Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I mean couldn't it be per character zone updates including stuff like terrain and skyboxes. Like as you clear out and fight back against X thing in a zone it changes to reflect what's happening. Think like how Shadowbringers handled Eternal Light but on a scale that's not just the skybox. I still think LivingWorld could just straight up be the big ticket feature. I think a good example of a test is the way Assaults in the Maw are handled. When they're happening the zone can dynamically change to reflect what's happening. It's not just mob spawns but also where things are laid out including objects and decorations as it is now so if they expanded that even further could be a "Living World" kind of thing.

And I don't mean phasing. I basically mean phasing 2.0 though.
    That's not even half of what phasing can already do since Cata. Wouldn't make much sense to sell as the big ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Surprised this one wasn't posted yet. They say it's from some discord group.

The elements of that logo are as follows;

Title: Dragons (Obviously)
    Background: Void/Old Gods
    Border and Letters: Titans

The "Titan" border even surrounds the background like a prison, and the world (Azeroth) is corrupted and breaking.

My guess would be we're pretty much picking up where BFA left off, and we're probably looking at a corrupted dragonflight of some type. Possibly the Voidwings. I could see Wrathion either being a protagonist or an antagonist, and I definitely see a return of N'Zoth or Xal'natath(sp?). I have no idea what level Titan stuff is going to come into play, but if that logo is real, its going to be significant.

1+ Year Old Account
    I am hype for this week as well. However, I am worried that a lot of people are jumping to the assumption that we are going to get WoW specific news. Mike Ybarra represents Blizzard, not WoW (singular/by itself). Furthermore, if we do get WoW related news, I imagine it’ll be 9.2 only.

It’s true, we’ve had new expansion announcements before the final patch/raid tier. However, I can’t think of any scenario where announcing 10.0 won’t spoil the ending on 9.2. All in all, excited for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

The "Titan" border even surrounds the background like a prison, and the world (Azeroth) is corrupted and breaking.

My guess would be we're pretty much picking up where BFA left off, and we're probably looking at a corrupted dragonflight of some type. Possibly the Voidwings. I could see Wrathion either being a protagonist or an antagonist, and I definitely see a return of N'Zoth or Xal'natath(sp?). I have no idea what level Titan stuff is going to come into play, but if that logo is real, its going to be significant.

Pretty easy

1. Shadowlands time flows differently than Azeroth
    2. We beat Jailer but he damaged Azeroth too much making her born before time and weak
    3. Time passed as time pass but during these 5 years that we perceived as 1 in Shadowlands, Nzoth and Black Empire forces attack while we were away

We come back and Azeroth is half conquered by Nzoth forces and we are looking for a titan facility in the Dragon Isle where wrathion is going mad like his father but the current black brood is asking us to help him Yadda Yadda other dragon broods are allying with use etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I am hype for this week as well. However, I am worried that a lot of people are jumping to the assumption that we are going to get WoW specific news. Mike Ybarra represents Blizzard, not WoW (singular/by itself). Furthermore, if we do get WoW related news, I imagine it’ll be 9.2 only.

It’s true, we’ve had new expansion announcements before the final patch/raid tier. However, I can’t think of any scenario where announcing 10.0 won’t spoil the ending on 9.2. All in all, excited for anything!
    Expect always the worse.

Especially with Blizzard 2.0

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Exactly. Plus, Old Gods were a part of the game at least since Vanilla, so people knew what to expect. If they teased the Eternal Ones way before Shadowlands, it could have worked as well. They didn't, they failed. Let's just hope they've learned their lessons.

By the way, I'm laughing so hard if Dragon Isles isn't the location for the next expansion and it's something completely different yet somehow related to Dragons. They perverted the South Seas expansions with the Battle for Azeroth theme, so let's just wait and see what's their twist for the Dragon stuff.
    Dragon Isles: Look for information regarding these islands and with the help of the dragonflights venture in AU Draenor to the ancient Ogre continent where you find hints that Farahlon is the Dragon Isles, but in the end we figure out that the Dragon Isles are the friends we made along the way.

People were also like 80% going toward DI last leak season. (With revampe as aftermath of azerite). Tbh how many World Changing events have happen since Cata that would make sense for a revamp. Imo Legion Invasion and BfA (and probably end of SL).

Tho now that they have a couple reasons to revamp the zones means they have different stories to tell in zones where they can't come up with their won. For example some of the zones where Legion invaded could have the aftermaths of that and still som demons sliding by, or going in league with unaligned warlocks
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Pretty easy

1. Shadowlands time flows differently than Azeroth
    2. We beat Jailer but he damaged Azeroth too much making her born before time and weak
    3. Time passed as time pass but during these 5 years that we perceived as 1 in Shadowlands, Nzoth and Black Empire forces attack while we were away

We come back and Azeroth is half conquered by Nzoth forces and we are looking for a titan facility in the Dragon Isle where wrathion is going mad like his father but the current black brood is asking us to help him Yadda Yadda other dragon broods are allying with use etc
    That's definitely a possibility. I don't think it's black dragons though, I think it's the Voidwings. Definitely Old God based stuff though, because I'm thinking Blizzard wants to make up for 8.3. If we have titan stuff in the border and lettering though, titan stuff is going to have a big role. Bigger than us just looking for, and finding a new titan facility.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post

Expect always the worse.

Especially with Blizzard 2.0
    At this point its more like Blizz 2.5 (until the sale goes through)

If we have titan stuff in the border and lettering though, titan stuff is going to have a big role. Bigger than us just looking for, and finding a new titan facility.
    What makes you think it's Titanish?

