminating with a title and mount at the end. So we don't get an expansion where you get 10 levels and done but instead an on theme unrestricted system that allows people to play how they want. Also allowing for more use of the older zones and bringing people back into the WORLD of warcraft and not just the CITY SITTERS of warcraft.

Just a thought. Let me know what you think.
    Apart from not liking the Idea, that is not Horizontal Progression.

Well, with current community - its will be more like "lfg powerlvl druid only, 50+ prestige or instakik"

Well problem is that we've gotten used to all the content unlocking at max level and maybe even after grinding for weeks on max level. Josh Strife Hayes had a good video about what MMOs get wrong with leveling and I have to agree. Too many times WoW even doesn't unlock the end game systems till at the very end. And all the systems are restricted to one expansion. You'd have to redo the whole game to start from 1 and to go to 50 or 60 for this to work and pretty much ignore all that came before. And that is just too much work for the team currently. They've been struggling to give us 7 zones in 14 months plus all the pre-development. Now we are talking to completely redo Azeroth Cata-style. It's just not going to happen.

But I do think they might have an opportunity to invest in a new engine that you can import current engine assets to and rebuild the whole game as a WoW2 so to speak. It would take years to do, but at some point they have to look at what you can do with new engines gen like UE5 and copy that. Their engine is a Frankenstein's monster that has been built upon for 20 years. Marvel of engineering for sure. But at this point it has to be slowing them down a lot with stuff they just cannot do. Getting Microsoft backing probably will help with that, because they can justify the progress of next 10 years+ with a new game engine rather than struggling with this old engine that has so many problems.

This is NOT horizontal progression lol. I don't want to get to level pseudo 600 thanks. Terrible idea. 100% awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    struggling with this old engine that has so many problems.
    What problems? The problem has nothing to do with the engine and it is by far one of the best in gaming. Play in PVP in many other games with 40 vs. 40 and tell me how you went. Gameplay itself if very fluid and the engine itself has undergone many iterations of updates, complete rebuilds and overhauls by some of the best in gaming. Who do you think created UEX engine? Or UT2k? You make some fairly ignorant statements. I don't think Blizzard is the best game out there, I think the problem is in the systems introduced by the bean counters within the company and not the gamers who work there. Struggle? No. New kids may struggle with LUA but the veterans can use it while grinding Mana Tombs on an alt. The engine, the core beginnings of it is 28 years old btw.

Quote Originally Posted by zysis View Post

What problems? The problem has nothing to do with the engine and it is by far one of the best in gaming. Play in PVP in many other games with 40 vs. 40 and tell me how you went.
    Speed of development is probably the most important one. In a modern engine you can just import an asset, without having to reduce the polygon count. You can reduce draw calls dratically per player. All that stuff that makes 40v40 lag out if you don't have it. Ashes of Creation changed to UE5 and they showcased a battle with hundreds of player characters without it all lagging out, because they can reduce a character to single draw call. In BFA you just had the whole zone lag out if you had a pvp battle going on. I wouldn't call that great. And probably why we haven't seen a lot of large scale pvp in SL. And it's not like you cannot re-create the same combat mechanics in another graphical engine.

Why do you think we've seen 2 patches so far in SL and only 1 zone added since launch. Why zones are disconnected from other. They cannot work on the same scene without causing conflicts when importing everything together.

Aside from it being like 5am when I posted this in no sleep and misusing horizontal...

First, Never said end game content would be locked to theoretical 600. It would be level 60 content(which is why i said horizontal). I also said it wouldn't be required and max at (10). +10Stats isn't going to make or break anyone in endgame content so it's not forced on anyone you could simple level 1 time and be done. Second, you all probably have 300days+/played or more if you're on these forums. You're complaining about a theoretical 600lvl grind and then on the other hand hate blizz for making the game too "casual".

Atleast this idea is different. Half of you are so smooth brain you still cream over seeing Dark Ranger class in a "leak".

Yeah this isn't what horizontal progression is, mate.

Games like ESO and GW2. That's horizontal progression. It's about sidegrades into a variety of "best sets", not constantly upgrading... What you described is just a horribly slow vertical progression, like we already have.

PS: Don't insult people who disagree with your ideas constructively. Your idea isn't even "different" it's just a watered down version of paragon/champion points.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2022-01-23 at 02:15 PM.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

First, Never said end game content would be locked to theoretical 600.
    I mean, no one said that you said that. But it's... still leveling from 1-600. Or, if you want to think about it another way, it's leveling from 1-70, but getting from 60 to 61 requires more time than it took you to get from 1 to 60. Getting from 61 to 62 would require more time than that, and so on. "Well, you don't have to do it!" doesn't stop that from being the reality of your proposed system, and just thinking about it, compulsory or not, makes my skin crawl.

I also said it wouldn't be required and max at (10). +10Stats isn't going to make or break anyone in endgame content so it's not forced on anyone you could simple level 1 time and be done.
    Eh, whether or not it's required isn't really for you to decide in practice. Is it possible that players and guilds who are serious about endgame raiding will shrug their shoulders and go, "Eh, the group as a whole is missing, at worst, 200 in total of every stat, 10 for each player in a Mythic raid setting. This is fine, don't worry about it. Let's prog as if those 200 points across the board just... don't exist." Yeah, it's possible. It's also possible that players and guilds who are serious about endgame raiding and progging as smoothly as possible will feel as though they have to bite the bullet and put themselves through the circles of hell that is leveling to 600. Their group might need that extra handful of stats across the board.

It's also possible to instead just come up with a system that would not make being able to optimize your character to its greatest potential quite that much of an unholy slog. Of the three, I would probably rather the third.

you all probably have 300days+/played or more if you're on these forums. You're complaining about a theoretical 600lvl grind and then on the other hand hate blizz for making the game too "casual".
    I don't think the cold reception that your idea has gotten really has much of anything to do with the 'casual v. hardcore' dichotomy that exists. The idea of have 60 levels and then 540 noncompulsory, excruciatingly long, and advantageous, powerwise (even if it's a little bit) levels is just... not really a good one.

Atleast this idea is different. Half of you are so smooth brain you still cream over seeing Dark Ranger class in a "leak".

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy can't wait for endless grind on my alts! whata great idea! /s

They should just add the paragon system drom d3 in wow and be done with it,make it literaly imposible for any1 to ever catchup,oh and no account wide bullshit like d3,have it be character based,oh and tune raids around certain paragon levels,that will show the casuals! they dont wanna raid for the best gear??? well no raid for you period!!