Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Making tinker gnome, goblin, and mechagnome only would be the biggest fucking mistake Blizzard has ever made. They'd have put effort into creating a new class that a vast majority of the playerbase would never touch because it's exclusive to garbage races.
    Lore wise, Tinker would be AT LEAST Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf, Undead, Mechagnome at the base minimum.

If they were revealed to be a class, I would foresee it to easily be all races.

Alliance:
    Gnome.
    Dwarf.
    Human.
    Worgen.
    Draenei.
    Kul Tiran.
    Void Elves.
    Mechagnome.
    Lightforged Draenei.
    Dark Iron Dwarf.

Horde:
    Goblin.
    Undead.
    Orc.
    Blood Elf
    Trolls
    Vulpera.
    Mag'har Orcs
    Zandalari.
    Nightborne.

Currently, it is so difficult to balance the selection of races due to a slightly uneven number of races between the factions who actually are dug in for Tinker in the form of Steam, Siege, Goblin Engineering, Gnomish Engineering, Artificer, and Alchemy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well to be fair, Blizzard did say after Cataclysm that they wanted Goblins to return to Kezan and Undermine in the future. So since we returned to Kezan in BFA, there is a chance for us to see Undermine in the future.
    They said they would like to but we both know that they wouldn't center a whole expansion around this path of the Azerothian nature, maybe as another major patch, sure, but as a whole expansion, huge doubts, we are just not going to be permitted I feel.

Kezan was just an industrial port, Undermine is thriving with connections across the world, and if we were to be introduced to Undermine, I would want it to be on shaking grounds at first, something along the lines of the arrival at Boralus, but worse.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They said they would like to but we both know that they wouldn't center a whole expansion around this path of the Azerothian nature, maybe as another major patch, sure, but as a whole expansion, huge doubts, we are just not going to be permitted I feel.

Kezan was just an industrial port, Undermine is thriving with connections across the world, and if we were to be introduced to Undermine, I would want it to be on shaking grounds at first, something along the lines of the arrival at Boralus, but worse.
    Perhaps Undermine is the jumping off point for an expansion that takes us underground to the world soul? Like you said, it’s a centralized hub, so it would work great as a jumping off point towards more hostile areas. Also there’s supposedly an old god within Undermine.

Your Reputatuon with Teriz increased by 500.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    What if the class is awesome to play? You saying that people wouldn't play a class that is highly enjoyable gameplay-wise?
    If its restricted to goblin or gnome? I wouldn't play it, I can't stand those races. I have to like how my character looks.

Now, ditch the mechs, and instead use some of the sweet looking backpacks (you've posted something like 4-12 examples in other threads, I particularly like the Draenei one), let other races do it and I'd at least level one.

Oh also, on topic: Is there any precedent for the Goblins allowing the Alliance into the Undermine? Which cartel controls it atm?
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2022-01-25 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    If its restricted to goblin or gnome? I wouldn't play it, I can't stand those races. I have to like how my character looks.

Now, ditch the mechs, and instead use some of the sweet looking backpacks (you've posted something like 4-12 examples in other threads, I particularly like the Draenei one), let other races do it and I'd at least level one.
    You talking about this?

Oh also, on topic: Is there any precedent for the Goblins allowing the Alliance into the Undermine? Which cartel controls it atm?
    Yes. Undermine isn't controlled by the Horde, it's neutral and controlled by the Trade Coalition, a collection of Goblin trade princes and barons who control trade empires and cartels. Only the Bildgewater Cartel is with the Horde.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    You talking about this?

Yes. Undermine isn't controlled by the Horde, it's neutral and controlled by the Trade Coalition, a collection of Goblin trade princes and barons who control trade empires and cartels. Only the Bildgewater Cartel is with the Horde.
    aye thats the Draenei backpack art I was thinking of.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps Undermine is the jumping off point for an expansion that takes us underground to the world soul? Like you said, it’s a centralized hub, so it would work great as a jumping off point towards more hostile areas. Also there’s supposedly an old god within Undermine.
    Used as a stepping stone I could see possible but then the expansion wouldn't really be dedicated with them in mind. Doubt an old god is within but may be under, there's a reason for their high productivity and bountiful resources.

