Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are they now treating guilds like businesses? Acquisition really? Seems something of value was merge but it's just some guild members moving to some other guild... Esports are the worst!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They're gonna try to force a world first scene on to XIV when XIV doesn't want that shit. It's gonna flop so fucking hard.
    Have to agree with you. XIV players won't even bother since it's a pretty chill game.

Esports is lame it's surprising they're still trying. Hell an organizer tried to make Pay Per View of tournaments and it flopped hard. They had to buy spectators.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're gonna try to force a world first scene on to XIV when XIV doesn't want that shit. It's gonna flop so fucking hard.
    They already got World First things in XIV but no one really cares about it... just a few guilds and the only price they get is the Naoki Yoshida Congratulating them!

DEI? Seriously? More like DoA LOL.

I hope Liquid actually creates a single studio stream for the RWF instead of every one streaming and other guilds follow so we can have an actual organized RWF with production quality and content.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Are they now treating guilds like businesses? Acquisition really? Seems something of value was merge but it's just some guild members moving to some other guild... Esports are the worst!
    Christ, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Limit is seen as an asset for Liquid and especially RWF and Max’s stream. So yes, it is a business acquisition.

................so guilds are merging............acquisition? .... Why is that nomenclature even being utilized here? This is so silly. Does anybody actually really care in any way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    That somehow makes Max behavior better? Two wrongs dont make a right?
    I did not state his behavior was better.
    People admire all those World First players, but Blizzard should be more consistent in their rules and we as a community shouldn't promote/give attention to those individuals in the first place.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    limit was #1 in caslte nathria and nyalotha
    Echo was #1 in sanctum of domination

Yeah that is how math works, multiple people can be #1.

you like literally never heard of a tie?
    That's not how it works, try again.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Yup. Heroic/mythic world first raiding became a big deal in WoW because hardcore raiders from Elitist Jerks became WoW devs and hijacked the direction of the game. Meanwhile, FFXIV's dev leadership has not been compromised by hardcore raiders. It's still led by the same people since ARR who have their heads screwed on.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    ................so guilds are merging............acquisition? .... Why is that nomenclature even being utilized here? This is so silly. Does anybody actually really care in any way?
    There is a drought of news. This is a website that makes money off of clicks. Blizzard has spent over a decade reshaping the community's perception of what is "important" by trying their damndest to push esports. Naturally an esports acquisition is going to make the front page.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ion joined Blizzard just before Wrath of the Lich King launched. Pretty sure world first raiding was already a thing in vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    liquid is not a guild they are an Esports orginization. they bought and now own limit.

but i guess who carss about for example the microsoft activision buyout, just some guilds merging...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think "Liquid" is impressive for a team name. Go ahead and call yourselves that, but I'll be sticking with "Limit" whenever referring to the WoW stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Ion joined Blizzard just before Wrath of the Lich King launched. Pretty sure world first raiding was already a thing in vanilla.
    Raiding yes, but this over-the-top giving a shit about whos first started after that. One of the Limit guys said on stream once that Blizzard contacts RWF guilds weeks before a patch so they can arrange time-off work and things.. but sure let's pretend Blizzard is not biased.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Raiding yes, but this over-the-top giving a shit about whos first started after that. One of the Limit guys said on stream once that Blizzard contacts RWF guilds weeks before a patch so they can arrange time-off work and things.. but sure let's pretend Blizzard is not biased.
    Who's pretending Blizzard isn't biased? I merely said that world first raiding has been a thing since vanilla. I very much remember the likes of Nihilum, Death and Taxes etc racing for world firsts, and it was as hyped back then as it is now, if not more so as the scene was new and the player base was larger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Who's pretending Blizzard isn't biased? I merely said that world first raiding has been a thing since vanilla. I very much remember the likes of Nihilum, Death and Taxes etc racing for world firsts, and it was as hyped back then as it is now, if not more so as the scene was new and the player base was larger.
    Yep my bad, was reading other replies as well and it all muddled together in my brain
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Decent announcement and I wish Liquid all the best for further raid races and continued success for the future. Hopefully a stable merger and becoming Liquid keeps them raiding around the top level for many years to come. The only issue I have at company level is when they release statements which isn't true, so in Liquids statement they say "Limit Guild is comprised of absolute legends and are the world’s #1 raiding World of Warcraft guild." I mean that is not true I think this time around its Echo. That statement could be true on the next raid race but for now its a false statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Team Liquid's got an allright Dota 2 team and I think they're big into poker. Didn't realize they also did MMOs though, good for them.
    I think the whole MMO thing is a new venture them. It's good to see their Dota team doing well again since the TI7 roster left to form Nigma, even if I'll always be an OG fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Just saying this is tangential wow-news at best, if they're gonna report on all wow-related esports team organizing news the frontpage will clog up fast.
    This isn't some unknown sponsor for a fringe MDI team - this is one of the biggest esports companies in the world backing one of the most popular & successful guilds of modern times. I know a lot of people like to post "WHO?!? WHAT?!? WHY SHOULD I CARE?!?*" for some reason, but it is news all the same.

(*PS, you don't need to care Do what you want. If I posted in every news post that didn't affect me I'd have been banned for spamming "idc /10chars" long ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Thraps View Post
    Decent announcement and I wish Liquid all the best for further raid races and continued success for the future. Hopefully a stable merger and becoming Liquid keeps them raiding around the top level for many years to come. The only issue I have at company level is when they release statements which isn't true, so in Liquids statement they say "Limit Guild is comprised of absolute legends and are the world’s #1 raiding World of Warcraft guild." I mean that is not true I think this time around its Echo. That statement could be true on the next raid race but for now its a false statement.
    even method has far more claim to that title, even today. Echo being 2nd. Limit? Top 5 guild to be really honest with you.