Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Oneshotting brainafk mobs isnt fun.
    Yes, and you don't 1-shot things when you are leveling. You 1-shot things when you're max level going back to leveling zones.

To get a bit challanged can be fun for some people.

Explain to me where the challenge is going back to leveling zones and doing the quests you didn't do while leveling, but with the quests + quest mobs being the same level as you.

Taking 5 more seconds to kill something you would otherwise kill in a 1-shot is challenging?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Yes, and you don't 1-shot things when you are leveling. You 1-shot things when you're max level going back to leveling zones.

Explain to me where the challenge is going back to leveling zones and doing the quests you didn't do while leveling, but with the quests + quest mobs being the same level as you.

Taking 5 more seconds to kill something you would otherwise kill in a 1-shot is challenging?
    You didnt do the quests cause ur level went to high and chromietime just stopped?! Istn that hard to figure out.

The fun part is that you need to spent some attention, depens on gear, class and your skill/knowledge. It would be nice if blizzard tune this whole chromietime/timewalking for max level more challenging, because its always undertuned and boring as an experienced player. But if its hard again, so you cant pull 10+ mobs kill them and need to pay attention it could be fun to relive the old zones & questchains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    You didnt do the quests cause ur level went to high and chromietime just stopped?! Istn that hard to figure out.
    So according to you, because you didn't do the quest while you were leveling or Chromie Time kicked you out, the challenge is the following:

The fun part is that you need to spent some attention, depens on gear, class and your skill/knowledge.
    It would be nice if blizzard tune this whole chromietime/timewalking for max level more challenging, because its always undertuned and boring as an experienced player. But if its hard again, so you cant pull 10+ mobs kill them and need to pay attention it could be fun to relive the old zones & questchains.

You speak as if this is Classic WoW and pulling 2 kobolds at a time can kill you. This has not been a factor in retail WoW for a very, very long time.

You also speak as if it was hard before in retail WoW to level. It wasn't. It's significantly harder to level by virtue of things taking longer to kill (and your character being killed easier) in Classic WoW.

You've been been playing Classic WoW a lot lately haven't you.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-01-25 at 03:18 PM.

For all the good of the lvling rework, I still find that mega annoying how this dragon girl just teleports you back to the capital once you've reached 60. Especially when there's a plant or ore spot not far.

Two things that need attention:
    - When you choose a xpac to level in then you can only find dungeons from the xpax in the dungeon finder. Only when you have been 15 minute in the queue then a popup asks if youi want to extend your search to other dungeons as well. Please add a option to immediately look for all possible dungeons.
    - And additionally, although scaling is active, it still has the same dungeon progression list as before. Meaning for example in pandaria you will only get Temple and Mogushan, all other instances are so high level that not enough people are queued for them, or are so long in the queue that they get "downgraded" again to join one of those starting dungeons. I did both 10 times and haven't seen a single other dungeon until 48. So since dungeons are scaled anyway, remove any level restriction and just pick one at random when a full group is available.
    - I chose to leave my xpac at level 48, to start wod and unlock the garrison (and get the hearthstone). But at 48 Chromie no longer offers you a new Chromie time, yet the maw skip is available only from 50 onwards. So extend Chromie time to be able to switch until level 50.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    For all the good of the lvling rework, I still find that mega annoying how this dragon girl just teleports you back to the capital once you've reached 60. Especially when there's a plant or ore spot not far.
    I mean to be fair are you really going to go back and do old professions?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I mean to be fair are you really going to go back and do old professions?
    Some old engineering gadgets are still "must-have" to me and I would like one of my character to get the cooking title of Chief

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    One of the big changes of Shadowlands was Chromie Time and the Level Squish.
    You would be able to play through a whole expansion rather than having to leave it half way through. Or so it seemed. After you reach Level 50 you get locked out of Chromie Time and the scaling changes back to normal which means you one shot everything in your way.

This whole system seems flawed and pointless because to play through a whole expansion I would have to lock xp gains at Level 49 to stay in Chromie time. Or just not use it at all since the zones already scale and I can lock xp at any level I want. Blizz should either change the leveling speed to be slower or give you an option to stay in Chromie Time when you reach level 50.
    Which was the literal point.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Some old engineering gadgets are still "must-have" to me and I would like one of my character to get the cooking title of Chief
    yeah but it's a single node. annoying, slightly, but it will be a lot easier farming that stuff out of Chromie Time than in

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    yeah but it's a single node. annoying, slightly, but it will be a lot easier farming that stuff out of Chromie Time than in
    Yes, it's a really minor inconvenience. It's just the idea of being forced out of a game activity I'm enjoying. Like who are you, Parental Control ?

1. Make a starter account, create char, group up with your max level char.
    2. Turn on party sync
    3. Quit game on starter char and quest with your max

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    For me chromietime should be extended to max lvl after you got 1 character on max lvl, because god please i wont do shadowlands questing again
    This seems like a good compromise, though honestly, having a way to stay in Chromie Time sounds like it would be beneficial as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Not everyone wants to one shot things while questing. It wouldn't really be that bad of an idea to add a max level version of Chromie time that let's you go through the expansions at level and enjoy the pace of it all. One shotting everything drastically destroys intended timing of how things work.
    Honestly one of the issues I have with story telling in WoW is the difficulty while leveling is inherently very easy. It's very difficult for me to feel the impact of a story when I finally come up to the big bad boss of the questline and I only need to drool over my keyboard to beat them.

Going from level cap to Chromie time is like going from very easy to easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    One of the big changes of Shadowlands was Chromie Time and the Level Squish.
    You would be able to play through a whole expansion rather than having to leave it half way through. Or so it seemed. After you reach Level 50 you get locked out of Chromie Time and the scaling changes back to normal which means you one shot everything in your way.

This whole system seems flawed and pointless because to play through a whole expansion I would have to lock xp gains at Level 49 to stay in Chromie time. Or just not use it at all since the zones already scale and I can lock xp at any level I want. Blizz should either change the leveling speed to be slower or give you an option to stay in Chromie Time when you reach level 50.
    That was the intention of Chromie time all along? You play till 50, you then get sent to current content. Chromie time has always been meant for catching up.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The solution is super simple: after you hit 50, block all XP gains in Chromie Time. And if you use Chromie time while being above 50, you're scaled back to 50.
    I don't think they would extend Chromie time above level 50 (even if you already have level 60), because they probably want the current expansion zones alive with players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

This might be a bit shocking to you, but some people enjoy leveling and questing, and don't want it to be a complete roflstomp. Maybe it isn't 'challenging' like Mage Tower or Mythic+ or what have you, but as long as it's engaging enough not to be completely braindead, some people will continue like it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's a really minor inconvenience. It's just the idea of being forced out of a game activity I'm enjoying. Like who are you, Parental Control ?
    I mean you can always go back and finish it. Nothing stopping you

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This might be a bit shocking to you, but some people enjoy leveling and questing, and don't want it to be a complete roflstomp. Maybe it isn't 'challenging' like Mage Tower or Mythic+ or what have you, but as long as it's engaging enough not to be completely braindead, some people will continue like it.
    And some people like chewing their toe nails and spitting them out to re-create the Etchmiadzin Cathedral. Not sure we cater to those people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This might be a bit shocking to you, but some people enjoy leveling and questing,

Then they can create alt characters and go back and level and quest. How would this affect those who are max So... not really shocking. Pretty business as usual for this game.

Your argument is for people who reach max level, either choose not to do max level content for whatever reason they have or choose to do max level content as well as the option to go back and do leveling quests again? Just because they enjoy leveling and questing?

There is a clear cut option for that: go make another toon and level.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-01-26 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Then they can create alt characters and go back and level and quest. How would this affect those who are max So... not really shocking. Pretty business as usual for this game.

Your argument is for people who reach max level, either choose not to do max level content for whatever reason they have or choose to do max level content as well as the option to go back and do leveling quests again? Just because they enjoy leveling and questing?

There is a clear cut option for that: go make another toon and level.
    ??? Level 50 isn't max level. Level 50 is still ten levels away from max level. What's wrong with letting them level all the way to max level via Chromie Time?