- - - Updated - - -

All the schools of Tinker could have a fitting pack after all.

Undermine is not Horde, and it is VERY strict on letting non-cartel members in, especially Gnomes. It would be more likely for Horde to launch via Kezan for Undermine (If we can gain access through the shaft there, or some other location, as for Gnomes, maybe some off-shoot tunnel been drilled out to make, though unstable, a connection between Gnomeregan and Undermine, in a manner of, "You stay on your side, and we can talk!"
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would not return.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Used as a stepping stone I could see possible but then the expansion wouldn't really be dedicated with them in mind. Doubt an old god is within but may be under, there's a reason for their high productivity and bountiful resources.

- - - Updated - - -

All the schools of Tinker could have a fitting pack after all.

Undermine is not Horde, and it is VERY strict on letting non-cartel members in, especially Gnomes. It would be more likely for Horde to launch via Kezan for Undermine (If we can gain access through the shaft there, or some other location, as for Gnomes, maybe some off-shoot tunnel been drilled out to make, though unstable, a connection between Gnomeregan and Undermine, in a manner of, "You stay on your side, and we can talk!"
    Sounds fine to me. I knew it wasn't controlled by the horde, I just didn't think Goblins had much love for the Alliance in general. (perhaps just because Gnomes are alliance, not sure, Goblins aren't my strong point lorewise).

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds fine to me. I knew it wasn't controlled by the horde, I just didn't think Goblins had much love for the Alliance in general. (perhaps just because Gnomes are alliance, not sure, Goblins aren't my strong point lorewise).
    Ah, time have changed my friend, and many Goblins have abandoned their cartels and joined the Alliance as they have seen themselves with better progress within the Alliance, we even have a Gnome+Goblin couple that was fleshed out through a book and expansion addition. Undermine, is like an industrial haven. If you do not have a member-only badge or the word, "POTENTIAL CUSTOMER!" on your forehead, one might as well piss off!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Undermine itself would have more then enough ideas without the need of a Tinker class could be fun to explore. I always imagined the cartels as the same suggest, gold is their coke and there should be some serious rivalry between them. The part were it becomes interestring for me is which other Trade princes are out there and how important are they really when we only Have an unconfirmed steamweedle, maldy who was replaced by gallywix (probably a name chance) and one guy in Azshara which is not even a real one I think. But an robust smelly dark envoirment which could serve as a horde point (a small section of the city) in the seas. This would only work if we were to explore more areas without phasing on Azeroth, which I don't see happening tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I think Undermine itself would have more then enough ideas without the need of a Tinker class could be fun to explore. I always imagined the cartels as the same suggest, gold is their coke and there should be some serious rivalry between them. The part were it becomes interestring for me is which other Trade princes are out there and how important are they really when we only Have an unconfirmed steamweedle, maldy who was replaced by gallywix (probably a name chance) and one guy in Azshara which is not even a real one I think. But an robust smelly dark envoirment which could serve as a horde point (a small section of the city) in the seas. This would only work if we were to explore more areas without phasing on Azeroth, which I don't see happening tho
    Well, with Undermine, you almost feel connected with Tinker. I mean, they have their cartels, two of them heavily bond with Tinker, two others missing a seat I believe, as one cartel section is not welcome and the other, unsure now Gazlowe changed team. They house cartels who are at everyone's throat above ground but below, someone seems to keep them in check. And then you have the largest union, Tinker's Union, as well as the vault where invention plans are stored - which has been mentioned before.

I badly wish to explore both Undermine and Gnomeregan, and the underground network that both these cities are meant to have, there is such a huge unknown void to explore.

Lore wise, Tinker would be AT LEAST Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf, Undead, Mechagnome at the base minimum.

If they were revealed to be a class, I would foresee it to easily be all races.

Alliance:
    Gnome.
    Dwarf.
    Human.
    Worgen.
    Draenei.
    Kul Tiran.
    Void Elves.
    Mechagnome.
    Lightforged Draenei.
    Dark Iron Dwarf.

Horde:
    Goblin.
    Undead.
    Orc.
    Blood Elf
    Trolls
    Vulpera.
    Mag'har Orcs
    Zandalari.
    Nightborne.

Currently, it is so difficult to balance the selection of races due to a slightly uneven number of races between the factions who actually are dug in for Tinker in the form of Steam, Siege, Goblin Engineering, Gnomish Engineering, Artificer, and Alchemy.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is fine. Make it available to every race. But limiting it to ONLY those three races? Absolutely terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Which is fine. Make it available to every race. But limiting it to ONLY those three races? Absolutely terrible idea.
    It would be silly to limit it to three races when Tinker has multiple different categories; Goblin, Gnomish, Artificer, Alchemy, Siegecraft, Steamworks - since Tinker is a tech-connected class.

One can easily count a need for a minimum of 6 races.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster B Keys View Post
    New box is called Rise of the Tinkers (name tentative).

Target date is late October.

3 new "starter" zones and 2 end game zones. Players will start at the Undermine which will also serve as a neutral city. No mounts allowed in this huge zone but lots of trams and fun ways to get around. Wacky vendors.

Goblin NPC will introduce players to player housing, which is the big box feature. Can have your instanced home in a ton of zones. Lots of choices.

No new levels. Incentive to play through "starter" zones includes unlocking flying, transmog, a new cosmetic called ribbons and the usual pets/toys/mounts.

New class: Tinker. Gnome, mechagnome and goblins only (subject to change). Has very unique animations and gameplay style. Dps, tank and healing spec. Mail armor. Can transmog engineering items without needing to actually have engineering.

Mythic 0 dungeons can now be queued in the group finder.

There will be a new battleground that focuses on supporting a giant robot on your side in a fun massive battle. 30 vs 30 epic BG.

Transmog restrictions lifted (except for class sets)

Every race will be getting at least some new customization options but regular gnomes and goblins getting a ton.

Patches will flow more organically like during Legion.
    WoW: RotT

>_>

lol, this one is particularly bad.

thanks for sharing, i guess

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, with Undermine, you almost feel connected with Tinker. I mean, they have their cartels, two of them heavily bond with Tinker, two others missing a seat I believe, as one cartel section is not welcome and the other, unsure now Gazlowe changed team. They house cartels who are at everyone's throat above ground but below, someone seems to keep them in check. And then you have the largest union, Tinker's Union, as well as the vault where invention plans are stored - which has been mentioned before.

I badly wish to explore both Undermine and Gnomeregan, and the underground network that both these cities are meant to have, there is such a huge unknown void to explore.
    Undermine should house multiple cartels who battle for certain resources etc. That would be a new theme to explore instead of we all know these guys and they will be horde soon. No the place should be dangerous. Remember no one is stopping them to introduce new cartels or trade princes if the story lends itself. Undermine could have gone through multiple phases as well, i cant even rememer when was the last time devs spoke about it.

I understand the connection all to well.. but I can aee undermine concept and story work just fine even 1/7 of the campaign had tinkers. Gnomes dont go there really.. maybe few exceptions, but its really the goblin main thing. We have done fine without them, it would only anhance a certain trait and fans, but it really should not be their main thing imo.

Its an interesting idea, but I want something new and a rivalry on steroid fits the theme perfectly. Also gallywix and gazlow could make for that first rivalry.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-01-25 at 10:52 PM.

Well... i wish this one was true. If not only for the mmoc tears.

Just missing the cross faction.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-01-26 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I thought this was a Teriz thread.
    Could be an alt account. Teriz will just proclaim this is the most likely leak because it fits his ideals perfectly and ignores any and all other data

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Your Reputatuon with Teriz increased by 500.
    not that hard to do, just have a nerd boner for tinker and irrationally disagree with everyone who doesn't like Tinker and you're exalted

10+ Year Old Account
    There is lore about a possible old god being somewhere in Undermine. I'll try to dig it up if I can find it.

With Gallywix on the loose, I do think we're going to see Undermine at some point. When is anyone's guess.