214. This poll is closed
  • Yes

114 53.27%
  • No

100 46.73%
Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    My god, I sincerely hope you're young and your parents haven't taught you better. Because if you're not, ugh.
    Maybe parents should teach their children that you should always do your best and respect the time and efforts of other people instead of teaching them that the rest of the world is obliged to carry them.
    IRL people that wilfully are bad have bad jobs, if they even have one, people don't want to be friends with them and they can only get married to fat alcoholics.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    If I get in a group with some shitter player, I let them know they are garbage and leave the group.

Don't join groups if you are bad. Period. I'm not going to give in to some whining snowflake because they are getting out dpsed by the healer. They are trash.

If you are experiencing "big meanie toxic players" it is 100% because you are a bad player.
    You can easily just....not be a jerk to people in groups. I'd say I hope you get banned for your toxicity but Blizzard has proven they don't punish people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    You aren't arguing in good faith here, but thats for the course. No one is actually saying saying calling children slurs is fine. But WoW already has multiple ways to deal with that. Most/all the scenarios you keep bringing up are the ultra extreme and I would say no common at all. You can already report people and ignore them for saying slurs. If enough people report they will be silenced and eventually banned\suspended.
    So if a sick asshole goes to a school and start screaming racial slurs at the children the solution is to ignore him?? And one report isn't enough to warrant an investigation you need multiple and maybe something will happen?? I'm glad you're not in charge of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    We can all applaud FF for its rules, but most/many of those player sonly listen because they have to, as you basically said. I don't think at all its a culture issue.
    I don't care why people behave as long as they behave. If I don't get robbed and beaten on my way to the grocery store I don't care if it's because rules prevent people from doing so, I only care that they don't do it.
    Last edited by Echo of Soul; 2022-01-25 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Maybe parents should teach their children that you should always do your best and respect the time and efforts of other people instead of teaching them that the rest of the world is obliged to carry them.
    IRL people that wilfully are bad have bad jobs, if they even have one, people don't want to be friends with them and they can only get married to fat alcoholics.
    Or maybe, just maybe, you don't be toxic to other players because it's just a fucking game. If you don't like the group, then leave. Throwing around insults is just childish and toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Or maybe, just maybe, you don't be toxic to other players because it's just a fucking game. If you don't like the group, then leave. Throwing around insults is just childish and toxic.
    It is funny how some people like to put words in to people's mouth here.
    I did not in any way write anything about "insults".
    First of all it is against the ToS to used banned language.
    Secondly it is rude.
    Thirdly it is a waste of time, especially when talking to the wilfully unwilling to respect the time and efforts of others.
    To tell someone that they are bad at the game isn't an insult.

Furthermore it is 100% within Blizzard's rule set to kick players that make the in-game experience toxic for the majority of a group.
    There is nothing more toxic and disrespectful than wasting the time of other people.

Nowhere in Blizzard's policy does it state that toxic players have the right to waste the time and be carried by respectful players.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem I see is that Blizzard can not fix it.

This is a personal problem, coming from the private life of the players. Poor parenting, poor manners, that type of thing.

In 16 years playing WoW I have never even considered yelling or swearing at other players. Even when they fail 10 times in a row, you can get a bit mad and show it somehow, sure, but that doesn´t mean directly flaming them, calling them names or shit like that.

I do believe that people should take a stance against it. When we see someone being toxic, we should collectively tell them. If they don´t like it, kick them from the group, ignore them in the chat and simply don´t play with them. That´s all you can really do and probably the most effective thing to do as well.

People became so whiney in recent years....

sure if someone runs around using swearwords like n-word, f-word, b-word.... etc. pp. they should get a bad and it can be easily recongnized.

But if you join a group where everyone expects you to KNOW what the fuck you are doing but you don't and the other four don't want to play with you because of that it is not toxic. You are. You force a situation where others completly loose their time without gaining anything at all. If i tell you that you are bad because you wiped the group 5 times in a row... that is not toxic.

People complaining abotu toxicity ingame are nearly always people who are to lazy to acutally learn anything about the game waste other peoples time and act suprised if the other are angry for wasting said time.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    The problem I see is that Blizzard can not fix it.

This is a personal problem, coming from the private life of the players. Poor parenting, poor manners, that type of thing.

