10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I don't see NYState as that big of a threat to Trump
    Trump disagrees. He's fighting those investigations hard. Also there's a criminal investigation underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump disagrees. He's fighting those investigations hard. Also there's a criminal investigation underway.
    He fights every investigation hard it's what he does, he's been under investigations his entire life. The only monetary investigation that is a major threat to Trump is his dispute with the IRS with penalties and interest it could wipe him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    He fights every investigation hard it's what he does, he's been under investigations his entire life. The only monetary investigation that is a major threat to Trump is his dispute with the IRS with penalties and interest it could wipe him out.
    Could be. But if NYState proves he cheated on his taxes, the IRS immediately swoops in for the kill.

I would like to see results, of course.

Are you talking "taken by Deustche Bank" or "seized by NYState"?

Yes.

10char

Unless I am mistaken I don't see NYState as that big of a threat to Trump he can stall them for a long time and since it's a civil case the most they can get out of it is another slap on the wrist fine.
    There are so many investigations, Isnt the NY state one looking into financial fraud and wrongful evaluations that, if found guilty on, would lead to banks declaring his loans fraudulent and claiming back their money thereby ruining him financially?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Could be. But if NYState proves he cheated on his taxes, the IRS immediately swoops in for the kill.

I would like to see results, of course.
    The IRS doesn't swoop when it comes to Trump his tax fraud case has been going on since before he was president. I don't think a lot of people have a grasp of how untouchable people like Trump are, if he was a normal citizen he would have been in jail decades ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There are so many investigations, Isnt the NY state one looking into financial fraud and wrongful evaluations that, if found guilty on, would lead to banks declaring his loans fraudulent and claiming back their money thereby ruining him financially?
    That would be up to the banks the penalty would be a fine because frankly they knew he was a bad investment when they gave him the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I remember, the issue is that he told investors/loaners one value, taxes another, and insurers possibly a third. They can't both be correct. The civil case is one thing, Trump will have to decide which amouint of money is lower and basically admit he lied to them. (Or, fight in court, probably lose, and then NYState gets to decide...or it's both) Criminal charges could easily follow, based purely on the fact that a company doesn't commit bank fraud without a person in the company committing bank fraud. NY is running parallel investigations that share info. It's a serious threat to what's left of his money and time on this earth.

- - - Updated - - -

they knew he was a bad investment .
    Which is why I believe, in the loans, there's some very interesting language along the lines of "if you cheat us, we get everything". Trump had already gone bankrupt six times. Nobody was giving him the benefit of the doubt, they had a figurative gun to his figurative head.

Which is why I believe, in the loans, there's some very interesting language along the lines of "if you cheat us, we get everything". Trump had already gone bankrupt six times. Nobody was giving him the benefit of the doubt, they had a figurative gun to his figurative head.
    Pretty much which means short of an act of god Trump is going to run for president in 2024 even more desperate to do anything to win because his life depends on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much which means short of an act of god Trump is going to run for president in 2024 even more desperate to do anything to win because his life depends on it.
    He might. But NYState has no requirement to slow down. Neither does Georgia. And neither does Deutsche Bank, although as pointed out earlier they have a vested interest in owning Trump if Trump has any real power.

Of course, I'd like to see Trump get halfway into the 2022 elections then get bitchslapped with a subpoena, asset claim or handcuffs during a rally. Won't happen, but dare to dream.

He might. But NYState has no requirement to slow down. Neither does Georgia. And neither does Deutsche Bank, although as pointed out earlier they have a vested interest in owning Trump if Trump has any real power.

Of course, I'd like to see Trump get halfway into the 2022 elections then get bitchslapped with a subpoena, asset claim or handcuffs during a rally. Won't happen, but dare to dream.
    That's why he has an army of lawyers slowing the process down as much as possible, the most amazing thing about Trump is how he manages to still have lawyers. I mean the man doesn't pay his legal bills and look what he did to Rudy.

The IRS doesn't swoop when it comes to Trump his tax fraud case has been going on since before he was president. I don't think a lot of people have a grasp of how untouchable people like Trump are, if he was a normal citizen he would have been in jail decades ago.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be up to the banks the penalty would be a fine because frankly they knew he was a bad investment when they gave him the money.
    Thing is that the IRS doesn't need permission to forcefully withdrawal funds from a person's bank accounts for back taxes if the person refuses to pay said taxes. They can also freeze accounts so that the person cannot access them or use the funds themselves until the IRS gets their money. The only thing the IRS needs is proof someone is purposefully trying to evade taxes. That is where these cases will come in handy.

Let that sink in. The IRS, if they have proof of tax evasion, can demand a bank to transfer money to them and a bank cannot refuse. So yes, they can easily go after Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why he has an army of lawyers slowing the process down as much as possible, the most amazing thing about Trump is how he manages to still have lawyers. I mean the man doesn't pay his legal bills and look what he did to Rudy.
    The pool of reputable lawyers that will deal with his shit is dwindling fast, if any are left.
    He's gonna get someone with little experience from Bumblefuck who's trying to make a name for themselves. They'll make newbie mistakes from their first high stress/high pressure case. They won't just be out of their league, but in a whole different sport. Probably Calvinball, given Don's tenuous handle on things like "Facts" and "Reality".
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Thing is that the IRS doesn't need permission to forcefully withdrawal funds from a person's bank accounts for back taxes if the person refuses to pay said taxes. They can also freeze accounts so that the person cannot access them or use the funds themselves until the IRS gets their money. The only thing the IRS needs is proof someone is purposefully trying to evade taxes. That is where these cases will come in handy.

Let that sink in. The IRS, if they have proof of tax evasion, can demand a bank to transfer money to them and a bank cannot refuse. So yes, they can easily go after Trump.
    No that's not the way it works because he still has the right to his day in court, if the IRS could do this they would not be disputing a tax fraud case with Trump for so long. The IRS is speedy because most normal people cannot afford the lawyers nor have the connection to put up a defense rich people do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    The pool of reputable lawyers that will deal with his shit is dwindling fast, if any are left.
    He's gonna get someone with little experience from Bumblefuck who's trying to make a name for themselves. They'll make newbie mistakes from their first high stress/high pressure case. They won't just be out of their league, but in a whole different sport. Probably Calvinball, given Don's tenuous handle on things like "Facts" and "Reality".
    Thanks to his SPAC Trump does have money now so maybe he has no problems paying although he legally shouldn't be able to take money out that doesn't stop him to take out loans using his shares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to his SPAC Trump does have money
    I would like to believe there are penalties for using PAC/SPAC money to handle your own personal civil and criminal lawsuits, related to matters that were not involved in his election. Georgia maybe, NYState no chance.

I do remember seeming some news about Trump having added some no name lawyer from an entirely different field to a case recently. Probably because he is running very low on his army of lawyers still willing to work for him, without at least getting payed up front.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I do remember seeming some news about Trump having added some no name lawyer from an entirely different field to a case recently. Probably because he is running very low on his army of lawyers still willing to work for him, without at least getting payed up front.
    Are you talking about the lawyer he might literally have seen looking out his window?

I would like to believe there are penalties for using PAC/SPAC money to handle your own personal civil and criminal lawsuits, related to matters that were not involved in his election. Georgia maybe, NYState no chance.
    SPAC rules have more holes than Swiss cheese but he is under investigation by the SEC for that SPAC.

https://time.com/6141548/congress-vo...supreme-court/

McCarthy and Republicans lose, the SCOTUS has told them that the Judiciary has zero authority to issue rulings on House rules that are not legislation, and consequently remote voting in the House can continue uninterrupted.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since we're using this as a Republican venting thread, and because this skirts just close enough to forbidden topics that I don't want to nuke a whole new thread with it:

In addition to Florida's Anti-CRT Laws making it impossible for Speakers to talk about the Civil Rights Era, they've just now passed a fonderful new bill colloquially called The Don't Say Gay bill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hill
    A Florida House committee on Thursday passed a bill seeking to ban discussions of sexuality and gender identity in school classrooms, which LGBTQ+ advocates say will effectively “erase” LGBTQ+ history, culture, and students...

...According to the bill, parents may take legal action against their child’s school district and be awarded damages if they believe any of its policies infringe on their “fundamental right to make decisions regarding the upbringing and control of their children.” ...

...Other advocates have criticized the language of one of the Florida bill’s provisions, which would require educators and administrators to effectively “out” known LGBTQ+ students to their parents without their consent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Oh look, another GOP law based on making everyone official vigilantes. Florida and Texas will be chasing down abortion providers and schools that teach their kids that homosexuals exist.