10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    You can’t force things on people and expect it to work.
    Uhh, yeah, you can. And we do. All the time.

The biggest issue in the USA is half-assing these policies, not implementing them. That's why vaccine mandates and lockdowns have been much more effective basically everywhere outside the USA, and have led to vastly lower fatality rates overall throughout this pandemic.

It's very much a "you" problem, not a problem with the idea of mask/vaccine mandates in and of themselves.

i never got why trump went from ultra anti-vaccine and anti science "work of the devil", to saying you should be vaccinated.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    i never got why trump went from ultra anti-vaccine and anti science "work of the devil", to saying you should be vaccinated.
    Oh, that's easy.

One, he had a colossal embarrassing measles outbreak on his watch.

Two, after trivializing the vaccine for months and watching it ruin everything he took credit for, the only way to pretend he wasn't a fat fucking failure was to push the vaccine hard so that people would take it and go back to work.

You're right, conspiracy theorist Trump was an anti-vaxxer through 2016 easy. Can you imagine someone who voted for him in 2016, watching the anti-vaxxers ruin the country and then dying, and saying "man, I voted for him"? That would be so emasculating, to know they were part and parcel of that. They could have said "I don't want someone running the country who doesn't believe in high-school levels of science" but no, they backed Trump and now they have to live with hundreds of thousands of preventable American deaths they helped kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Hunter Biden is still somehow hot news in conservative circles, I wouldn't be shocked if there is a Hunter Biden committee once the GOP takes the house.
    Devin Nunes was whining about it on Fox News, saying there would be a 300 person investigation into it. They had the so called laptop during Trump's tenure with Barr and that, and still didn't manage to find anything illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Looks at the mound of policy DeSantis has pushed that is both anti vaxx and covid misinformation

“But he doesn’t SAY he’s racist so he can’t be a racist” smug face
    Don't forget, also pushing so called miracle drugs that don't work on Omicron now. Especially since he owns stock in said company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Don't forget, also pushing so called miracle drugs that don't work on Omicron now. Especially since he owns stock in said company.
    That last part wasn't actually true.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That last part wasn't actually true.
    Rather, one of his biggest donors has investments in one of the drug manufacturers.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Rather, one of his biggest donors has investments in one of the drug manufacturers.
    It was a relatively small investment, comparatively, though.

There's plenty of other negative things about DeSantis to focus on.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, that's easy.

One, he had a colossal embarrassing measles outbreak on his watch.

Two, after trivializing the vaccine for months and watching it ruin everything he took credit for, the only way to pretend he wasn't a fat fucking failure was to push the vaccine hard so that people would take it and go back to work.

You're right, conspiracy theorist Trump was an anti-vaxxer through 2016 easy. Can you imagine someone who voted for him in 2016, watching the anti-vaxxers ruin the country and then dying, and saying "man, I voted for him"? That would be so emasculating, to know they were part and parcel of that. They could have said "I don't want someone running the country who doesn't believe in high-school levels of science" but no, they backed Trump and now they have to live with hundreds of thousands of preventable American deaths they helped kill.
    Don's opponent was for the vaccine, so by default, it has to be evil, bad, no good, horrible, wretched, icky, and liberal. Don HAS to be against it by default, while also taking credit for the vaccine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

You can’t force things on people and expect it to work. That’s not the way to go about healthcare initiatives or most anything else in general. That he says ‘ok we’re not going to take that approach then’ does not mean he’s against vaccines, that’s silly.
    Let me know how that works next time you try to do.... well anything....

Try to do a single major activity and try to tell me you are not "forced" to do things and those "things" work.

Oh, want to go to the bar and have chicken wings, do you?
    Well, you get into your car, you know the car for which you are forced to have a license, forced to have insurance, forced to put a seat belt on, forced to drive the speed limit, forced to follow traffic laws, etc etc
    You get to bar and have drinks and wings! Forced to pay taxes on those wings, forced to pay for the wings....i think you get the point? Don't drive home under the influence because you will be forced to go to jail.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Don's opponent was for the vaccine, so by default, it has to be evil, bad, no good, horrible, wretched, icky, and liberal. Don HAS to be against it by default, while also taking credit for the vaccine.
    Again, what keeps getting me is...he wasn't. Once he left office and got bood he started being agaist mandates, and yes he pushed things from hydroxymoron to huffing bleach, but he has remained clear the vaccine "he made" is good and bigly and yuge and works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    He never did. Trump was pro-vaccine, pushing to get it out to the public. Then he lied his ass off to anyone gullible enough to believe him about anything, while still making sure he was vaccinated to the gills every step of the way.

He never changed his actual position. He's always been a liar and a con artist.

*Looks at vaccine mandates for children going to school* Well you're fuckin' wrong there.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    So, apparently Barr has spoken to the Jan 6th panel.

Of all the people in Trump's WH that Trump wanted on board, Pence was first, Barr was second.

If you'll remember Dec 1, 2020 when

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Uh oh. Barr has been summoned to the White House.
    Barr refused to say there was widespread election fraud.

