Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    While sounding science fiction, it's a very real possibility.
    *SNIP*

While some may have issue with it, we've never really faced that type of antagonist before, and it could be an interesting direction to take the story. I know some are already expressing complaints about a dragon story or a cosmic story. This would be something fresh for the franchise.
    I love this idea.

Seventh force is Xel'naga. They created First Ones, best known as Protoss, the firstborn, and ascended Protoss created Six Forces and Warcraft Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh yay, they introduce a 7th cosmic force because six hasn't been enough already. They're already preparing us for the masters behind the Void lords it seems, lol.
    Technically not really added
    We have the cosmic map which has the 6 forces surrounding Azeroth and Azeroth is in the area labeled reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would Titan tech be for Tinkers when Tinkers have nothing to do with Titan tech? Is that what you've been thinking this entire time? The only reason I brought up Titan tech is because it relates to Old Gods and Dragons on multiple levels. In fact, their lores are intertwined.

Full of Titan tech, and it's the tech that is imprisoning the Old Gods.

He was enough of an Old God to be a significant threat and be imprisoned by the Titans. The point is that Blizzard can completely make up and bring a new Old God into the storyline if they need to.

Just because I view EoD as the strongest leak, doesn't mean that I wouldn't prefer a MoP-style expansion.
    Ghuun was created in Uldir

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    We have the cosmic map which has the 6 forces surrounding Azeroth and Azeroth is in the area labeled reality.
    Working as the First One's proxy, the titans ordered the universe into six groups. Separating these forces into 6 easily defined groups. The seventh would simply be what came before, the First Ones themselves, or it is simply the rejection of their machinations.

Seems like this potential "7" antagonist will either a force that combines these forces against the First One's design, or "The Dark One" referred to in the Elune storyline, perhaps some sort of pre-creation evil entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Working as the First One's proxy, the titans ordered the universe into six groups. Separating these forces into 6 easily defined groups. The seventh would simply be what came before, the First Ones themselves, or it is simply the rejection of their machinations.

Seems like this potential "7" antagonist will either a force that combines these forces against the First One's design, or "The Dark One" referred to in the Elune storyline, perhaps some sort of pre-creation evil entity.
    That might be what was told to us via the Titans but as the brokers pointed out the Titans are just full of themselves

Or fallen First One.

Working as the First One's proxy, the titans ordered the world into six groups. Separating these forces into 6 easily defined groups. The seventh would simply be what came before, the First Ones themselves, or it is simply the rejection of their machinations.

From the new document the seventh is the totality of the other six. The six we know are one side of the coin, reality in total is the other, which is why when one is knocked off it screws everything. Which I suppose is an extremely sequitous way to explaining why the division is barely adhered to and every source can do pretty much whatever. They overlap because they are part of the same thing. WC3 did it without having to jump through a million hoops by simply not explaining it, but hey, as far as explanations go it's fine.

It also goes on about how the powers are incomplete and complement one another, like how the Light sees only in one direction and the Void sees all opportunities and neither is self-sustaining. Ergo when the Bald Man goes on about the flawed design he's not just dispensing bland villain diatribes but is right in so far as he's bitching about how he's part of an incomplete buggy program that was never meant to work together and it's why his ultimate goal is to bring everything into an orderly, complete alignment and his entire plan hinges on abusing various loopholes in the system to see it through. So what he means by remaking reality is actually something very specific which is the total alignment of the powers into a singular whole instead of incomplete and self-contradicting portions that fight against each other.

It sure would be nice if this was present in something other than a word document from some jackass (who previously also existed only in a word document from Tazavesh) since it's the kind of trippy worldbuilding that this kind of setting really should commit to. Or if the Bald Man brought it up explicitly instead of speaking chiefly in cliches. Souls-like storytelling only works because Souls games are arch and lack dialogue and also drip with style, whereas WoW has neither atmosphere and style and is the opposite of arch, being full of frivolous dialogue which could easily be replaced by bits pertinent to the plot.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-01-27 at 05:02 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

It's quite absurd that they keep creating new mysterious entities and forces because all the existing ones are, well, known.

It's almost like using Lovecraft-like cosmic threats as frequent villains in a game in which you punch things to death doesn't work somehow. Who could have guessed.

So I’m going to assume the first ones are essentially like a pantheon
    We have the pantheon
    We have the eternal ones
    We have the void lords which I’m hoping is one being with multiple personalities lol
    We have the pantheon of life with Elune
    I’m assuming the light has a very big naaru with little naaru following it

That might be what was told to us via the Titans but as the brokers pointed out the Titans are just full of themselves
    Irrelevant. It really does not matter if the Titans ordered the universe via the First One's instructions or the First Ones ordered the universe & the Titans just took credit for it. The idea that there was a time before the order existed is what matters here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Seventh force is Xel'naga. They created First Ones, best known as Protoss, the firstborn, and ascended Protoss created Six Forces and Warcraft Universe.

No /10chars
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's quite absurd that they keep creating new mysterious entities and forces because all the existing ones are, well, known.

It's almost like using Lovecraft-like cosmic threats as frequent villains in a game in which you punch things to death doesn't work somehow. Who could have guessed.
    They are still suffering the consequences of explaining and trivializing the Titans with Chronicle and Legion which is why they've now made the First Ones as what are basically pre-Chronicle Titans, complete with using machine like forges to fuck around with reality and create sentient beings out of templates.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

So I’m going to assume the first ones are essentially like a pantheon
    We have the pantheon
    We have the eternal ones
    We have the void lords which I’m hoping is one being with multiple personalities lol
    We have the pantheon of life with Elune
    I’m assuming the light has a very big naaru with little naaru following it
    Why would you assume one specific administrative formation exists for all of these? It's safe to assume DISCORD had no authority figure at all until Sargeras took up that role as a monarch of that cosmic force.

Have we discussed what was mentioned in an interview a while back. If i remember someone let it slip by accident something called "The Clockmaker" which I guess the one True God being in the warcraft universe that is even responsible for the first ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Have we discussed what was mentioned in an interview a while back. If i remember someone let it slip by accident something called "The Clockmaker" which I guess the one True God being in the warcraft universe that is even responsible for the first ones.
    First I'm hearing of this.

Why would Titan tech be for Tinkers when Tinkers have nothing to do with Titan tech? Is that what you've been thinking this entire time? The only reason I brought up Titan tech is because it relates to Old Gods and Dragons on multiple levels. In fact, their lores are intertwined.
    Yeah... i'm not buying it. There's always a motive with you.

Full of Titan tech, and it's the tech that is imprisoning the Old Gods.
    Actually, the magical chains are.

He was enough of an Old God to be a significant threat and be imprisoned by the Titans. The point is that Blizzard can completely make up and bring a new Old God into the storyline if they need to.
    They made him in the first place, by experimenting on living creatures.
    And i agree. Xal'atath could be a 5th (or 6th) Old God.

Just because I view EoD as the strongest leak, doesn't mean that I wouldn't prefer a MoP-style expansion.
    If MoP styled expansion happens and introduces the Blademaster, you gonna rage or what?

No, why would I? I'm talking about a different subject in mind, papi.
    Papi? Papi chulo?

The fact that Tinkers will be 10.0's new class is irrelevant to my topic at hand.
    Of course... should have expected that.

And then the clockmaker maker. And then, the maker of all makers. And then the creator that created the maker of all makers. And then... pfff, i got tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    First I'm hearing of this.
    I'll see if i can find the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    They are still suffering the consequences of explaining and trivializing the Titans with Chronicle and Legion which is why they've now made the First Ones as what are basically pre-Chronicle Titans, complete with using machine like forges to fuck around with reality and create sentient beings out of templates.
    While there could be some depth to a cyclical or recursive story, in which the main characters keep discovering that their creators were also creations, in this case it seems like they wanted to make a big reveal, couldn't come up with anything clever, and chose to repeat the same reveal that they made in WotLK, just an order of magnitude higher.

"Turns out, not only are we sentient machines that defied our makers, but our makers are sentient machines that defied theirs!"

Maybe they're just trying to kickstart the AIs of their NPCs, Westworld style. Imagine Skynet happening because of some poorly written game lore.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2022-01-27 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I have been wondering whether they are going to re-retcon the titans into being more than just the pantheon of order like Chronicles said they were.
    They are afterall clearly in the living world, and not the realm of order which has to exist somewhere, so I wouldn't think it impossible if they got a new twist as second generation first ones (second ones?) To exist specifically as the pantheon of the 7th cosmic force in opposition to the 6 we know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    While there could be some depth to a cyclical or recursive story, in which the main characters keep discovering that their creators were also creations, in this case it seems like they wanted to make a big reveal, couldn't come up with anything clever, and chose to repeat the same reveal that they made in WotLK, just an order of magnitude higher.

"Turns out, not only are we sentient machines that defied our makers, but our makers are sentient machines that defied theirs!"

Maybe they're just trying to kickstart the AIs of their NPCs, Westworld style. Imagine Skynet happening because of some terribly written game lore.
    It definitely seems to me like the writers are suffering from a classic case of valuing the big shocking reveal higher than the actual process leading up to it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by therewillbedragons View Post
    cross faction is in. group through group finder only. could talk in party/raid chat but not in open world or public channels. no xfaction guilds.
    Odd indeed. Considering it wouldn't even address the one problem its supposed to fix.

Going to have to /doubt this one.