Thread: Was that it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lol... what did you expect? A 10.0 announcement? 9.2 release date? Yeah I want them too but this wasn't a message from John Hight it was a message from the head of Blizzard... not just wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Hameln View Post
    ... over the coming weekS ... I saw people talking about the silence after the "Survival Game announcment" but the plural talks for itself
    In his first statement he said they have excited thingSSSSS to telp and he will twll more next (so this) week.

Now he tweetes that they share information about warcraft, overwatch and diablo in the comming weekSSSS

So it was legit to wait for more, before he tweeted the second statement. And even the announcement of that survival game is boring, cause we dont know nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    In his first statement he said they have excited thingSSSSS to telp and he will twll more next (so this) week.

Now he tweetes that they share information about warcraft, overwatch and diablo in the comming weekSSSS

So it was legit to wait for more, before he tweeted the second statement. And even the announcement of that survival game is boring, cause we dont know nothing.
    Sure, it WAS legit... Until he point that we can expect the infos in weekS ahead.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward for some "what's next" for all IPs really. Of course they have the responsibility in communicate with the customers and potential ones, but I can see why talking about a wow patch asap isn't the main thing after last week extravaganza between Microsoft and them.

EDIT: the tweet pointing for the weeks ahead is 4 days old already.
    Last edited by Hameln; 2022-01-29 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m4Zzo928 View Post
    Even if they did, would it be even rational to just expect it to be the announcement one wants? I understand hoping, but???
    The unannounced game is hardly an exciting announcement though, is it? We literally know nothing about it yet.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethule View Post
    I thought they said they had exciting THINGS to announce this week. Was it literally just a Survival Game with no details? That's what excites people?
    yeah I am a bit miffed as well. I guess the announcement was kind of exciting, but yeah I was expecting wow news

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Pretty sure we will get info about 9.2 that will be coming in April or something.

EDIT:
    Also Blood Knight class for Diablo Immortal.

If there is anything Blizzard shouldnt do at this point its trying to hype up Diablo immortal as something exciting.

They tried that once and it was possibly the biggest backfire ever in gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The unannounced game is hardly an exciting announcement though, is it? We literally know nothing about it yet.
    Not true. It's slated to be a survial game, so that means it will most likely not be a sports game or a chess simulator. That is at least something.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-01-29 at 11:01 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love when there's a thread filled with people with zero English language skills that misinterpret a message and then fight everyone telling them it's not what it means. Got to love the internet.

My friends, lesson number one.
    "We also know we need to deliver content to our players on a more regular basis and innovate both in and beyond our existing games. We have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week."
    "... We have some exciting things to announce ..." - This is one thing, it means they have some things that are very exciting that they want to announce.
    "... and I’ll be sharing more next week ..." - This is another thing, notice how there's a comma separating those two things, and it means they will share more things next week, it doesn't mean the things they're sharing are the "exiting things to announce", it means they have MORE things to share, meaning, OTHER things to share.

This shit is basic English, why are you people arguing about basic English?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Pretty sure we are not arguing semantics but that these guys think we are wankers at this point and keep feeding us this bullshit that 17 years later they are still realizing they should not have 6-12 month content draughts. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Fool me for 17 years whose shame is it?
    Says the guy commenting on a WoW Forum about how "fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Fool me for 17 years whose shame is it?".
    If you're so fooled for 17 years what are you still doing here? bye

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Pretty sure we will get info about 9.2 that will be coming in April or something.

EDIT:
    Also Blood Knight class for Diablo Immortal.
    Necromancer, blood knight.. way cooler classes then wow and then compare it what people are talking about right now .. midgets with jetpacks.. it doesnt come close to being cool imo.

Wrath of the Bolvar incoming, I can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    snip
    Over the next couple of weeks.

That was a couple of days ago.

They specifically mentioned Warcraft. They will probably announce the next WoW expansion in the next weeks, possibly after 9.2 went live.

New game is pretty exciting. Blizzards failed rep is kinda depending on something new and exciting. Very few, if any, want more of the same old...

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    New game is pretty exciting. Blizzards failed rep is kinda depending on something new and exciting. Very few, if any, want more of the same old...
    It seems like they have a history of starting new projects that they dont finnish. Been quite a few canned projects at blizzard the last 10 or so years.

A game studio that doesnt release a new game in 10 years - especially one the size of blizzard, does smell trouble.

Edit
    Excuse me - 6 years. I forgot about overwatch in 2016
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2022-01-29 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    I love when there's a thread filled with people with zero English language skills
    well given your "analysis" you are clearly one of them, complaining about other people english skills and then fail so spectacularly... but i guess thats standard on forums, saying people dont know something and proving you know LESS

bcs "... and I’ll be sharing more next week ..." is NOT necesarily another thing, it can be (and its actualy more likely) SPECIFICATION of previous thing, tahts the issue most people have - it was incredibly ambiguously formulated...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-01-29 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    We also know we need to deliver content to our players on a more regular basis and innovate both in and beyond our existing games. We have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week.

Exact quote from article - https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/bliz...erything-we-do
    You forgot the s after week when you look ybarras tweet and the other has a direct link to the mcirsoft aquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I think you misinterpreted what he said.

We have exciting things to announce...

and

...I'll be sharing more next week.

Are two different statements and what he said didn't mean they were announcing everything this week.
    You can't just go on the internet and make sense. That's not how it works here.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    I love when there's a thread filled with people with zero English language skills that misinterpret a message and then fight everyone telling them it's not what it means. Got to love the internet.

My friends, lesson number one.
    "We also know we need to deliver content to our players on a more regular basis and innovate both in and beyond our existing games. We have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week."
    "... We have some exciting things to announce ..." - This is one thing, it means they have some things that are very exciting that they want to announce.
    "... and I’ll be sharing more next week ..." - This is another thing, notice how there's a comma separating those two things, and it means they will share more things next week, it doesn't mean the things they're sharing are the "exiting things to announce", it means they have MORE things to share, meaning, OTHER things to share.

This shit is basic English, why are you people arguing about basic English?
    Everyone on the internet has English as a primary language?

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    You forgot the s after week when you look ybarras tweet and the other has a direct link to the mcirsoft aquisition.
    Look at the article, it's an exact quote. I'm not quoting the tweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    Everyone on the internet has English as a primary language?
    No, so what? They should make threads based on them not knowing how to interpret a phrase? English isn't my primary language either and yet I'm able to do it. What a bad excuse to be dumb... You have anything else?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The only reason I even bothered with you was your patronizing and condescending remarks against people who may or may not have English as their first language.

Your astounding disrespect to the fact that people are different and have a right to be different is just sad.

As for why I’m here? Because I feel like it. Sure enough I only pay when there is something to play though. I guess that concept was hard for you to grasp ha?
    Look, another one that shoots blanks. Read above, no need for me to repeat my self just because you're low IQ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well given your "analysis" you are clearly one of them, complaining about other people english skills and then fail so spectacularly... but i guess thats standard on forums, saying people dont know something and proving you know LESS

bcs "... and I’ll be sharing more next week ..." is NOT necesarily another thing, it can be (and its actualy more likely) SPECIFICATION of previous thing, tahts the issue most people have - it was incredibly ambiguously formulated...
    oh thank you for not actually proving I'm wrong, and failing so hard at it you're actually proving me right. Better luck next time there kiddo. bye bye