Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I know I’m coming off like tinker boy but come on we’ve made connections with less

Remember the map on an armor model that everyone said “we are going to kultiras”

Or the fact we had people guess 8.3 before 8.2 was even out based on nothing more than the 8.2 trailer.

There were posters who swore up and down awakenings was real because the logo was so intricate

- - - Updated - - -

Because they have used the title Battle for Azeroth. I expect very little creativity from blizz outside of the art team
    Battle for Azeroth is actually a great name simply because it refers to both the faction war subplot (The two factions fighting over who gets to "conquer" Azeroth) and the Azeroth-Planet subplot (We are literally fighting a battle to save Azeroth).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CopyX1982 View Post
    Used to be Ghostcrawler, remember him?
    #neverforget
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was he really? I remember him getting praise. Ion hasn't communicated much with the playerbase or kept his promise (it's more of a company promise than his own). People are less receptive to silence when the product is suffering.

This time it's Ion, Danuser and the Systems Designer.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Battle for Azeroth is actually a great name simply because it refers to both the faction war subplot (The two factions fighting over who gets to "conquer" Azeroth) and the Azeroth-Planet subplot (We are literally fighting a battle to save Azeroth).
    Empire of Dragons is actually a great name because it refers to both the Dragon subplot (the greater dragon aspect revitalizing story) and being a clever nod to the Black Empire (notice how the logo is predominantly black) harkening back to Cata and how Deathwing was a tool of the Old Gods.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Serious question, what does the Battle for Azeroth logo say about the expansion? I ask this not even so much because of Empire of Dragons, but because I'm not very fond of the Battle for Azeroth logo.

It's got silver text on a dark blue background, with maybe a little subtle gold here and there. Those aren't Azeroth colors. Azeroth would be blue and green and brown, like Earth. It's not Azerite colors, because that's an extremely bright gold and blue. It isn't really the factions either, because then we should be seeing blue and red.

It was pointed out earlier that part of the border was taken from the hilt of one of the movie swords, but unless you recognize the exact reference it's just some swoopy filigree. Knowing the expansion, I'm guessing the reinforced bits at the bottom corners are supposed to represent spiky Horde shoulderpads or something, but it's a fairly generic design. Finally, we also have spikes on the globe's border. What are those supposed to represent?

All of the other real logos are fairly straightforward, but I don't really understand this one.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-23 at 08:17 PM.

Now it’s Ion and if we get rid of him the game is saved lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Empire of Dragons

Black empire so the old gods which we have a few hints that they aren’t done via in game and chronicles (or at least the artwork)

Dragons which there’s 1,000 different ways for that to play out and considering their connection to the old gods and the black empire via both the past war and the current void flight it is almost a guarantee that the two would be connected in an expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Serious question, what does the Battle for Azeroth logo say about the expansion? I ask this not even so much because of Empire of Dragons, but because I'm not very fond of the Battle for Azeroth logo.

It's got silver text on a dark blue background, with maybe a little subtle gold here and there. Those aren't Azeroth colors. Azeroth would be blue and green and brown, like Earth. It's not Azerite colors, because that's an extremely bright gold and blue. It isn't really the factions either, because then we should be seeing blue and red.

It was pointed out earlier that part of the border was taken from the hilt of one of the movie swords, but unless you recognize the exact reference it's just some swoopy filigree. Knowing the expansion, I'm guessing the reinforced bits at the bottom corners are supposed to represent spiky Horde shoulderpads or something, but it's a fairly generic design. Finally, we also have spikes on the globe's border. What are those supposed to represent?

All of the other real logos are fairly straightforward, but I don't really understand this one.
    The whole thing reads as being built out of bits of armor and weapons. It's not just some swoopy filigree, it's specifically metallic, bronze and steel looking filigree. It's spikey points, armor studs, the ridges you get on shoulder pads, spear tips, bits that look like orcish cleavers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Was he really? I remember him getting praise. Ion hasn't communicated much with the playerbase or kept his promise (it's more of a company promise than his own). People are less receptive to silence when the product is suffering.

Hasn't been communicating lately, but tbh that isn't part of his job description. Would you rather have him spend all his working hours on twitter, forums and fansites?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    #neverforget
    The time he told players who were whining about the lfr drop rate needing buffed so they could beat stone guards that they were just bad.