In 16 years playing WoW I have never even considered yelling or swearing at other players. Even when they fail 10 times in a row, you can get a bit mad and show it somehow, sure, but that doesn´t mean directly flaming them, calling them names or shit like that.

I do believe that people should take a stance against it. When we see someone being toxic, we should collectively tell them. If they don´t like it, kick them from the group, ignore them in the chat and simply don´t play with them. That´s all you can really do and probably the most effective thing to do as well.
    I do think that developers of online games should do a little bit of parenting. Kids interact with others in completely different ways than they did 20-30 years ago and they interact with them more often.
    The developers should stomp down on tantrums the same way as a parent would. Kids throwing tantrums unpunished will lead to them becoming adults throwing tantrums and that's when the become toxic.
    Just because someone is not as good as you doesn't give you the right to verbally assault them. A grown up at least try to help them improve so that they can get through the content and if they don't want to you just politely excuse yourself and leave the group, there's no nerd to fly off the handle, it's a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    It is funny how some people like to put words in to people's mouth here.
    I did not in any way write anything about "insults".
    First of all it is against the ToS to used banned language.
    Secondly it is rude.
    Thirdly it is a waste of time, especially when talking to the wilfully unwilling to respect the time and efforts of others.
    To tell someone that they are bad at the game isn't an insult.

Furthermore it is 100% within Blizzard's rule set to kick players that make the in-game experience toxic for the majority of a group.
    There is nothing more toxic and disrespectful than wasting the time of other people.

Nowhere in Blizzard's policy does it state that toxic players have the right to waste the time and be carried by respectful players.
    You compared people in game to people doing poorly at jobs. It's a tremendous false equivalence. It's a fucking game. If you think someone isn't respecting your time then just don't play with them. It's really that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    People became so whiney in recent years....

sure if someone runs around using swearwords like n-word, f-word, b-word.... etc. pp. they should get a bad and it can be easily recongnized.

But if you join a group where everyone expects you to KNOW what the fuck you are doing but you don't and the other four don't want to play with you because of that it is not toxic. You are. You force a situation where others completly loose their time without gaining anything at all. If i tell you that you are bad because you wiped the group 5 times in a row... that is not toxic.

People complaining abotu toxicity ingame are nearly always people who are to lazy to acutally learn anything about the game waste other peoples time and act suprised if the other are angry for wasting said time.
    Kicking someone from the group after they wiped the ground several times isn't toxic. Hurling insults at them and THEN kicking them IS toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not unless it's accompanied by a slew of insults and hostility. Then it is.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, it's not unless it's accompanied by a slew of insults and hostility. Then it is.
    Now I'm not talking about failng once here (ie just fucking up and walking into a pack, or missing an interrupt)

But... if a player queues up for a group and single handely bricks the key ie. Trash dps, no interrupts at all, failing mechanics... they absolutely deserve to be told they are shit. End of story. Don't queue up for groups if you can't handle the content, it doesn't matter the reason why.

The blame is on the person wasting x peoples time. Not the person telling them they are trash. Because they are trash.

You compared people in game to people doing poorly at jobs. It's a tremendous false equivalence. It's a fucking game. If you think someone isn't respecting your time then just don't play with them. It's really that simple.
    Lol, and then you guys yell "toxic", you literally explained what is supposed to happen, but 99% of you consider this as "toxic", because "its a fucking game", therefor i must accept your uselessness as something normal, despite you literally saying i should not play with you.

Decide guys.

And because there are tools to predetermine you are not gonna respect my time, therefor i should not play with you, thats toxic, again.

So what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Like is said. Insults are a different thing... and you can report allready. And the system is actually quite strict when you got actually insulted.

If someone tells you to learn the game because you cannot play... that is not insulting. If someone says "Fuck you go die in a dtich you noob". You can report that with one click. Just beacuse blizz doesn't issue permabans for everythign doesn't mean they are doing nothing.

And people start to think that "noob" is on the same level as... well the n-word i am not going to use here. Or people not taking you into a 15+ because you have nothing to show is also toxic because "content should be open for everyone, stupid elitist with their stupid toxic gatekeeping" and so on.

I rather get insulted here and there by people i never meet and never will think about again... because it is just text in a box on a PC without a face or anything, than live in a orvellian paradise like FF14 where everybody is nice just becuase the banning system is so strict.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Lol, and then you guys yell "toxic", you literally explained what is supposed to happen, but 99% of you consider this as "toxic", because "its a fucking game", therefor i must accept your uselessness as something normal, despite you literally saying i should not play with you.

