Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    even method has far more claim to that title, even today. Echo being 2nd. Limit? Top 5 guild to be really honest with you.
    If you're being pedantic like that, then Echo is absolutely #1 since they basically ARE old Method as 90% of the people simply moved over. The GUILD NAME didn't do anything, the PEOPLE did - and those people are now called Echo.

10+ Year Old Account
    #Who?

no really. Who?

I Mean I know who Limit is, but what is this Team Liquid? Sounds like the Gen 9 Pokemon Bad guys

- - - Updated - - -

ooh what if Team Liquid is a hint at the return to Unova Region?

Plasma and Liquid are a state of matter after all.... maybe there's a Team Solid and Team Gaseous too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    #Who?

no really. Who?

I Mean I know who Limit is, but what is this Team Liquid? Sounds like the Gen 9 Pokemon Bad guys

- - - Updated - - -

ooh what if Team Liquid is a hint at the return to Unova Region?

Plasma and Liquid are a state of matter after all.... maybe there's a Team Solid and Team Gaseous too?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Liquid

tl;dr: A major esports organisation.

The situation is fluid right now, I sure hope they don't freeze up during the race to world first.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Limit Max, the same lying cheater who pretended to do the FFXIV Savage fights "blind", while he clearly wasn't?

Who gives a shit lol, it's like 3 year old content, the world first took less than 24 hours for the last tier

This isn't news. People who care about this stuff should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    If you're being pedantic like that, then Echo is absolutely #1 since they basically ARE old Method as 90% of the people simply moved over. The GUILD NAME didn't do anything, the PEOPLE did - and those people are now called Echo.
    I know. And my whole point is that limit doesn't deserve that title, at all. They are among the best in the world, i'll give them that credit but the way its portrayed just annoys me a little bit to be honest.
    If anything, you go by the current/last tier, which would be echo. If you want to expand that further? Limit will only get further behind and won't even be top 2...

They are among the best in the world, i'll give them that credit but the way its portrayed just annoys me a little bit to be honest.
    It's just PR talk. I don't really hold that against anyone, because no one pushes ANY kind of product or service going "we're really good, like, we're at least the 2nd best at this!".

To leverage criticism at that is a bit petty, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's just PR talk. I don't really hold that against anyone, because no one pushes ANY kind of product or service going "we're really good, like, we're at least the 2nd best at this!".

To leverage criticism at that is a bit petty, imo.
    Stuff isn't so black and white, they could just have said "Among best in the world" not "The best in the world". Still the same result without blatantly lying about it. but each to their own i guess

Stuff isn't so black and white, they could just have said "Among best in the world" not "The best in the world". Still the same result without blatantly lying about it. but each to their own i guess
    Yeah that's not how PR works, though. "Blatant lying" is the name of the game there. You may disagree with it, but to actually point it out as a criticism is still what I said - a bit petty.

I bet you also walk up to restaurants going "actually, this ISN'T the 'world's best fried chicken', you're just blatantly lying!".

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about these teams but good for them, they deserve better.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Ion joined Blizzard just before Wrath of the Lich King launched. Pretty sure world first raiding was already a thing in vanilla.
    It was admittedly a lot slower, then. When bosses were bugged or tuned to the point of being mathematically impossible so we had weeks in between one boss kill and the next.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Are they now treating guilds like businesses? Acquisition really? Seems something of value was merge but it's just some guild members moving to some other guild... Esports are the worst!
    The global gaming market was valued to be around 170 billion US$ in 2020.
    Predictions say it will reach more than 300 billion in 2026.
    Twitch, and other streaming platforms, also record huge growth because of online gaming.
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/globa...l?guccounter=1

With such volume and growth there is also space to make money of introducing various competitive elements in a wide variety of games.
    The good thing about today's media-market is that you can pick and choose to watch exactly what suits your interests.
    If you don't like to watch people that play a game competitively then go watch someone who doesn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It was admittedly a lot slower, then. When bosses were bugged or tuned to the point of being mathematically impossible so we had weeks in between one boss kill and the next.
    Oh yeah, for sure. Even with bosses that weren't bugged or mathematically impossible, it still took longer to progress and kill the final boss of each tier, as far as my memory serves me at least.