Best moment ever

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post

Every unpopular class change (AKA nerf) was the reason to throw shit at GC.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

5+ Year Old Account
    “Empire of dragons” sounds like the dragons want to take over rather than the Void
    Last edited by uzira; 2022-01-23 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Hasn't been communicating lately, but tbh that isn't part of his job description. Would you rather have him spend all his working hours on twitter, forums and fansites?
    He’s actually done a ton of interviews with people you wouldn’t expect like Preach

The guy might dodge answers but when there’s something that needs announced he’s there and after a little prodding he actually gives an answer

The systems lead is just a cunt that has an attitude of “don’t question us we know what we are talking about” and the team as a whole has a stubbornness and egotistical attitude that can be seen in the post about how they agree the covenants shouldn’t be locked and should be swappable but without the lock then we wouldn’t have experienced shadowlands as much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    He’s actually done a ton of interviews with people you wouldn’t expect like Preach

The guy might dodge answers but when there’s something that needs announced he’s there and after a little prodding he actually gives an answer

The systems lead is just a cunt that has an attitude of “don’t question us we know what we are talking about” and the team as a whole has a stubbornness and egotistical attitude that can be seen in the post about how they agree the covenants shouldn’t be locked and should be swappable but without the lock then we wouldn’t have experienced shadowlands as much.
    I think about communicating people mean on social media/forums and the Q&A stuff that was often during Legion. As far as interviews go he has been keeping up his activity but most people tend to not forget who the interview was with and look at just the info
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by uzira View Post
    “Empire of dragons” sounds like the want to take over rather than the Void
    It’s all up to interpretation which I love about the title and the dragons because if it’s dragon isles we don’t know if it’s a literal empire of dragons there

We don’t know if it’s the black empire and they are using dragons as their pawns

Is he one of sexual predators from the 'Cosby Suite'?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The whole thing reads as being built out of bits of armor and weapons. It's not just some swoopy filigree, it's specifically metallic, bronze and steel looking filigree. It's spikey points, armor studs, the ridges you get on shoulder pads, spear tips, bits that look like orcish cleavers.
    Yeah, I mean, it fulfills a theme, but it's not as straightforward as every other expansion.

BC had fel green for the Legion's Crusade.
    Wrath was blue and iced over, for Northrend.
    Cataclysm was, as recently covered, fiery and cataclysmic.
    Mists of Pandaria was jade green and text on an ancient scroll for the China-inspired theme.
    Warlords of Draenor was Horde colors and big, heavy reinforcements for the Iron Horde.
    Legion was backlit fel green for the Legion again.

Shadowlands is kinda weird because it's sort of backlit white, which doesn't really match any obvious design motif I can think of from the expansion, but I guess it's at least sort of ghostly. However, as you mentioned earlier, the border is super elaborate and blatantly has the Maw spires and skulls, so it's straightforward in a different way than the past, but it's still ultimately blatant.

Battle for Azeroth's color scheme isn't Azeroth's colors, it isn't the color of Azerite, it isn't Kul Tiras green or Zandalar gold, it isn't the colors of the Horde and Alliance, it's not a naga color scheme, and it's certainly not a Ny'alotha theme. I guess it could be argued to sort of be an Alliance theme on its own (though usually the Alliance's colors are much brighter), but that's still very tangential compared to the other expansions. The border might still have a theme, but unlike Shadowlands it's significantly more subtle. The default border is already a metallic gold/bronze with spikes and sharp bits. Battle for Azeroth is more a slight upgrade than a "oh, those colors and motifs are unmistakably the X expansion" like Shadowlands or even Warlords of Draenor.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-23 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm referring to what caused the lawsuit scandal and now why the banshee did a change and well responsible for Teldrassil burning. But really the focus on Danuser and Ion really. People care more about the raging that is true.

Is he one of sexual predators from the 'Cosby Suite'?
    A maybe due to he sorta tried to act like he's ashamed and such and such.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I think about communicating people mean on social media/forums and the Q&A stuff that was often during Legion. As far as interviews go he has been keeping up his activity but most people tend to not forget who the interview was with and look at just the info
    Watercoolers and all that
    Then we got the line “we will do better at communicating” every test cycle

Idk I’m ok with how Ion is doing right now where he gives the announcement and doesn’t really do much else because as we have seen recently devs on social media and blues in the forums say very controversial things and get caught treating players badly….though Ion also stopped playing WoW according to his armory. It could also be that he’s going to be booted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Playerbase always needs a boogie man to blame for everything. It can never be that a team of people make the decisions collaboratively. That would be crazy talk.
    I mean, that comes with the territory when you sign up for a leadership position. You're ultimately responsible for your teams and what they produce.

This is very different then when people bash Golden because they think she's to blame for the story's direction, even though she has no control over it. These guys are actually in charge of the game's direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean I guess I can see the shoulder pad stuff
    The logo is also sitting on what appears to be an ocean
    And unless I’m having a stroke there’s a teeny tiny bit of purple in the top left corner near the W in Warcraft that isn’t on the other side
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2022-01-23 at 08:49 PM.