Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Not to say that he would be inactive, but that he would base his plans on having insider knowledge in a sense, rather than trying to make him this hyperintelligent chessmaster.
    Even completely overdone tropes can be done well, and the concept of a villain that knows how to take advantage of situations as they pop up are a somewhat rare treat in modern writing, especially with a twist like that.
    That's how I pictured my own take on the character, certainly. I figure that would be a far more interesting villain.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Then we had the guy pretending to be a dev that literally GUESSED 8.2.5 and 8.3 with enough accuracy to make people discuss the possibility of him being legit when in reality the closest he has to a blizz connection is his dumbass cousin that lasted about 6 months.
    Was it the "leak" about the (really cool) transforming worgen heritage armor?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    That’s uhhh not a concept. It comes from a concept but that’s really it. As for the others…well that’s not really the whole ordeal in terms of wtf Ephemera is lol
    See that's where you're getting turned around. I wasn't talking about Ephemera, I was talking that WoW has something it can reposition as their answer to Dynamis.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I have to admit that this year is relatively muted. Although that's to be expected, given the current state of the game and that we have no hard date of when we'll actually learn about the expansion.
    It’s muted because all the fakers don’t know when to start. With Blizzcon we always had a set date for an announcement and everybody knew that creating a fake leak around that time would get buzz.

Right now we have no idea when the next expansion is announced. The moment we know the date for the reveal, leaks will come way faster. Right now a leak is just hit and miss.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It’s muted because all the fakers don’t know when to start. With Blizzcon we always had a set date for an announcement and everybody knew that creating a fake leak around that time would get buzz.

Right now we have no idea when the next expansion is announced. The moment we know the date for the reveal, leaks will come way faster. Right now a leak is just hit and miss.
    I'm going to find it hilarious when one big leak dropped, everyone blew their loads, and we're gonna end up waiting until April for a reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm going to find it hilarious when one big leak dropped, everyone blew their loads, and we're gonna end up waiting until April for a reveal.
    I find it unlikely we are going to go further than the end of February before ew at least have a firm date on when the expect the announcement, if not have it announced already.
    I would guess we are looking at a 10.0 announcement right after Mythic Zovaal is defeated.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I find it unlikely we are going to go further than the end of February before ew at least have a firm date on when the expect the announcement, if not have it announced already.
    I would guess we are looking at a 10.0 announcement right after Mythic Zovaal is defeated.
    An announcement right at the end of February would be a good opportunity to counter Guild Wars 2‘s expansion.

You know, I honestly think that the Jailer would have been more interesting if they really leant into the whole "predetermined universe" aspect.
    Imagine if his plans for escaping the Maw were literally just waiting until everything fell into place. He knows that he will eventually escape and get to Zereth Mortis, so instead of exerting much effort he just wait patiently for minions to come to him.

Would havegiven a neat twist to his character if nothing else.
    For me it really is just a problem of framing; He really has had an eternity to plan, withe the Nathrezim working for him sowing chaos. All it needed it was to be about that winning roll finally.

But nothing on his characterization suggests that, it's all framed as it was all according to keikaku. That's what's boring. Things could have happened pretty much the same way, but instead of being presented as one big convoluted plan it could have been 1000 little ones that clicked into place.

Like imagine if the Helm of Domination was a side project, the main plan being manipulate Sargeras. So maybe the plan was for Zovaal to have a way to manifest on the mortal plane and that was the reason the Helm was crafted. But it didn't work as intented, because the will of the wearer was too much interference.

But then Zovaal realized that the helm itself has created a connection between the real of the living and the death through all the magic it has channeled, so then the plan to use the Helm itself to open a gate forms.

All it needed was to not be a 5D chess game, instead of showing it as Zovaal taking the opportunities as it happened, bonus point if it is actually Denathrius the one that catches these things and Zovaal has just been delegating the whole time.

We really don’t know. It should have been 3 months ago. It can be any day now or basically just at Gamescom later this year. We simply don’t know yet.

I'll admit I'm surprised we've gone the length of January with nothing.

I expected expansion announcement in the first week or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    My stance remains 9.2 drops late Feb, 10.0 reveal probably around the turn of April.

That way they can use 9.2, the raid, world first, and 10.0 reveal all right alongside XIV's patch run-up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    An announcement right at the end of February would be a good opportunity to counter Guild Wars 2‘s expansion.
    Oh interesting, yeah I'm doubling down on 9.2 at the end of February.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt we'll get any 10.0 info until after 9.2's release day. Could be wrong and earlier but unlikely.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I still believe in the two next Tuesdays being crucial moments.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I doubt we'll get any 10.0 info until after 9.2's release day. Could be wrong and earlier but unlikely.
    Still of the idea SL ending is so tied to the next expansion you can't talk about the latter without spoiling the former

Oh interesting, yeah I'm doubling down on 9.2 at the end of February.
    Yeah, I find 9.2 at the end of February more likely than the 10.0 announcement at that time. This would make 9.2 release on February 22.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Still of the idea SL ending is so tied to the next expansion you can't talk about the latter without spoiling the former
    Antorus came out a few weeks after BfA announcement and the ending was tied too. It will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Was it the "leak" about the (really cool) transforming worgen heritage armor?
    No he had the leak for 10.0 being dragon isles and dragonsworn but in the post he had 8.2.5 and general 8.3 info it’s Razorpax leak in the 9.0 spreadsheet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Antorus came out a few weeks after BfA announcement and the ending was tied too. It will be fine.
    Especially if the triggering event is during our SL adventure and they are vague about the connection

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Oh come on, there's a HUGE difference between "There's a dangerous entity beyond the realm of death"
    It isn't "There's a dangerous entity beyond the realm of death", it's "there are multiple, ancient, Titan-level or near-Titan-level beings in the Shadowlands specifically". In the same expansion where Sylvanas is seen making a shady deal with that same person who pointed out that those beings exist, and the same expansion where a mysterious spirit of questionable intent makes Sylvanas the warchief in setup for BfA. I don't even know how this is up for debate, we already know that they chart out the general plot points for expansions 2+ in advance, because they start the initial devleopment of the expansion after next while doing the development for the next expansion.

Tom Chilton explicitly stated prior to WoD's release that they had the next six or seven expansions already conceptualized with a planned timeline they could then adjust and play with.

It's just insane that people think they sat down making Legion, knew that the next expansion was going to be a naval war expansion where Sylvanas was a large player, and knew that Sylvanas was making deals with Helya, and opened Legion with mysterious spirits convincing Vol'jin to make Slyvanas warchief, and explicitly planted the information that there are Titan-like beings in the Shadowlands, and knew that Shadowlands was probably going to be the expansion after next.... yet sOmEHoW it's totally impossible that they planned to have a super-powerful being in the Shadowlands pulling the strings for events on Azeroth back during the development of that expansion.

than making the Jailer be responsible for pretty much everything that has happened in WoW.
    He isn't though. Not sure why people keep parroting this factually incorrect nonsense. Basically all that was changed was who the Dreadlords were actually loyal to, something that has always been in question since even in both versions of the Legion's origin, they exist independently of Sargeras and have their own agenda; and the nature of the corrupting, malevolent force associated with the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne, which prior to this had just been some vague "evil".

A lot of people are believing the "Dragon Isles" leak & it being the actual name of the expansion. They would never use that kind of title.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I was pretty sure BfA was announced after Antorus