To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election
    Then two weeks later, this happened:

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Bill Barr just resigned as Attorney General effective December 23.
    Barr stuck up for Trump for almost all the illegal shit Trump did, but this was apparently one step further than he was willing to go. Admittedly I'm going by memory here, but I don't remember Barr's name coming up much, which tells me he wasn't subpoena'd and didn't take the Fifth. As a lawyer, one would assume a decent one, I'm sure he knows what to say to make sure he doesn't get swallowed up by a crime he was never part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    He never did. Trump was pro-vaccine, pushing to get it out to the public. Then he lied his ass off to anyone gullible enough to believe him about anything, while still making sure he was vaccinated to the gills every step of the way.

He never changed his actual position. He's always been a liar and a con artist.
    If I recall, before he was elected he was, if not fully anti-vaccine, then at least a vaccine skeptic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt Gingrich
    You dare investigate our sedition??? We'll throw all you Democrats in jail when our next coup succeeds!!!
    Seriously, I'm just barely paraphrasing here.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Imprison those who dare speak the truth against our insurrection. Full speed ahead towards fascism...
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Did Gingrich say which laws were being broken? Because if the Jan 6th panel is breaking laws, I think we should know about that.

I read your link, I didn't see him say anything, but surely there can't be a country as litigious as the US and yet Newt Gingrich is the only person who discovered which laws the Jan 6th panel broke. So perhaps someone else found the law that was broken? I mean, he can't just be threatening to put people in jail without any crime being committed, is he?

I'd call upon Newt's followers to answer, like I call upon Trump's followers....but I don't think he has any.

- - - Updated - - -

Giuliani is selling autographed 9/11 T-shirts for $911.

Hey, I get it. If it was 3th and 25, I'd throw a Hail Mary, too.

Giuliani is selling autographed 9/11 T-shirts for $911.

Hey, I get it. If it was 3th and 25, I'd throw a Hail Mary, too.
    Watching his absolute implosion and subsequent excavation to see how low one can humanly go has been impressive and awe inspiring. Truly, there are no depths this man don't have the ambition and the determination to reach.

Is this what Real American Patriots(TM) do? Or does he not count because he's from New York City? Where nobody else of note is from. Nobody else at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Watching his absolute implosion and subsequent excavation to see how low one can humanly go has been impressive and awe inspiring.
    Oh, I am pretty sure you haven't seen him implode yet. This is just him desperate for cash. As a reminder, he's facing at least three legal issues, each of which could be "fatal" by itself.

1) Dominion. Last I heard, August, the Dominion lawsuit was still going forwards.

2) Far more recently, a pair of Georgia election officials sued Giuliani for saying false things that led to threats on their lives.

3) And of course, he was subpoena'd by the panel and is hiding under the 5th because "I did nothing wrong" won't work.

As we've talked about a lot, what becomes public in any of these legal actions can be used in any of the others. Also, if discovery in any of these legal cases finds evidence of a crime, Giuliani's in even worse shape.

Dominion has a solid case, the poll workers are hopefully going to get carried along in Dominion's wake. Neither of them need to search through Giuliani's texts or emails, either, what he said was out there in the open. However, if anything Giuliani said is unearthed to, I dunno, prove he was part of a murderous insurrection, that immediately points towards malice aforehead. Aforethought, sorry. I don't know how big a legal difference there is between "random off-the-cuff comment taken out of context by accident" and "intentional falsehoods meant to cause violent crimes" but I do know we have manslaughter and murder, so I'd assume there's a difference here. Possibly measured in zeroes on the damages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Tucker is an ent--
    Oh hey, GJ, I didn't see you there. You weren't hiding, were you?

Remember when on Jan 12th I posted

I think we, as a community, need to band together to discuss what was "bore out" with regard to election fraud. I think that, whenever any Trump supporter or "I'm not a Trump supporter, but isn't he the best and doesn't his dick taste like cotton candy?" poster posts literally anything, they should instead be asked about what Trump said in this interview. Because nothing a Trump supporter has to say, right now, is more important than "I agree/disagree that we have found proof of election fraud".

It's been a year. He's still saying the election was stolen. And he's saying there's proof. Trump supporters, cite this evidence. Any of you. All of y'all. Nothing you have to say has any merit if you cannot address this direct, specific issue. This cannot be handwaved.

The things that have found out have more than bore out what people thought and what people felt and what people found
    Any Trump supporter, any thread, any topic. They answer this first. If there is objective proof, give them every chance to present it. If they disagree, give them every chance to disagree. These are both valid options. But they must now answer this, before anything else they have to say can be entertained. Because nothing is more important than "I have proof the election was stolen".
    It has been nearly two weeks and I don't seem to see your answer on the forums. Surely you, a known avid Trump supporter, are willing to take a shot at this? What did Trump mean by "The things that have found out have more than bore out what people thought and what people felt and what people found"? Surely if youi want to be taken seriously when you say things like "Carlson was being sarcastic, he wasn't really upset at the M&M thing" you'd be willing to prove you should be taken seriously? Nobody else has answered, but surely you will.

I would love to hear what you, a known avid Trump supporter, say "the things that have found" are.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2022-01-24 at 08:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Polio and Measles say hi.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.