Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Most games are late to their genre, does that means those games should be cancelled?
    Yeah, pretty much
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

So basically Valheim.

How we gonna call this thing, Blizzheim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stifledmind View Post
    Is the survival game a job at Blizzard?
    No, it's a game about living in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I already have Valhiem in my life that I am kinda addicted to. Unless its got a theme that will capture me as much as that game. (which I doubt it)

If there's a solo mode survival with the option to bring in friends that would be great too, forced open world multiplayer survival I am not a fan of.
    At least we know the graphics are bound to be better then valheim.

Minecraft has better graphics then valheim

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Sounds awesome. Survival games are awesome.
    Got a good laugh from people saying the genre is dead because they don’t play it. I guess shooters/fps is a dead genre too by that logic ������
    Name a big survival game everyone knows
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    At least we know the graphics are bound to be better then valheim.

Minecraft has better graphics then valheim
    I personally like the very wooden graphic art style of Valhiem. Not sure why. But then I haven't been one to go mad on graphics. Probably because I don't play many triple A games anymore either lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-01-25 at 06:39 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I don't want to be a spoilsport, I hope it's not a child's game or "fornite" style because then I don't even touch it with 1 stick...

What exactly is left in the survival genre? I guess it fits blizz since they want to make casual games now but it feels half a decade at least to late.

I've never seen a AAA studio announce a game like this, basically do a half-announcement and also beg for help from prospective devs in the same announcement.

This project screams like it's at risk of being cancelled due to the massive dev turnover they have been suffering since last year and Blizzard is under threat of consolidation so they are trying this as a last-effort play before this project gets cancelled and the devs folded over to other projects.

A fucking survival game that won't be out for years is hilariously out-of-touch, but then again that is modern Blizzard in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Little late to this genre.
    Weel, Blizzard was always late to the genres they made game for, so it's not indication of anything.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Conan exiles but only did co-op so while it’s possible this could be fun if it’s an always online game I’ll likely pass.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

If it's not multiplayer I'm not interested.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Oh yeah. How innovative. What will be their next big thing? Battle Royale?

Please, Blizzard.
    I'm not a fan of Surv. games and the chances that I'll play it are slim. But... Let's be honest here, Blizzard has never been innovative when it comes to making games, I mean every game of theirs has been part of an already established and tried genre, be it RTS, MMORPG or MOBA.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Name a big survival game everyone knows
    Aren't you just proving that there's space in the genre? Lol.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Announce they are working on a new game and are looking for people to work on it? Cool? I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    So basically Valheim.

How we gonna call this thing, Blizzheim?
    Will call it heroes of valheim until they get sued.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    I've never seen a AAA studio announce a game like this, basically do a half-announcement and also beg for help from prospective devs in the same announcement.

This project screams like it's at risk of being cancelled due to the massive dev turnover they have been suffering since last year and Blizzard is under threat of consolidation so they are trying this as a last-effort play before this project gets cancelled and the devs folded over to other projects.

A fucking survival game that won't be out for years is hilariously out-of-touch, but then again that is modern Blizzard in a nutshell.
    Riot did pretty much the exact same thing with there mmo just said they were making one and that people could apply to work on it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post

For sure, this is the really wierd part. No spectacle, no cinematic, no conference no nothing. Just a single FB post and nothing else. That's really fucking odd.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Well, Blizzards main strength was to make niche genres mainstream. Thing is, that survival games address a broad audience already.

Ark is pretty successfull, so are games like Rust.

They should probably start with making MMORPGs mainstream again. And yes, i mean WoW, which adresses a small ultra casual and a small raider playerbase nowadays.
    What niche genre did they make mainstream exactly?