Decide guys.

And because there are tools to predetermine you are not gonna respect my time, therefor i should not play with you, thats toxic, again.

So what is it?
    Again, if you have an issue with someone then leave the group. Slinging insults is harassment and goes against the ToS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Now I'm not talking about failng once here (ie just fucking up and walking into a pack, or missing an interrupt)

But... if a player queues up for a group and single handely bricks the key ie. Trash dps, no interrupts at all, failing mechanics... they absolutely deserve to be told they are shit. End of story. Don't queue up for groups if you can't handle the content, it doesn't matter the reason why.

The blame is on the person wasting x peoples time. Not the person telling them they are trash. Because they are trash.
    Ok and slinging insults will hopefully result in getting you banned because it's considered harassment.

Exactly!
    In player created groups I use the various tools at my disposal to minimize the risk that I play with toxic, entitled people.
    In automated groups I initiate a kick when a toxic, wilfully unwilling person makes the in-game experience of the rest of the group toxic and in almost all cases such a kick passes.

Like is said. Insults are a different thing... and you can report allready. And the system is actually quite strict when you got actually insulted.

If someone tells you to learn the game because you cannot play... that is not insulting. If someone says "Fuck you go die in a dtich you noob". You can report that with one click. Just beacuse blizz doesn't issue permabans for everythign doesn't mean they are doing nothing.

And people start to think that "noob" is on the same level as... well the n-word i am not going to use here. Or people not taking you into a 15+ because you have nothing to show is also toxic because "content should be open for everyone, stupid elitist with their stupid toxic gatekeeping" and so on.

I rather get insulted here and there by people i never meet and never will think about again... because it is just text in a box on a PC without a face or anything, than live in a orvellian paradise like FF14 where everybody is nice just becuase the banning system is so strict.
    Or maybe people are nice because the toxic players got banned so the game is just left with people who talk to each other with civility rather than throwing insults constantly like people do in WoW.

Or maybe people are nice because the toxic players got banned so the game is just left with people who talk to each other with civility rather than throwing insults constantly like people do in WoW.
    Ahaha... FFXIV is the game with the most toxic atmosphere I have ever played.
    People wilfully play bad to bait people in to criticizing them so they can report them and have them banned.
    It is a heaven for people that feel entitled to waste other people's time.

And when all those "wholesome" and "helpful" people get outside their totalitarian state simulator it is quite telling how the language used by FFXIV-players and WoW-players differ....

But in the grand scope of things I find it good that we have 2 games that cater to people with wildly different world-views on what is toxic and respectful behaviour.
    This ways those 2 incompatible groups are mixing less and less and that can only be a good thing.

Yeah sure. That could be. Not sure if i would like that anyway. Bunch of people getting offended left and right. But i highly doubt that. It just moves from direct insults to passive agressiveness and overly sarcastic stuff which has the exact same result without being banable
    Toxicity just went to somewhere else like discord.

There will never be a toxic free space in an online enviroment. NEVER. Unless you use RealNames. Which opens another can of worms. I never really met toxicity in wow either. Maybe i am not as thin skinned as others who start crying if someone calls them an idiot.

So much whining about toxicity in wow. And who are those people? Nearly always people who don't really want to play with others. Only youse groupfinder and Pugs. Don't go looking for a guild and in other threats demand endgame loot from basically WQs.
    Go to FF14. STay there. It obviosuly is a better game for many people here and they say it every 5 seconds. And i donÄt blame them. Play the game you have fun. But don't act all high and mighty because of it. Wow is not more toxic than FF14.

FF14 just has way less hard stuff where you just get bunched up with many random players you will never meet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has inspired me to think about resurrecting my training guild on Bronzebeard. It was no pressure and we learned together how to do this.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Thats all it is, the complains are supposedly about toxicity, but for them toxicity is literally "I DONT WANT MY GAMEPLAY ACTIONS TO HAVE CONSEQUENCES BECAUSE ITS A GAME" and its very rarely to never about actual toxicity like racism or swearing.

They have made it in their minds to convince everyone that using the n-word or wishing someone death, is the same as getting declined in content, or boosting advertisements.

And everything you say against it, is toxicity.

It simply baffles your mind after awhile, and you cant take anyone seriously.