I assume one of the problems nowadays is that MMO gamers evolved to be able to deal with the challenges put in front of them better (along with factors like better addons, and so on) so companies trying to make boss fights that are going to take longer than a few days to beat, is nigh impossible.

MMO-C residents being MMO-C residents -"who cares" "muh old days ruined" takes... yeah, I mean literally hundreds of thousands of people who put WoW streamers into top 10 watched streamers for the month even tho RWF lasts one week and couple of days tops?
    WoW Classic HC challenge was watched by 40k people too - people are interested in competitive game.

even method has far more claim to that title, even today. Echo being 2nd. Limit? Top 5 guild to be really honest with you.
    yeah I get what your saying for sure, but really for me and this is just my preference I prefer to go off the last race, whoever takes top spot is the #1 guild at that time on that tier, if we are going to go overall Method as a guild name takes it for sure but most of the players from Method world first's are in Echo now. Limit doesn't matter they only have a few world first titles they were still #1 for them tiers which is great. The problem is the statement saying they are the #1 guild when many factors would seem to suggest otherwise. So co Owner of Liquid and guild leader/raid leader of Liquid/Limit is Max and he streams about blizzard and how they make statements and criticises etc and he cant even get his own company statement factually correct. The irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Isn't there another genre of games they could go ruin instead?

Why is this even news
    My thoughts exactly. So many words and I still couldn't possibly care less.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    ................so guilds are merging............acquisition? .... Why is that nomenclature even being utilized here? This is so silly. Does anybody actually really care in any way?
    They are run as a business. They get paid, have actual staff, have an hr, sponsers, etc. So it is considered a business deal in the same vain as buying a sports team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Yup. Heroic/mythic world first raiding became a big deal in WoW because hardcore raiders from Elitist Jerks became WoW devs and hijacked the direction of the game. Meanwhile, FFXIV's dev leadership has not been compromised by hardcore raiders. It's still led by the same people since ARR who have their heads screwed on.

There is a drought of news. This is a website that makes money off of clicks. Blizzard has spent over a decade reshaping the community's perception of what is "important" by trying their damndest to push esports. Naturally an esports acquisition is going to make the front page.
    Not even thing. Hardcore raiding started in vanilla. It just was not so highlighted cause the technology was not developed by the playerbase yet to fully record it.

Ion started in wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandren View Post
    My thoughts exactly. So many words and I still couldn't possibly care less.
    You could, you literally read, clicked and replied this. Your take makes as much sense as the guy who you replied to.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    Who gives a shit lol, it's like 3 year old content, the world first took less than 24 hours for the last tier
    The problem is and it is a minor problem for some is that when you go around saying, "we are going in blind, meaning no guides, no help from the community, we are going in not knowing or expecting what is to come from the boss mechanics" then to find out that Max was looking up guides on the side to pre prep the fights to clear them faster just undermines the whole "we are going in blind" comment he made. I personally enjoyed watching his group go through FF14 raids, but when I found he was looking up guides after the fact of saying he was going in blind and never saying they decided to look up a guide later to speed up the clear process and plus using certain addons that most people never need to use to clear the boss fights in FF14, it just rubbed me the wrong way and so I kind of stop caring what Max and his group did moving forward.

What I think most people are kind of upset about here is that when someone says they are doing something, but to find out they are doing another thing without acknowledging that and playing it off as them doing the hard work without the help kind of looks bad sometimes. I wouldn't say they are cheating because of what they did, but like in Endwalker WF Race, I think Max even said they weren't even including Limit in the Race because they use addons to change the look of their UI and gave timers to abilities and such which is something the Devs kind of frown down on while you can see those who were streaming, used the defaulted UI and no special timers and such.