Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    about the guy in this thread regularly broadcasting COVID deaths in America:

wait, you people hold Trump accountable for all the millions of deaths even now?
    Do you want to pretend that a year of pretending the virus wasn't something we should take seriously hasn't continued to effect Republican policy-making?

10+ Year Old Account

wait, you people hold Trump accountable for all the millions of deaths even now?
    We've been covering COVID updates ITT since well before Trump left office. @Benggaul has literally hundreds of posts detailing this information going back to almost the beginning of the spread in the US.

But also...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Former Guy
    It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Fallout from the last administration's shitty decisions that got us to this point.

But you knew this. This whole 'Oh I was born yesterday so I have no idea what's going on~' shtick is getting tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Fallout from the last administration's shitty decisions that got us to this point.

But you knew this. This whole 'Oh I was born yesterday so I have no idea what's going on~' shtick is getting tiring.
    no, not really. It's just he doesn't show any guilt or remorse, which indicates he has the will to believe he did no wrong given he's never shown any signs of sweating.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Abso-fucking-lutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, not really. It's just he doesn't show any guilt or remorse, which indicates he has the will to believe he did no wrong given he's never shown any signs of sweating.
    It doesn't indicate that at all. What a ridiculous notion.

Trump doesn't show guilt or remorse because he's both a narcissist and a moron, neither of which indicates strength of will. He's just so stupid that he believes his own pathological lies.

It's pretty telling that you confuse those traits with "will".

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    you people hold Trump accountable for all the millions of deaths
    There have not been "millions of deaths" to COVID in the USA. COVID misinformation is not welcome on these forums.

Okay but that's worse. You get how that's worse, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There have not been "millions of deaths" to COVID in the USA. COVID misinformation is not welcome on these forums.
    Strictly speaking it's possible there have been depending on the degree of under-counting, insofar as "more than one million" is technically "millions."
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2022-01-27 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Strictly speaking it's possible there have been depending on the degree of under-counting, insofar as "more than one million" is technically "millions."
    1,000,001 would be considered millions? I'd think the break-off point would be 2 million. By that logic, a baker's dozen is "dozens of donuts" even though you're only receiving 13. My 101 year-old grandma was hundreds of years old when she died. YUPPIE has thousands of brain cells. We all know none of these things are true.

We now stop talking about people's crimes and failures if they don't show guilt?
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    We now stop talking about people's crimes and failures if they don't show guilt?
    no it's just interesting how most people when accused of lesser things will show signs of stress or uncertainity. Trump is completely unfazed at anything, even the capitol riot. He even held a rally slamming Biden a few weeks ago.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    no it's just--
    That's not an apology. That's not a retraction. You lied about COVID deaths. Get this misinformation off these forums.

10+ Year Old Account

If the mayor of a city blows up the dam and causes massive flooding before being voted out and the new mayor is still trying to clean up and work on getting the dam rebuilt even though there's still occasional flooding coming through since the flow's no longer managed, then yeah. We still blame the mayor who blew up the dam.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither has Charles Manson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    We still blame the mayor who blew up the dam.
    Incidentally, if the mayor shows no remorse or regret, we do not say "the mayor was innocent". We say "the mayor is still guilty, but now we also know he's insane".

Look at it this way: Tucker Carlson is going on TV and taking Russia's side against Ukraine. Why? because Trump likes Russia, and Tucker is doing everything he can to prove that Trump was RIGHT about Russia.
    All these republicans are doing the same thing with COVID: Trump was right to not take COVID seriously, so they are doing everything they can to show it's not that big a deal. It's about proving Trump was right all along, and rubbing it in our faces (and dying in the process)

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...orm-to-proceed

Ya'll remember the WinRed fundraising platform that was the Republicans response to Democratic efforts?

Well, it's been in some trouble for sending out donation request forms for pre-checked boxes, which is a no-no, especially given that they were doing this on a weekly/monthly basis.

New York, Connecticut, Maryland, and Minnesota AG's began investigating if any laws were broken, WinRed sued arguing that campaign finance laws are federal and the AG's don't have standing to investigate under consumer protection laws.

Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison and others, saying that federal election law "does not preempt generally applicable state consumer protection laws merely because the state seeks to apply them to a federally registered political committee."
    They lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    WinRed sued
    Man, I know it's a legal right to prevent corruption and abuse, but there sure does seem to be a lot of Team Trump suing law enforcement investigating all those laws they broke.

- - - Updated - - -

So remember when Trump said he had 33% GDP growth and it was the most amazing thing ever?

Well, 2021's figures are in. With the final quarter closing out strong, Biden's 2021 GDP growth (5.6% whole year) is now better than any year Trump ever had.

*ahem*

Any two years.

GDP growth was, in order, according to the World Bank, 2.333% 2.996% 2.161% and then 2020 happened. No pairing of any two of those three, adds up to 5.6%.

"But Breccia! You spent at least a year saying Trump wasn't responsible for 2017! Hell, you've even posted a few times that 2020 and 2021 were more the free market than any direction from the top!"

I did, yes, thank you for noticing hypothetical reader. And I stand by that, even when Biden saw historic recovery in 2021. Of course, I wasn't the one bragging that only I could get bigly GDP numbers. That was Trump, who never broke 3%. Therefore I have every right to rub it in their faces that, even by their own leader's metric, he is a loser. Even without COVID he never hit his goal, and now, if Trump can take credit for his higher results -- and he did, we have 4,000 pages of material about Trump taking credit for things -- then Trump and by proxy his rabid fanbase must now admit Biden just schooled him in broad freaking daylight.

"Surely it was Trump's fault when it was good, and someone else's fault when it was bad?"

Around here, we call that "hypocrisy". And that's not a defense, that's admitting to losing while also volunteering a poor character trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Neither a lawyer nor a Constitutional scholar, but pretty sure the 1872 Amnesty Act won't help unless Rep. Cawthorn is 150 years old.

Unless this lawyer is able to convince a court Andrew Johnson, no longer our worst President, was pre-emptively pardoning all insurrectionists for the next two centuries.
    That does not add up. The Act is from 1872 when Grant had been president for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That does not add up. The Act is from 1872 when Grant had been president for 3 years.
    It was also an act passed by Congress, and wasn't the President using his pardon powers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It was also an act passed by Congress, and wasn't the President using his pardon powers.
    That makes Breccia's quote double fishy.