Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Well...

Zovaal's map is of Northrend.

He has a huge hole with a magical Azerite beam presumably emanating straight from the same place.

His soul appears to be consumed.

Yogg-Saron lurks down below and he just went omnomnom.
    Yogg, along with C'thun, Yshaarj and N'zoth are all dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    That’s what Blizzard wants us to believe! But in the next expansion we face them ALL. Plus Xalatath.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Didn't you hear? If their souls aren't fucking DESTROYED, and their essences still exist, then they're OBVIOUSLY alive...

Makorus, you should know by now that people have such limited mortal perceptions of what Death is by now lol!!! They're dead, yes! Their essences still making noise means nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That’s what Blizzard wants us to believe! But in the next expansion we face them ALL. Plus Xalatath.
    Why would we apply Death of the Author here when the Old Gods ARE "dead", it's shown to us that Death has different meanings compared to the views of mortals.

Though it may just be poetic license but their minions (particularly ol' Yoggy's) like to talk about how they are outside the cycle and whatnot.

Of course the one line I remember specifically is from all the way back in WotLK so who knows how things have changed since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

You ramble about titan technology, yet forget that the Tinker is largely based on Goblin\Gnome tech.
    I didn't forget. Also, I'm pretty sure I haven't brought up Tinkers in this entire discussion.

Titan technology would be Mimiron's. Did he imprison the Old Gods?
    No, but the Circle of Stars, Ulduar, and Uldir were Titan tech, and they did imprison Old Gods.

Just like that border "imprisons" the twilight/void in that logo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    ...Why not? The Jailer apparently shattered a part of the pattern, prolly as a result of him literally slamming Azeroth to the fucking ground and tryna dominate the other Hearts of each Cosmic Force using Domination + Azeroth's own Titanic power...

And from it, Firim fucking fears that something can leak in and absolutely make that CRACK within it further by that 1 force applying relentless pressure, that in itself doesn't have to mean the other 5 or even Death once more could try and take that advantage, per say. Just that something that may be the 7th could try and consume all, even Shadow/Void. But first...

We gotta restore the Balance, hence why 10.0 may be smaller, and COULD give us the Dragon Isles.
    You seem to be very heavily misunderstanding what I'm saying. What I'm suggesting is that the seventh force will be very disinteresting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    When has Warcraft ever acted super deep and shakespearian(I know you didn't say that but your wording expresses otherwise).

TLDR: The game isn't going to be super artsy fartsy about its narrative and such.
    That's precisely what I'm saying. There's no way to handle Le Seventh Force without going in that direction, and I doubt the writers have the talent to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could think of a gazillion ways this statement is false.

N'Zoth had his essence stored within the Black Blade, and defeat is said to often work in his favour.

Yogg-Saron's presence is felt in in Ulduar.

There have been various references to different cultists trying to bring back the Old Gods.

We just visited the Shadowlands and learned that nothing ever stays dead.

The Old Gods are literal blobs of doom, with tendrils which buried deep into the planet. It is easy to imagine ways they either cling to life somewhere down below, or have linked themselves to the planet by infesting it.

Y'shaarj was "alive" when all that remained was his heart. Clearly they do not require fully operational bodies.
    Let's also not forget that Blizzard can just pull Old God crap out of their butts like they did with Ghuun.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Oh lol, the image got out.
    Guess it was inevitable.
    It's fake:
    Kek! Man I even made it 1:1 with SL's so that it was the dead ringer it's not real, and labeled those on imgur "not real."

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I like this one even better, great job Xaxxas!
    Lol, my thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
    Among those fakes, very few, if not none have custom borders like the Empire of Dragons.
    Of course, they all have added custom elements to borders, for example those ones :
    But the thing is : under the added features (skulls, tentacles), it is ALWAYS the initial border that is shown on the logo, (that's also the case for the Dragonmire logo)
    The only logo that totally custom borders like Shadowlands, BFA, .. is Empire Of Dragons.
    This is the one. I believe it.
    Your examples highlight something important though,
    the only reason EoD is being taken remotely seriously is BECAUSE it's faked with that precise logic in mind.

After Shadowlands, people will only be fooled by completely original logo artwork, (whether or not Blizzard follows this trend we'll see) and that's why that's ALL EoD is. It's designed to be the LAST fake-able option.

I'm no painter, so my technical skill isn't quite where it ought to be to make something like that myself, but we all know a talented Digital Painter, and there are SO many out there who are diehard WoW fans.

Whoever put it together knew damn well that the days of people believing simple Photoshops would be over, and that they're painting talent would somehow be the only trick.
    However, for one of Blizzard's painted pieces, it would be lacking severe polish compared to SL.

I'm seriously dying for an artist more talented to just make a fake painted logo for us, to put EoD to rest as people's snap-to.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I'm not talking about the leaks or the hype around them, I love that too, but those pretty much clinging to their opinions about the leaks as if they were already a confirmed fact.
    I'm completely with you on this

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

not even gonna try to 'leak' but pretend it was, how would you pick it apart?
    *snore*

First impressions are essential. If this is true, then Blizzard has decided to try to attract players by... inviting them to explore the most bland fantasy landscape possible. Showing off literally any other feature of the expansion, like 4th specs or a new class, would be more effective at drawing people in.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as much as people push for Dragon Isles as the next expansion, I just don't think it's likely. The writers seem to be more interested in their "What if the angels were actually baaaaad, and the cthulu void lords weren't actually evil? OOOOOHHHH!", and they already did a dragon heavy expansion with Cata. WoW isn't a stranger to retreading expansion themes (BC being an expansion about fighting green lava demons, and then the Legion expansion. BFA being a retread of the Cata/MoP faction war. Shadowlands retreading Scourge aesthetics), but at least those themes were at least somewhat popular. The dragon subplot was a major part of the first half WoW, and yet I hardly see anyone reminisce about it. People aren't really nostalgic for the Dragonflights. I do believe that an expansion does have to be somewhat appealing to get approval by the marketing department, and pretty much any other idea has more appeal than generic dragons. So I sorta doubt this is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    You seem to be very heavily misunderstanding what I'm saying. What I'm suggesting is that the seventh force will be very disinteresting.

- - - Updated - - -

That's precisely what I'm saying. There's no way to handle Le Seventh Force without going in that direction, and I doubt the writers have the talent to do so.
    And I'm saying it may not lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Also, as much as people push for Dragon Isles as the next expansion, I just don't think it's likely. The writers seem to be more interested in their "What if the angels were actually baaaaad, and the cthulu void lords weren't actually evil? OOOOOHHHH!", and they already did a dragon heavy expansion with Cata. WoW isn't a stranger to retreading expansion themes (BC being an expansion about fighting green lava demons, and then the Legion expansion. BFA being a retread of the Cata/MoP faction war. Shadowlands retreading Scourge aesthetics), but at least those themes were at least somewhat popular. The dragon subplot was a major part of the first half WoW, and yet I hardly see anyone reminisce about it. People aren't really nostalgic for the Dragonflights. I do believe that an expansion does have to be somewhat appealing to get approval by the marketing department, and pretty much any other idea has more appeal than generic dragons. So I sorta doubt this is real.
    I would be interested in an expansion where Titan facilities were turned on us, and we had to stop an Ultron-type adversary hellbent on exterminating all organic life on Azeroth because it views it as a threat, and corrupted by the Old Gods. Kind of like a more scary, determined, sentient, and dangerous version of Mother.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    And I'm saying it may not lol
    Give an example at what such a concept may feasibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I would be interested in an expansion where Titan facilities were turned on us, and we had to stop an Ultron-type adversary hellbent on exterminating all organic life on Azeroth because it views it as a threat, and corrupted by the Old Gods. Kind of like a more scary, determined, sentient, and dangerous version of Mother.
    I too, am a fan of Halo: CE
    343 Warcraft Spark will make a fine addition to this franchise.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Also, as much as people push for Dragon Isles as the next expansion, I just don't think it's likely. The writers seem to be more interested in their "What if the angels were actually baaaaad, and the cthulu void lords weren't actually evil? OOOOOHHHH!"
    That's the crux of it. So many of these "leaks" are written while paying close attention to the lore of the universe, and progressing those narratives respectfully. The current WoW team does neither. Like all too many people who enter a well-established workplace, the current team seems to be engrossed in "making their mark" rather than actually picking up the reins. Some of these leaks need to start stroking their own ego a little if they want to be seen as legitimate.

