Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Question

Who. Gives. A. S**t.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subsailor View Post
    The situation is fluid right now, I sure hope they don't freeze up during the race to world first.
    and this is why MMO-C needs an Upvote feature.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

What is it with people replying to things they apparently don't give a shit about?

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What is it with people replying to things they apparently don't give a shit about?
    A weird attempt to look cool. Check any thread that references any sort of successful content creator to see more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    How to not give a shit on internet guide for beginners:

Step 1: Read the article you don't give a shit about
    Step 2: Read the comments, reply to comment on page 3 which says that commenter doesn't give a damn and insert one of the arguments from the step below
    Step 3: If you didn't find a comment like that reply to the post with one of the following things: Couldn't care less/No one cares/This is ruining the game/old times were better without this/[Stupid argument with 0 nuance about why people mentioned are not doing anything special]

Congratulations, everyone knows that you really don't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Oh yeah, for sure. Even with bosses that weren't bugged or mathematically impossible, it still took longer to progress and kill the final boss of each tier, as far as my memory serves me at least.

I assume one of the problems nowadays is that MMO gamers evolved to be able to deal with the challenges put in front of them better (along with factors like better addons, and so on) so companies trying to make boss fights that are going to take longer than a few days to beat, is nigh impossible.
    There were also timegated walls. Like you couldn't even attempt the second boss in Molten Core until you'd beaten the first one four times and gotten four hunters their tranq shot book. I wonder how badly players would flip out in modern days if we couldn't stand a chance against the Eye of the Jailer until we'd killed Tarragrue only for four weeks.

Or needing to go out and farm resist sets, like fire for MC or nature for AQ or nature and cold for Naxx. You might reach a boss and just be brickwalled and your RL has to go "ok everyone go out and farm resist sets, have at least most of them by next Tuesday, we're done for the week."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    There were also timegated walls. Like you couldn't even attempt the second boss in Molten Core until you'd beaten the first one four times and gotten four hunters their tranq shot book. I wonder how badly players would flip out in modern days if we couldn't stand a chance against the Eye of the Jailer until we'd killed Tarragrue only for four weeks.
    Awkward comparison considering them killing Lucifron four times was frankly a safety measure to be absolutely on the safe side that every Frenzy gets dispelled.
    You could still heal through the Frenzy, however with hardcore characters, you obviously don't want to take the risk of anyone, especially the tank, dying.

It's not so much a wall by design, but rather by their self imposed challenge.
    Or needing to go out and farm resist sets, like fire for MC or nature for AQ or nature and cold for Naxx.
    Which only really happened to the world first guilds, because the knowledge of any fight requiring resistance would spread quickly.
    In Vanilla the situation was just different because cutting edge guilds tend to keep a tight lit onto strats and information, to not give their competition any advantage.

Nowadays, you'd know if a boss requires any specific resistance because people test the boss on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimpson View Post
    The problem is and it is a minor problem for some is that when you go around saying, "we are going in blind, meaning no guides, no help from the community, we are going in not knowing or expecting what is to come from the boss mechanics" then to find out that Max was looking up guides on the side to pre prep the fights to clear them faster just undermines the whole "we are going in blind" comment he made. I personally enjoyed watching his group go through FF14 raids, but when I found he was looking up guides after the fact of saying he was going in blind and never saying they decided to look up a guide later to speed up the clear process and plus using certain addons that most people never need to use to clear the boss fights in FF14, it just rubbed me the wrong way and so I kind of stop caring what Max and his group did moving forward.

What I think most people are kind of upset about here is that when someone says they are doing something, but to find out they are doing another thing without acknowledging that and playing it off as them doing the hard work without the help kind of looks bad sometimes. I wouldn't say they are cheating because of what they did, but like in Endwalker WF Race, I think Max even said they weren't even including Limit in the Race because they use addons to change the look of their UI and gave timers to abilities and such which is something the Devs kind of frown down on while you can see those who were streaming, used the defaulted UI and no special timers and such.
    He was close to TPS(world 1st FFXIV static) and probably got a lot of "hints" or help from them, I don't think it was completely blind but I don't really care, fights in FFXIV are about dying repeatedly to see the dance, and doing it, it's incredibly trivial to Limit/Echo/whoever to do these fights, we're comparing heroic level content to the best mythic raiders in the world

I don't really idolize them so I don't really care that they lied I guess, they're good players, but them doing it doesn't make them any less good, also the default UI in FFXIV is complete dogshit and I don't blame them for running DelvUI

And most raiders use Cactbot/custom triggers, even if it's "frowned" upon

Quote Originally Posted by Saintlel View Post
    Who gives a shit lol, it's like 3 year old content, the world first took less than 24 hours for the last tier
    Well why don't you ask the guy making the claim in the first place?

He thought it important enough to brag about so apparently he does care about it very much.

Cannot say I care about the cheating. If he was lying its pretty low of him because its not like anyone would have really judged him for just playing the game by watching videos or not to just check out the raids of another game. Would be a big sign of insecurity. But any sort of personal offense? Got bigger things to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yeah that's not how PR works, though. "Blatant lying" is the name of the game there. You may disagree with it, but to actually point it out as a criticism is still what I said - a bit petty.

I bet you also walk up to restaurants going "actually, this ISN'T the 'world's best fried chicken', you're just blatantly lying!".
    So you think because its the norm, it should be accepted and complaining about is petty? Yeh, you're part of the problem lol...
    Never been to a restaurant or really, any place that has claimed to be the best in the world.
    But if it would happen? And I had better? Yeh, i would tell them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thraps View Post
    yeah I get what your saying for sure, but really for me and this is just my preference I prefer to go off the last race, whoever takes top spot is the #1 guild at that time on that tier, if we are going to go overall Method as a guild name takes it for sure but most of the players from Method world first's are in Echo now. Limit doesn't matter they only have a few world first titles they were still #1 for them tiers which is great. The problem is the statement saying they are the #1 guild when many factors would seem to suggest otherwise. So co Owner of Liquid and guild leader/raid leader of Liquid/Limit is Max and he streams about blizzard and how they make statements and criticises etc and he cant even get his own company statement factually correct. The irony.
    Just gonna be hilarious when they lose the next race, which they will.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    So you think because its the norm, it should be accepted and complaining about is petty? Yeh, you're part of the problem lol...
    Never been to a restaurant or really, any place that has claimed to be the best in the world.
    Disregarding for the moment that you seem to be completely missing the point, please demonstrate that they're ACTUALLY lying. You want to be pedantic, then let's go: demonstrate they're not "the best in the world". Relative to when they claimed so, of course; they didn't say "we're the best in the world going back to the last race". That would be too easy.

I'll wait.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know. And my whole point is that limit doesn't deserve that title, at all. They are among the best in the world, i'll give them that credit but the way its portrayed just annoys me a little bit to be honest.
    If anything, you go by the current/last tier, which would be echo. If you want to expand that further? Limit will only get further behind and won't even be top 2...
    Reminder limit won first place in 2/3 of the races since method disbanded. And method made a new team and got ,5th this tier. So idk why you think limit suddenly is gunna be not in the top 2 when the one they didn't win they still got second place in.

- - - Updated - - -

Or needing to go out and farm resist sets, like fire for MC or nature for AQ or nature and cold for Naxx. You might reach a boss and just be brickwalled and your RL has to go "ok everyone go out and farm resist sets, have at least most of them by next Tuesday, we're done for the week."
    Boi people forget how much timegating there was in old wow raids. Made a video on it and people got rabid calling "fucking liar". The 4 tranq shot books. The Ragnaros fire runes, and don't even get me started on attunements and icc taking 2 months to fully unlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Disregarding for the moment that you seem to be completely missing the point, please demonstrate that they're ACTUALLY lying. You want to be pedantic, then let's go: demonstrate they're not "the best in the world". Relative to when they claimed so, of course; they didn't say "we're the best in the world going back to the last race". That would be too easy.

I'll wait.
    If you look at the last 5 world first races, they have won 2. That means they have a win ratio of 40%. Hardly best in the world by any stretch of the imagination?
    If you look at the last world first race, they didn't win. Hardly the best in the world by any stretch of the imagination.

Now you prove they are the best.

I'll wait

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Reminder limit won first place in 2/3 of the races since method disbanded. And method made a new team and got ,5th this tier. So idk why you think limit suddenly is gunna be not in the top 2 when the one they didn't win they still got second place in.
    Read my reply above.
    So they needed another team to literally disband and quit to even have a chance to win anything? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
    Thats the "best in the world"?

7+ Year Old Account
    Read my reply above.
    So they needed another team to literally disband and quit to even have a chance to win anything? Is that what you're trying to tell me?
    Thats the "best in the world"?
    ... method did not disband till after nyalotha world first race, and limit won that one.
    also by castle nathria echo had formed, and limit beat them there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Super stoked to see what Liquid (Limit) can do this next tier. I've never been a fan of Method because I always rooted for Blood Legion / Paragon. Still though, relevancy is waning into Blizzard gets their house in order with it's player base. Less active players = less attention to R2WF

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You're a liar too lmao

300m-400m would make a man kill his own mama without a second thought.
    Not everyone places the same value on money ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't want a house, I don't want cars, I don't have a family to support nor will I ever so I don't have to worry about leaving money behind. I'm not in debt and I make enough money to have what I want so 300m would just sit unused in my bank.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Boi people forget how much timegating there was in old wow raids. Made a video on it and people got rabid calling "fucking liar". The 4 tranq shot books. The Ragnaros fire runes, and don't even get me started on attunements and icc taking 2 months to fully unlock.
    Yup. When people compain about time gating I point out that it's always existed, just in different forms. Like you were prevented from doing heroic dungeons until you were revered, the time gating by literal gates in SWP. And as you said, attunements. Just google TBC attunemnt flowchart if you ever want to laugh.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

If you look at the last 5 world first races, they have won 2. That means they have a win ratio of 40%. Hardly best in the world by any stretch of the imagination?
    But they didn't say "we're the best in the world going back 2 races". They're saying "we're the best in the world NOW".

You accuse them of lying - you better show that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    No yeah I'm sure you would have zero issue turning down $300m if presented. Yeah totally.

It's easy to talk.
    Have gay sex for 300m? Easy no.

I wouldn't have gay sex for 700 trillion dollars lol.

If you just want to hand over 300m no strings then why would I say no?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself