Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    M&M's are just a trash version of Smarties. Tucker is too much of a wimp to say American Candy is inferiour to Canadian Candy.
    I always thought Smarties were those disgusting little chalk discs in a tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Smarties come in tubes, but they are great. They are the thing M&M's just knocked off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%26M%27s#History

That's the real crime*. American's have been brainwashed by the Mars Corporation and American Smarties are just some trash confection that seem to only exist to preserve the M&M brand.

*Ok maybe the real crimes are the whole child labour thing (Nestle also likely benefited from it).
    And also the whole tax avoidance thing.
    Although Tucker is probably calling the Mars Corporation for donating heavily against Trump in 2018 and 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think everyone's missing the real point. And that means Tucker's winning.

This design shift didn't come out of nowhere. It came out at the same time this is happening, and if you think there isn't a direct connection, you haven't paid much attention to how big corporations behave; https://www.theguardian.com/global-d...-lawsuit-in-us

The parent company behind M&Ms is being sued for exploiting child slave labor overseas. This is way beyond sweatshop labor, it's literal child slavery.

But sure, they make a mascot less slutty and Tucker goes on a rant (and was probably handed a script to follow), and everyone's talking about whether the green M&M should be slutty or not, and the whole enslavement of children thing gets ignored by the news cycle.

This is what Aldous Huxley's dystopia looks like, folks.
    This article is 11 months old. I hate to point it out, but theyre not distracting from anything, because sadly already no one cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Smarties come in tubes, but they are great. They are the thing M&M's just knocked off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%26M%27s#History
    But they also come in peanut and peanut butter. Dunno to explain tub size in metric.

*adds to Costco list*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    This article is 11 months old. I hate to point it out, but theyre not distracting from anything, because sadly already no one cares.
    Not sure what your point is. Would you gladly give up on chocolate only for these children to be reassigned from cocoa to coke instead?

Slander!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-c...y-androgynous/

Fox News host Tucker Carlson ripped the maker of M&Ms for making the candy less appealing on Friday after the company announced it would retool its ads to be more gender inclusive.

My days of not taking Tucker Carlson seriously have certainly reached a middle.

Reminded me of this:

Does anyone truly take Tucker 'Fucker' Carlson seriously?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    But they also come in peanut and peanut butter. Dunno to explain tub size in metric.

*adds to Costco list*

There is metric weight on the label if you look. I doubt I eat that much sugar in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Does anyone truly take Tucker 'Fucker' Carlson seriously?
    Sadly, all too many people do.

- - - Updated - - -

A little disambiguation for you:

Damn...I haven't thought about those things since like...elementary school. I always thought they were ok, just not the sort of thing I would go out of my way to get. But maybe I'm just crazy, since I'm apparently one of the few who will actually eat candy corn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nailed it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Nailed it.
    Ok, whoever posted that officially wins the internet.

It's also ridiculously ironic considering that high heels or flat pumps, Brown probably wouldn't give Tuck the time of day to begin with, considering it's heavily suggested that she doesn't swing that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    M&M's are just a trash version of Smarties. Tucker is too much of a wimp to say American Candy is inferiour to Canadian Candy.

[comic]
    No mention of Coffee Crisp? Or ketchup chips?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    No mention of Coffee Crisp? Or ketchup chips?
    We're far too polite to just go all the way down the list of Canadian Junk Food that is superior to their American Equivalents (or lack thereof).

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Not sure what your point is. Would you gladly give up on chocolate only for these children to be reassigned from cocoa to coke instead?
    My point was pretty clear, Endus suggested this new fake outrage from Tucker is a distraction from a year old expose of child slavery. Im saying that doesnt make sense. Not sure what cocaine has to do with it...

This seems like either a distraction or a slow news day. Either way Fox News is built the same way as any late night talk show host, to provide entertainment but not news.

Blasphemy. The chalkiness is what makes them good.
    I used to trade all my peanut butter cups for smarties and other fruit candies, because quite frankly the peanut butter Reese's uses is shit tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    This seems like either a distraction or a slow news day. Either way Fox News is built the same way as any late night talk show host, to provide entertainment but not news.
    I will go for distraction because the story being distracted from this is the child slavery that Mars and co and hiding, Mars knew what they were doing, but conservatives are great distractors from real issues here. But hey, sexy M&S > harsh child labour I guess.

also this also just may be a case of Mars cancelling themselves because alot of big companies are so scared to be cancelled that they just cancel themselves. Because apparently there were no complaints against M&M about their representation. M&M's just reacted on their own lol. So yea its a corporate knee jerk reaction apparently.

but as I said sad that this is a news issue when Mars are far guilty of actual issues.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance