Just an amazing series. Especially liked the ending. I look forward to continuing

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, the rumor was correct earlier...
    Burn it and salt the ground after, then through in some balefire for good measure. It seems credible enough, however their description of season one seems a bit wonky. We didn't get the coming of age thing, we didn't get the 'testing relationships' or is that how they sum up Rand mooning over Egwene and Nynaeve telling everyone Perrin fancies Egwene? I really don't need more Moiraine in my life to justify hiring Rosamund Pike.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The pic is from dragonmount. The one posting was the same that rumored episode 8. So it shouldn't come as a surprise if accurate.
    ah. hence the spelling errors and weird phrasing. the plot points may or may not be true, but the way its written - smacks of personal bias. taking it as confirmed, even though they were right... once? ALSO smacks of personal bias, though that is not surprising given that its coming from you. /shrug

we do know that they plan on pulling from book 2 and 3 both for season 2, that has been confirmed by showrunner. also, deaths of characters that do not die in books have been confirmed, though we don't know which characters. could be Rafe being extra dumb about fan reactions. could be Rafe misdirecting so when deaths do not happen, fans feel relieved and grateful. who knows before we actualy see the season.

my biggest concern is this particular quote from Rafe

but a big majority of our audience is people who don't know anything about the books and aren't even necessarily fantasy fans. That's a really gratifying thing to see
    this tells me that despite my hopes otherwise, he IS very much aiming for the next game of thrones (that fantasy show for people who do not like fantasy), and him being happy that show is watched mostly by non fans of the books - doesn't bode well to just how much he is going to diverge from them.

and stuff like this

We only add new stories when we need to. In season 1, we really needed to emotionally explain mythological things about Aes Sedai and Warders, so we had to add story there. We'll obviously have to add story for Moiraine and Lan (Daniel Henney) because they're basically sidelined for a couple books, but we're not going to put Rosamund Pike on the bench.
    but.... still the hate and the gloating and the misattributions and just general attitudes from some of you are just... guys... get a life maybe? I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    We need to stop engaging the trolls mate, it isn't worth it.
    Gotta agree. Rafesworn not worth it.

Those that read the material knew what went down.

- - - Updated - - -

15+ Year Old Account
    Stating that details don't matter is trolling, the reasons someone does something can be just as if not more important than the thing they do, hence why we have murder 1, second degree, manslaughter, etc. You ignoring details because they don't align with whatever agenda you want to push is trolling. I am done with you.
    But the details don't matter in this instance because the statement about the show does not currently contradict those details. It didn't say his entire life he hated the tower only that he was the last one to challenge the female supremacy of the tower which is objectively true as you, and others, have pointed out. Again you are arguing that a murder can't be called a murder because they lived X amount of years as a non-murder.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-01-26 at 04:56 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Sorry, but what? Since when do you call the adventures of a bunch of people in their early Twenties a "coming of age" story...... like, you missed the mark by a good half decade or more there friend. A "coming of age" story is about a kid growing into being an adult, not an adult becoming slightly more worldly because they are forced to leave home.....

If true, it also sounds like they are going to completely skip the whole Betrayal / Enslaved by the Seanchan story arc for Egwene, since her and Nynaeve spend a grand total of like a week "traversing being Novices" in the book before that all went down if memory serves.

Going to be really interesting to see if Rafe has the balls to actually properly do Seanchan society, with the leashed ones and slave servitude that makes the absolute worst moments of the american south look positively friendly by comparison. Somehow I get the feeling that he won't get even vaguely close to the books. Wonder if they will actually do the "monster" elements of their army. Seem to remember they had the giant evil Toad things (Grolm?) and some kind of Lizard/Chocobo type critter as combat animals in parts of their forces.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, to be fair, he never actually went "completely" hostile against the tower on his own though. The Consolidation of Randland under Hawkwings "Empire" never involved the White Tower, and he ruled that Empire for nearly 20+ years before he was manipulated into his crusade against the Tower by one of the forsaken.

I am also not sure it's really appropriate to call the stuff that wend down on the Seanchan continent a contest between Aes Sedai either. Just because you are able to channel doesn't make you Aes Sedai, and even if they still went by the title, there's a pretty good case to be made that "Aes Sedai of the Tower" and "Rogue Aes Sedai" from other places are two separate things.
    The original story was a coming of age story however rafe of time aged up the characters and basically got rid of any innocence they have so it certainly isn't anymore.

Also the white tower doesn't hold supremacy it has a lot of power and influence but there are countries that are not under their sway and those that pay lip service as well. If the white tower held supremacy many of the events that happen in the books couldn't happen because it would be aes sedai puppets being displaced rather than rulers which would bring the full weight of the tower down on the replacer.
    Last edited by Xath; 2022-01-26 at 10:29 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    The original story was a coming of age story however rafe of time aged up the characters and basically got rid of any innocence they have so it certainly isn't anymore.

Also the white tower doesn't hold supremacy it has a lot of power and influence but there are countries that are not under their sway and those that pay lip service as well. If the white tower held supremacy many of the events that happen in the books couldn't happen because it would be aes sedai puppets being displaced rather than rulers which would bring the full weight of the tower down on the replacer.
    Agree 100% There is no meaningful character growth at all in season 1 (don't mention the waste of time the Stephen arc was)... as for challenging female supremacy, that is not what Hawking did. He went for the Aes Sedai, not for women in particular and not BECAUSE they were women.

Also, I get that Hawking's feats are in the past at the time of season 2, but the white tower doesn't feel like it has any supremacy at all in the show. There is a whitecloak inquisitor operating in the open under the white tower's very nose. That doesn't sound like an organisation that projects any signficant power. Imo they are actually portrayed a bit to weak.
    Last edited by Mazza; 2022-01-26 at 11:09 PM.

