Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Veil of Shadows didn’t have a high quality logo though. When the leaked Shadowlands logo taught me one thing, it’s that it’s too damn hard to come up with high quality logos so easily, otherwise we would have multiple each leak season. But a logo with a specific kind of quality is very rare (there are tons of half-hearted and ugly logos though).
    Have you seen 'Handclaw' 's WoW fan art? They were highlighted for all of their Allied Race/Race Class/Heritage sets. Amazing concepts.

https://handclaw.artstation.com/projects

I just think some people doubt the raw talent out there. I mean look at the source for my Dragonmire fake. That 2014 3D render, I think, was like uncommissioned piece, though the artist does work professionally in the industry.

If Handclaw for example, really wanted to trick some of us- I bet they could make a frame like EoD's, and I almost suspect it might be theirs? We'll see, depending if the creator comes out.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

5+ Year Old Account
    I’m actually starting to really like the “Empire of Dragons” title

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Did anyone else get a "pre-release" download?
    I had one a few days ago

So I guess that no more news this week? Well, today february's new ps plus games should be announced, hopefully something good comes up to entertain myself.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

I’m going to assume that the Empire of dragons is a play on the black empire

Xal is probably going to recruit a bunch of dragons be they twilight or defectors and rebuild the black empire using the dragons and whatever else she can do. This also makes sense if we remember that at one point Wrathion was studying ways to fight OG corruption.

Possible that Xal’atath and her dragons took over the dragon isles and we go there to fix it and make new aspects using Azeroth as the source in order to defeat the black empire once and for all.
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2022-01-26 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Did anyone else get a "pre-release" download?
    '

Last edited by Ansi; 2022-01-26 at 09:44 AM.

As much as I enjoy the speculation, it would be funny if the announcement was months away, and all of these "just around the corner, guys!" leaks fell flat on their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    As much as I enjoy the speculation, it would be funny if the announcement was months away, and all of these "just around the corner, guys!" leaks fell flat on their faces.
    I would absolutely love this. "Just around the corner" is going to be the 9.2 tentative release date. The tears would be glorious

Has this one been posted before?

4Chan taking a leak from MMO-champ, which was said to be fake by the creator themselves?
    How the turn tables!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Oh lol, the image got out.
    Guess it was inevitable.

It's fake:
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

not even gonna try to 'leak' but pretend it was, how would you pick it apart?

Formerly known as Arafal

Oh cool, I guess you can literally put any graphic at the bottom and that would be okay for a leak lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The announcement is either soon, like right after patch release, or the expansion will come out late next year.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The announcement is either soon, like right after patch release, or the expansion will come out late next year.
    LATE next year?? Absolutely not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post

Instant BS - font on logo does not match usual WoW font.

Neeeeext.

- - - Updated - - -

But if I'd want to humor some random "leaks" - Empire of Dragons takes first prize. Logo is very well done, no obvious fuckups as far as I can see. The best part is that it is not accompanied by some random ass "features" or "lore" BS, so makes it actually much harder to dismiss as opposed to generic troll leaks, where you can see 3 sentences in it's BS.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-01-26 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Instant BS - font on logo does not match usual WoW font.

Neeeeext.

- - - Updated - - -

But if I'd want to humor some random "leaks" - Empire of Dragons takes first prize. Logo is very well done, no obvious fuckups as far as I can see. The best part is that it is not accompanied by some random ass "features" or "lore" BS, so makes it actually much harder to dismiss as opposed to generic troll leaks, where you can see 3 sentences in it's BS.
    Also both the quality and resolution are much lower.

Boththe logo and the picture.

On the logo, the official warcraft one has far more intricate detail, shadowing, colours etc.

Also the concept on the picture is far more imaginative, you have a concept picture of a city, the Dragonmire one could at least have had a dragon or something indicative of new feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    And yea the vagueness was hopefully to make it so the image wasn't found so quickly, which didn't even work.

an alternative I was working with, though unable to dodge Google's image detection easily, so unused.

I like this one even better, great job Xaxxas!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I mean they probably don't want to give an exact date until they nail down how they want the presentation to go and what to say (if it is regarding 10.0)

Last thing they want is to give the announcement date and then not be ready by then or not have enough time to QC it.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think Ion is going to make an appearance with Vol-de-Tort?
    I mean, he BETTER

"Vol de tort" ? Explain please

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    "Vol de tort" ? Explain please
    It's and old inside joke between Shadochi, myself and a few other people in the spec thread. A mix of tortollan reveals and Ion's b*ner on stage, it's a long story... Nothing to see here!

World of Warcraft: Vol-de-Tort
    New race : tortollans

Funny enough, on google image there are LOTS of fake logos :
    https://www.google.com/search?q=%22V...yTTS-etMvh9PnM

Among those fakes, very few, if not none have custom borders like the Empire of Dragons.

Of course, they all have added custom elements to borders, for example those ones :

Here, old gods tentacles are added above the borders :

Here, skulls were added :

But the thing is : under the added features (skulls, tentacles), it is ALWAYS the initial border that is shown on the logo, (that's also the case for the Dragonmire logo)

The only logo that totally custom borders like Shadowlands, BFA, .. is Empire Of Dragons.

This is the one. I believe it.