They need to make retcons. Ignore inconvenient plot points, or simply forget them entirely. Take credit for the well-received bits of history within the universe with a new OC. This is the only way to make it believable.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    That's the crux of it. So many of these "leaks" are written while paying close attention to the lore of the universe, and progressing those narratives respectfully. The current WoW team does neither. Like all too many people who enter a well-established workplace, the current team seems to be engrossed in "making their mark" rather than actually picking up the reins. Some of these leaks need to start stroking their own ego a little if they want to be seen as legitimate.

They need to make retcons. Ignore inconvenient plot points, or simply forget them entirely. Take credit for the well-received bits of history within the universe with a new OC. This is the only way to make it believable.
    I disagree. The best leaks are the ones that are vague, but still seems like it wants to present the story like it's the second coming of Christ.
    Merely being dismissive or praising it into high heavens is a dead giveaway of it being fake. You need that specific blend of humblebrag.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I disagree. The best leaks are the ones that are vague, but still seems like it wants to present the story like it's the second coming of Christ.
    Merely being dismissive or praising it into high heavens is a dead giveaway of it being fake. You need that specific blend of humblebrag.
    Don't get me wrong - it can't come across as cynical or dismissive. It needs to be proud of the pile being presented.

I could think of a gazillion ways this statement is false.

N'Zoth had his essence stored within the Black Blade, and defeat is said to often work in his favour.

Yogg-Saron's presence is felt in in Ulduar.

There have been various references to different cultists trying to bring back the Old Gods.

We just visited the Shadowlands and learned that nothing ever stays dead.

The Old Gods are literal blobs of doom, with tendrils which buried deep into the planet. It is easy to imagine ways they either cling to life somewhere down below, or have linked themselves to the planet by infesting it.

Y'shaarj was "alive" when all that remained was his heart. Clearly they do not require fully operational bodies.
    They are as dead as Y'shaarj was during MoP. Which is pretty fucking dead. Y'shaarj was considered dead after being plucked.

Old Gods can still exert some type of influence (Qiraji still being active, saronite still having effect, Sha still spawning) while dead, but they are dead.

It's not easy for them to come back else Cho'gal wouldn't have tried so hard to resurrect C'thun. They are dead. The fact that cultists try to bring the Old Gods back kind of implies that they are dead.

There is nothing indicating that they are alive. There's quest text, dialogue (such as Yogg literally saying that the shadow of corpse will choke the land) and developer interviews that indicate that they are dead.

The Old Gods are dead. Just because they are called "Old Gods" does not mean that they aren't killable. We didn't destroy an "avatar" of them, we didn't just "put them to sleep", they are dead.

Can they come back? Sure. Blizzard can think of a million ass pulls to bring them back. Death is meaningless. But as of at the moment, they are dead. They are as dead as Uther or Draka or Vashj are. They are as dead as Kil'Jaeden or Archimonde are.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

not even gonna try to 'leak' but pretend it was, how would you pick it apart?

It's lovely, but the problem is that it's the exact same than that Shadowlands leak

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    It's lovely, but the problem is that it's the exact same than that Shadowlands leak

There are some differences, actually.

Also its an admitted fake.