Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Whataboutism much ?
    You opened the door for the comparison. You brought the Stasi into this... not me.

I'm talking about why I don't trust the police and you come swinging in and reminding everyone about the fucking Stasi.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    You opened the door for the comparison. You brought the Stasi into this... not me.

I'm talking about why I don't trust the police and you come swinging in and reminding everyone about the fucking Stasi.
    Yes, and how you are using the same reasoning as them which does not make you particulaly better.

Yes, and how you are using the same reasoning as them which does not make you particulaly better.
    Well, I'm not kidnapping and murdering people...so I think that does make me at least a little bit better...

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    I believe its the cops who killed Fred Hampton who did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there's any comparison to be made to the Stasi, here, it's to the police officers who assassinated a civil rights leader.

Not those condemning the hate crimes against said leader, both pre- and posthumously.

Your argument here is precisely as dishonest as the "you're the real racist for condemning racists for being violently racist" malarkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If there's any comparison to be made to the Stasi, here, it's to the police officers who assassinated a civil rights leader.

Not those condemning the hate crimes against said leader, both pre- and posthumously.

Your argument here is precisely as dishonest as the "you're the real racist for condemning racists for being violently racist" malarkey.
    Not really, he is just implying that it is the same people damaging the grave without a shred of evidence about that. But you do you.

I vote we move on from the “who might have defaced a gravestone 25 years ago” discussion, personally. Although I do agree with the point that the FBI should formally apologize for the murder.

Well, like I said to him earlier...

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, he is just implying that it is the same people damaging the grave without a shred of evidence about that. But you do you.
    Never did that. Said a few times now, very specifically that I wasn't accusing them of actually doing it.

Just said I had no reason to believe that they wouldn't.

It's the difference between "I am accusing you of doing X" and "I believe you are the type of person that would do X"

Generally speaking, I don't think people capable of assassinating a man in cold blood draw a hard-line at vandalism
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2022-01-23 at 06:17 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Generally speaking, I don't think people capable of assassinating a man in cold blood draw a hard-line at vandalism
    In the sake of fairness. The conservatives of the world seem 100% fine with violence against people. It's the destruction of things and property that makes them mad. So it might be the whole vandalism that has them doubting.
    - Lars

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    It seems like he's saying your hyperbole was bad, but that Ego's hyperbole was ok?
    More so that everyone uses it, but people here really jump the shark about it.

It's not even just him, I don't even post on Cinema/etc bc people are crazy there.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    More so that everyone uses it, but people here really jump the shark about it.
    <nod> Hyperbole is the worst thing ever.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I see what you did there

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well damn
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    I vote we move on from the “who might have defaced a gravestone 25 years ago” discussion, personally. Although I do agree with the point that the FBI should formally apologize for the murder.
    Yeah. And I have no idea why the heck Specialka mentioned Stasi. It has zero relevance there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

That was not the Stasi's modus operandi, though. They could always count on the courts to jail anyone. They never needed extrajudicial murders.

Sounds like a clearly justified shooting. The victim obviously rose his arm to shoot the cops with his box cutter...

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Sounds like a clearly justified shooting. The victim obviously rose his arm to shoot the cops with his box cutter...
    Every time this shit comes up I think back to the video of US law enforcement seeing how UK officers were able to disarm and arrest knife wielding suspects without shooting them dead and struggled to process what they were seeing because it was so foreign to them. Not because they were in the UK, but because they were struggling with the notion that a dangerous suspect armed with a knife could be detained safely without shooting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Every time this shit comes up I think back to the video of US law enforcement seeing how UK officers were able to disarm and arrest knife wielding suspects without shooting them dead and struggled to process what they were seeing because it was so foreign to them. Not because they were in the UK, but because they were struggling with the notion that a dangerous suspect armed with a knife could be detained safely without shooting them.
    I'm just going to say that when a country has 18,000 different police forces, it's hard to be surprised that the training is lacking.

I think there might be just enough for the cops not to be charged as they will be able to say they thought he was pulling a weapon etc. He was somewhat shielding his right side and quickly rose both arms and pointed at the cops in a manner that is consistent with aiming a gun.
    https://www.wsmv.com/news/deadly-off...lock_id=994460
    ^Go to 1:33 in the video.

I want to know why so many cops thought it was a good idea to be that close to each other. Seems like there were too many officers. Also why the fuck did no one deploy a non lethal round at him at any point. Could of easily been handled before the guy suicided by cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    When you factor in their budgets it’s a lot more surprising.
    I mean, how are they supposed to buy all that surplus military equipment if they spend money on training?

/s
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.