Arthas was even more a victim than Sylvanas

how can anyone not feel sorry fo either, they were completely used, manipualted and controlled. and it goes all theway back to Zovaal.

Didn't Arthas lose his soul the minute he touched frostmourne?

Why does Sylvanas get saved and not ARthas?

I think that they are both genocidal psychos who should rot in Hell, one for destroying Lordaeron, the other for destroying Gilneas and Teldrassil.

I also think that they will both be white-washed and redeemed because they sell toys or some nonsense like that. Even though it doesn't make sense.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Eh, neither were used. Both jumped in fully knowing what they were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Because Blizzard's current writers do not believe in accountability or justice. "Live and let live!"

arthas was a piece of shit before he touched frostmourne.

Sylvanas was not.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

5+ Year Old Account
    1) Arthas was arrogant prince with dick personality long before he touched anything, if he stayed home and was good boy like Anduin, he would not end up like that.

2) Sylvanas were turned against her will while protecting her city and people, even in her "Evil" times she still leads these outcasts to happy ending from her perspective. P.S. queen deserves to be a antihero same way like Illidan.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Cuz arthas was a smartass and lorewise the jailer liked that in a way. He kinda thought arthas was cute and he got inspired to break away from his chains and master the domination magic to get arthas seduced, cuz jailer had/has low self esteem issues and when he found out that arthas would reject him (future visions using nzoth) he thought sylvanas would do something to convince arthas, you know like you are using your cute friend to get a number from that cute boo across the table x

No. In fact there's more evidence Arthas gave up his soul voluntarily. But I'm sure there's some erotic Spuffy fanfiction to heal your pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    how can anyone not feel sorry fo either, they were completely used, manipualted and controlled. and it goes all theway back to Zovaal.

No he wasn't.

Arthas is not a victim of bad storytelling at least. He still has the best arc out of anyone, ended in WotLK and disregard what these fanfic writers do with him afterwards.

Because it's all fucking fictional, and a bunch of people in California are writing A STORY.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel sorry for somebody like Arthas, he didn't have to do jack shit after Stratholme, he bought his ruin on his own.

Anduin was a victim, not Sylvanas nor Arthas - they may have had extenuating circumstances, I mean a fractured soul is as extenuating as it gets, but they still had free choice and they still chose - every step of the way to commit evil.

Anduin did not choose to commit evil , not once, all the evil he did was under domination and control. They are not victimless.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Anduin was a victim, not Sylvanas nor Arthas - they may have had extenuating circumstances, I mean a fractured soul is as extenuating as it gets, but they still had free choice and they still chose - every step of the way to commit evil.

Anduin did not choose to commit evil , not once, all the evil he did was under domination and control. They are not victimless.
    I said more of a victim. The decisions ARthas made were purely to help his people, he got tricked. If he had known what the sword would have caused he'd never have taken it.
    @cocomen2 Whiles Sylvie had no choice in becoming what she became, when seh became itand broke free, she was under no influence, unlike Arthas to do al lthe thigns she did.

The fact remains is during their atrocities, Arthas was not himself, while Sylvevie was. And yes A nduin is totally innocent.

I don't know if victim is the right word for either of them.

Arthas saved his people at extreme personal cost and accepted this. Even the lore has confirmed that if he hadn't done with he did humanity would of fallen entirely. It is difficult to redeem a morally sound choice even if the consequences later on are horrible.

Slyvannas... well slyvannas was just a badly written character. The real sylvannas back when the character had any value died at ice crown citadel hurling herself off the tower. After she was dead and gone an imposter took that characters place.

10+ Year Old Account
    The argument of who is a bigger victim is highly subjective. They both did bad things, and at times, some of those things could be justified from certain perspectives.

To me, what's more interesting is how Blizzard is going to address Arthas's fate. The devs have so far said 2 things about Arthas that kind of conflict with each other:

1 - We are not going to bring back Arthas in Shadowlands.

2 - 9.2 is the end of the Warcraft 3 arc.

I think the first statement was a lie, and here's why.
    - 9.2 is packed full of references to Arthas. All the major characters in 9.2 relate to him in some way. Anduin seems linked to him in his raid encounter.
    - Uther's SL intro movie shows him casting Arthas into the maw. This is a major plot point of Uther's that is not resolved.
    - The end of 9.2 implies that some characters are going to be judged finally. What better character than Arthas to be judged? This is the whole reason why Uther casting Arthas into the maw was wrong: he sought vengeance which prevented proper judgement.

Wondering what other people think about the Arthas situation. I think he's either going to be judged by the end of SL, or he will somehow reside in Anduin as a "dark passenger" going forward. Which would also be interesting, but would go against 9.2 being the end of the WC3 arc.

Gotta love how WoW became victim olympics now.

Sylvanas being stabbed by a soulretching blade defending her people is honorable.

Arthas still had his soul when he decided to commit atrocities and then still decided to merge with the helm for greater control and power.

Sylvanas is a victim, Arthas was never a victim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arthas wasn't a victim. He was making monstrous choices well before he picked up Frostmourne. After donning the helm he fought Ner'zhul for control and won. And he cut out his own heart and humanity and cast it away. You could say he was seduced by the dark side, but it didn't take much.

Sylvanas was transformed into a banshee against her will and forced to kill her own people. That trauma alone can go a long way to explain (not excuse) most of her subsequent actions, and her ultimate goal of rewriting reality to eliminate the concept of death entirely is a kind of easy justification for all manner of unforgiveable decisions.