Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    <edited to remove negativity>

Never preorder games, imo. Meh. We'll see on this one. Ugh.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-01-25 at 09:53 PM.

Please dont implement hunger, diseases, thirst, cold, heat-stroke or anything of the kind...

Also...be gentle with the death penalty.

I never played a survival game my entire life because i usually hate all those mechanics or gimmicks.
    But im not sure if it still can be called a survival game without those...

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Also

Holy crap has Blizzard's artstyle become stale over the past decade. It began with MoP and Diablo 3, but by this point it has become bland and completely indistinguishable from the rest of the industry.
    Yeah but that picture also is concept art, as in a form of visual art used to convey an idea, and concept art often is in that type of style.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    I mean this doesent mean much lol. Even now, i dont see much working employees at blizzard talking much shit about their PRODUCT. That literally says nothing, the shoe shiner aint gona complain about the shoe shine, its his employer hes gona complain about.

As for a survival game. Unless they plan to make it content friendly and very open (which is not blizzard style) i dont have much hope for it. I would love for a different take on something like rust, the problem is that blizzard is just stuck into controlling everything, down to what people drink during esport events. Survival game survive on community base and content, pun intended, blizzard in 2022 is literally one of the greatest community destructive company out there. They flushed all their esports, community, representative and influencers down the toilet. Thats a shit load of trust to get back to make a big community you need to pop a new survival.

The good thing about setting my expectation to basically, i think its gona be shit, is that if its not i get a nice game lol.
    Nobody left at the company knows how to make a good game. I'll also laugh when they put in a cash shop so you can feel truly immersed surviving in your overwtach cross over skin!

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Please dont implement hunger, diseases, thirst, cold, heat-stroke or anything of the kind...

I never played a survival game my entire life because i usually hate all those mechanics or gimmicks.
    You just don't like survival games then honestly, those are pillars of... surviving. Without them you basically just become an open world action game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post

At that point, they might aswell just scrap the "survival" from the game tho. Some genres are just not for some people. Like i can't stand battle royales, so i just don't play them.
    Although for something like Hunger and Thirst, there is definitely good and bad examples. Some force you to eat/drink like every minute or you die, while in others you can go what feels like forever without food and not that long without water which is way more realistic in that regard, since no one "needs" to drink every hour or eat a whole cow every 2

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who plays mostly survival games anymore. The genre is anything but dead or close to dead.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    At that point, they might aswell just scrap the "survival" from the game tho. Some genres are just not for some people. Like i can't stand battle royales, so i just don't play them.
    Although for something like Hunger and Thirst, there is definitely good and bad examples. Some force you to eat/drink like every minute or you die, while in others you can go what feels like forever without food and not that long without water which is way more realistic in that regard, since no one "needs" to drink every hour or eat a whole cow every 2
    I think my personal favourite implementations of hunger and thirst are when games give you basic nutrition for nearly free(Plentiful berry bushes that give water and food), but then you get bonuses for the better food(Meat giving stamina boosts etc). Because then the hunger system isn't a hassle to maintain, and you're incentivised to hunt/do farming to make the better food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    I think my personal favourite implementations of hunger and thirst are when games give you basic nutrition for nearly free(Plentiful berry bushes that give water and food), but then you get bonuses for the better food(Meat giving stamina boosts etc). Because then the hunger system isn't a hassle to maintain, and you're incentivised to hunt/do farming to make the better food.
    I know valheim does it where you get health and bonuses off food, you'll never die of hunger, but eating food will keep you longer. If only you really needed that health for anything lol, the AI in that game is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I know valheim does it where you get health and bonuses off food, you'll never die of hunger, but eating food will keep you longer. If only you really needed that health for anything lol, the AI in that game is awful.
    Yeah for sure, the nutrition system is basically the only part of Valheim I enjoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW 2 is going to be a survival MMO.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    WoW 2 is going to be a survival MMO.
    Source please?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Source please?
    Source: A joke, probably, since they've said that it's set in a "new universe".

In the 8k hours I've played ARK I've often wondered what it would be like if a normal company with half-decent customer service support and good server infrastructure made a game like ARK. I always thought it would be like heaven on earth.

Sadly I don't believe this game will be anything like ARK.

Isn't it an 'announced survival game' now? Something can only be in a state of unnouncement prior to being announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Source please?
    It was indeed a joke.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Isn't it an 'announced survival game' now? Something can only be in a state of unnouncement prior to being announced.
    Don't you take the memes from us!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    In the 8k hours I've played ARK I've often wondered what it would be like if a normal company with half-decent customer service support and good server infrastructure made a game like ARK. I always thought it would be like heaven on earth.

Sadly I don't believe this game will be anything like ARK.
    Don't worry. We have ark 2 and all it's glorious bugs on the way.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

At first i suspected games like the forest but now im not sure what kind of weird stuff they have in mind, not that i care much.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Blizzard entertainment: late as ever. They were way too many years late to the MOBA craze, and now they're years way too late for the survival game genre.
    You know what else they were late to? The MMO genre, I think it worked out for them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Honestly, why do people keep saying "late as ever", when it only happened to HotS? WoW, HS, OW didn't have any issues with arrival.
    WoW was a solidly third generation MMO when it launched, I think it's reasonable to say they was chasing the popularity of the genre rather than being a pioneer.