That's definitely a possibility. I don't think it's black dragons though, I think it's the Voidwings. Definitely Old God based stuff though, because I'm thinking Blizzard wants to make up for 8.3. If we have titan stuff in the border and lettering though, titan stuff is going to have a big role. Bigger than us just finding a new titan facility.
    No I mean, in these years Wrathion found out other black dragons and repopulate the brood but then felt like his father to old god whispers etc

So the current black brood queen ask our help or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Surprised this one wasn't posted yet. They say it's from some discord group.

I've missed this in the last days and just saw it now, this looks pretty epic to be honest. I like the name as well, but it's EoD which is the same abbreviation for Guild Wars 2 next expansion "End of Dragons". After Shadowlands - Shadowbringers I doubt Blizzard would do something so similar. Nevertheless, the logo is excellent.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What makes you think it's Titanish?
    Its metallic nature, and its accents (especially surrounding the expansion title, below the "C" and on either side next to the "W" and "D"), which strike me as something crafted, and slightly tech. However, not industrial tech, but more streamlined. At first I thought Naaru, but the more I thought of it, the more it struck me as Titan. It also heavily relates to the other elements of the logo (Void and Dragons) whereas Naaru doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

I've missed this in the last days and just saw it now, this looks pretty epic to be honest. I like the name as well, but it's EoD which is the same abbreviation for Guild Wars 2 next expansion "End of Dragons". After Shadowlands - Shadowbringers I doubt Blizzard would do something so similar. Nevertheless, the logo is excellent.
    Yes, very well done logo. I wouldn't be surprised if this is it, simply because no one was considering any of these themes in those "leaks", and frankly I don't recall a fake logo ever looking this good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did they suffer in any way with that name tho? I'm honestly asking since if they didn't then makes no sense why it wouldn't happen again. It isn't a naming they make to confuse people but I think they don't look too much at names of other MMO content patches

- - - Updated - - -

Its metallic nature, and its accents (especially surrounding the expansion title, below the "C" and on either side next to the "W" and "D"), which strike me as something crafted, and slightly tech. However, not industrial tech, but more streamlined. At first I thought Naaru, but the more I thought of it, the more it struck me as Titan. It also heavily relates to the other elements of the logo (Void and Dragons) whereas Naaru doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, very well done logo. I wouldn't be surprised if this is it, simply because no one was considering any of these themes in those "leaks", and frankly I don't recall a fake logo ever looking this good.
    Huh? Void vs Light has been a guessed theme for some time, as well as dragons and titans (since dragons need the titan pillars for new aspects). Void vs Light got even more traction with the race page updates.
    Also seeing how they redesigned the race pages give me hope for the rest of the heritage soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    Hot take: I loved BfA's Azerite grind because it always gave me some incremental boost to look forward to in-between the more traditional methods of acquiring power.

Why is why I personally prefer the method of mixing a dragon-focused expansion with a void-focused one. Start the expansion off with some basic enemies on the Dragon Isles, quickly move onto Infinite Dragonflight, then onto Twilight's Hammer resurgence with Xal'atath or something, then have the Lightbound drop in at the last patch as void portals open and we fight a 3-way with our newly rejuvenated dragon allies against The Lightbound and Void Lord armies. Start grounded and then progressively ramp up the craziness.

However, I'd be perfectly fine with a grounded expansion all the way through.
    Or better: defeat the Void threat on the last patch, just before Yrel's Army of Light appears and we realize we're pretty much the only force that could oppose her.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Did they suffer in any way with that name tho? I'm honestly asking since if they didn't then makes no sense why it wouldn't happen again. It isn't a naming they make to confuse people but I think they don't look too much at names of other MMO content patches
    No idea if they suffer by this, it would just be very weird to have them do this again - the similarity would just be way too obvious with End of Dragons.

By the way, Shadowbringers and End of Dragons are expansion names, not patch names.

10+ Year Old Account

Think you forgot the 2 night elf bows that make up the border

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Huh? Void vs Light has been a guessed theme for some time, as well as dragons and titans (since dragons need the titan pillars for new aspects). Void vs Light got even more traction with the race page updates.
    Also seeing how they redesigned the race pages give me hope for the rest of the heritage soon.
    It has, but it doesn't match the title of the expansion, which is dragon-based. Naaru have nothing to do with dragons, and the "Void" in of itself are not a direct threat against a weakened Azeroth, the Old Gods are. Titans match up with both, because they're highly interrelated with both.

I do think this expansion will lead into a Light vs Void expansion though. More than likely Yrel's Lightbound invading Azeroth.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Was about to say that.

The logo is well made, it's actually unique. I hope it turns out true, because we would have the real deal right under our nose the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those don't strike me as bows, it looks like the typical arch you see in every logo. I can see why some people may think they're bows, but I don't buy it. Night Elves aren't central enough to command the border on that level, and don't relate to the Old Gods or Dragons on that level either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those don't strike me as bows, it looks like the typical arch you see in every logo. I can see why some people may think they're bows, but I don't buy it. Night Elves aren't central enough to command the border on that level, and don't relate to the Old Gods or Dragons on that level either.
    I don't mean to come across as crass, but you're being intentionally obtuse. They're quite clearly Night Elvish bows, they eve strike a chord by reminding you of the Warcraft 3 NE bows. Additionally the mini arrows just lend further weight to them being bows. Not to mention the purple/wood brownish color setup

I don't mean to come across as crass, but you're being intentionally obtuse. They're quite clearly Night Elvish bows, they eve strike a chord by reminding you of the Warcraft 3 NE bows. Additionally the mini arrows just lend further weight to them being bows. Not to mention the purple/wood brownish color setup
    I agree here, these are clearly reminiscent of Elven bows. It might refer to Alleria, Vereesa and Tyrande, heck maybe even Sylvanas. It just fits very well with the theme of Void (Alleria) and Tyrande being an important character again makes sense, too.