Why are you so mad about the tv series being more popular and entertaining than the book series, you are not going to get the story from the book no matter how much you complain about it, WoT isnt the most interesting story as it is, shanara chronicles is a much better story and world.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    shanara chronicles is a much better story and world.
    Agreed, just like NASA Kids Club has much better gameplay and graphics than Star Citizen.

Why are you so mad about the tv series being more popular and entertaining than the book series.
    Not that I should have to point this out, but it's a bit of a stretch to conclusively argue that the TV series is "more popular and entertaining" than the book series when we have absolutely no way to realistically quantify how much of that "popularity" is due to the simple fact that TV is a vastly more accessible and easier to consume form of media VS written books. Being able to binge watch WoT in a weekend while only half paying attention to what's going on isn't exactly a great measurement of if a thing is actually "popular", regardless of how many people might actually watch it, if we have no idea why they are watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Agreed, just like NASA Kids Club has much better gameplay and graphics than Star Citizen.
    Star Citizen is superior gameplay to all space games that are similar so try again

Not even a mention of Matt or Perrin? Woe to my wolf brother. Also agree they are really pushing Arthur to look like he hates woman rather the who the character was, oh agenda media.
    This. I noticed the absence of names. This is a "female" show. Even though Rand is Dragon Reborn and hence, Rafe is forced to carry the name, expect little screen time. Season 2 will show even more Moiraine with Egwene and Nyaneve stealing rest of the screen time.

Season one was coming of age story for women, I suppose. Men were useless at best.

To fight off madness, Rand went to a cosmopolitan city and not some isolated forest? Ofcourse, this world has no map so don't expect people to understand where Falme even is or how Rand managed to reach it from Blight since he...doesn't know where it is. Even Witcher has better world building which is funny since Witcher has zero world building.

Alright. Hawking left instructions that are being executed 1000 years later: Burn WT to ground. Funny, Hawking wanted to destroy Aes Sedai. Seanchan want to enslave them. Different turning this is. Cool.

Clearly, Hawking is a man hence trying to fight these kindly women of WT. Women are good.

I do wonder if they will make Seanchan a male empire because you know, ....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    This is good news.

Now it'll get cancelled for sure
    Nah..From looks of it, they have received a budget cut. With smaller budget, on prime, they can survive with smaller fanbase..for show.

Not that I should have to point this out, but it's a bit of a stretch to conclusively argue that the TV series is "more popular and entertaining" than the book series when we have absolutely no way to realistically quantify how much of that "popularity" is due to the simple fact that TV is a vastly more accessible and easier to consume form of media VS written books. Being able to binge watch WoT in a weekend while only half paying attention to what's going on isn't exactly a great measurement of if a thing is actually "popular", regardless of how many people might actually watch it, if we have no idea why they are watching it.
    TV is superior entertainment and much more popular since it has the largest audiance, a book just cant beat the amount of ppl who can just watch a tv series since a tv series is easy to access, most ppl dont really care about the story as long as the show is enjoyable so it can be bad or good it doesnt matter.

Why are you so mad about the tv series being more popular and entertaining than the book series, you are not going to get the story from the book no matter how much you complain about it, WoT isnt the most interesting story as it is, shanara chronicles is a much better story and world.
    No need to question your intelligence..Right!

This is hilarious sh..t! I am guessing Transformer movies are your dream come true?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Star Citizen is superior gameplay to all space games that are similar so try again
    Mine's a fact, not an opinion, so try again. Am I doing it right?

TV is superior entertainment and much more popular since it has the largest audiance, a book just cant beat the amount of ppl who can just watch a tv series since a tv series is easy to access, most ppl dont really care about the story as long as the show is enjoyable so it can be bad or good it doesnt matter.
    just because more people watch tv than read books doesnt mean its superior.

Mcdonalds sell the most burgers in the world id imagine but they are not the best ones.

id agree that tv is easier to get into and more throw away but that doesnt make it superior imho, i mean how often do you get adaptations where the main thoughts of the audience are 'yeah well better than the book'? for me its probably only fight club

Just block the star citizen truther makes life so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Mine's a fact, not an opinion, so try again. Am I doing it right?
    If yours is a so called fact you dont have a clue what good gameplay is, the actual fact is star citizen is better gameplay than any other game thats even remotely similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    No need to question your intelligence..Right!

This is hilarious sh..t! I am guessing Transformer movies are your dream come true?
    Shanara Chronciles world is better, more interesting magic, world and story, Wheel of Time story overall is not that interesting at all, the wheel of time story overall sucks compared to many others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    just because more people watch tv than read books doesnt mean its superior.

Mcdonalds sell the most burgers in the world id imagine but they are not the best ones.

id agree that tv is easier to get into and more throw away but that doesnt make it superior imho, i mean how often do you get adaptations where the main thoughts of the audience are 'yeah well better than the book'? for me its probably only fight club
    It does mean its superior, its creates more money, more entertainment for more ppl that helps generate money to make other tv series, books are just for a small niche and thats it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just block the star citizen truther makes life so much better.
    Just because you have failed over and over again to prove any sort of point, you are just mad you didnt get the tv series you thought you wanted.

It does mean its superior, its creates more money, more entertainment for more ppl that helps generate money to make other tv series, books are just for a small niche and thats it.
    so you would agree that mcdonals makes superior burgers?

Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    so you would agree that mcdonals makes superior burgers?
    McDonalds make a good burger, if it makes more money than even the best tasting burger then it is far superior, whatever makes more money and gets to the most ppl is the most superior product.