Poll: How likely will Dragon Isle be?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I am not so sure if Dragons can do that. I mean it would be great, but I hope the Naaru will do it. They seem to have this kind of power.
    I'd rather help the dragon giving an energy boost to Azeroth so that she can be born and take the sword herself, than wait for Naaru to come and tractor beam the sword out of her, lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    I'd rather help the dragon give an energy boost to Azeroth so that she can be born and take the sword herself, than wait for Naaru to come and tractor beam the sword out of her, lol.
    That's a good idea too for her to have some weapon to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Mistake or not (personally, I don't think it's a mistake), it cannot be undone.

Once we slay Titan level entities, we can never go back to killing quill boar.
    Story-wise I can easily think of a "power-reset" mechanism. If they decided that "time goes differently in Shadowlands" and we returned to Azeroth where 30 years passed, with our powers drained as a cost of defeating the Jailer, that would be a perfect opportunity to reshape the narrative of WoW's story.

Going into cosmic stuff is wrong as it simply removes the boundries intrinsic to any fantasy universe. As long as you believe the Titans are the greatest force in the universe - some sort of "the Makers" - the story is maintainable and sustainable. The moment you make a correction / retcon, create a narrative of powers X that are greater than Titans, then powers Y that are greater than X and so on, there is nothing to stop you in continuing that - I belive you can get my point.

So compare that to, idk, Tolkiens works. He created Silmarillion - a blueprint for all his work. There's a story of a gensis for this universe, he describes powers ruling the world and that's it. From there, you can make anything work as long as it's inside these boundries he created himself. In contrast to WoW, due to many retcons to the story, these boundries have been removed not once (via Chronicles), but now twice (via Shadowlands broker's POV). That lack of story / universe integrity cannot lead to cohesive storytelling, let alone a great experience.

They pretty much fcked it up time-travelling and the merging of parallel and actual realities. Parallel Gul'dan has been sent to our world, which cause a lot of story problems and paradoxes. And from there, they picked up with Argus and cosmic stuff, Void Lords and so on. After all, Titans were not so powerful.

I believe is what people truly desire are simple, down-to-earth stories of local communities. You can relate to these stories and these are inherently associated with Warcraft genre.

But I'm open to be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Almost all leaks
    They're not leaks, dude, they're fanfic speculations

the only "leak" we have is not even a leak, it's a hint provided by blizzard (the store mounts and all that)

there is NOTHING that has been leaked.

So yeah, we will visit the Dragon Isles, but that's about all we could possibly confirm about that.
    Just like 2 years ago we knew we will visit the Shadowlands, but none of the """""leaks""""" actually got anything right about what Shadowlands actually was about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Mistake or not (personally, I don't think it's a mistake), it cannot be undone.

Once we slay Titan level entities, we can never go back to killing quill boar.
    why not? WoW has became a comic book tier storytelling, and comic books do character reboots all the time. Why couldn't we just go back to updated Azeroth and farm elwyn boars for an expansion?

The only things they really need to do is fixing the server population/faction balance issues, making less systems and treadmill content, and writing COHERENT LORE.

I feel that SL's content isn't really the issue here. It is the lore that is all over the place.

Oh, and fix PvP.

The Shadowlands name was correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm leaning this way as well. I believe Dragon Isles will be part of the expansion, not the whole of the expansion. I also seriously doubt the expansion itself will be called WoW: The Dragon Isles.
    I dunno if anyone really picks up on this, and I'm not saying anyone is stupid/ignorant, BUT Big Blue does tip its hand with the "Timeless Isle/Argus" style ending of expansions. MoP pointed towards a Back to the Future But Now theme for WoD. WoD had a derpy obvious lead to Legion, Legion shoehorned BFA, and BFA was obvious with Sylvanas using OP Death magic from Shadowlands. Now with MMO-C's encrypted file "leak" of a Deluxe Edition pack containing a dragon of sorts? Let's wait for 9.2.5. Let's see if the Dragon flights get involved somehow.

What's the latest books say? Last one I read was the Vol'jin one. Are there hints in there? If it's Dragon Isles, kinda obvious Wrathion is involved (groan) but wouldn't Murozond? I mean there's gotta be a hint and a reason for us to go there. Plus, I'd love to see Dragonshire.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    Story-wise I can easily think of a "power-reset" mechanism. If they decided that "time goes differently in Shadowlands" and we returned to Azeroth where 30 years passed, with our powers drained as a cost of defeating the Jailer, that would be a perfect opportunity to reshape the narrative of WoW's story.

Going into cosmic stuff is wrong as it simply removes the boundries intrinsic to any fantasy universe. As long as you believe the Titans are the greatest force in the universe - some sort of "the Makers" - the story is maintainable and sustainable. The moment you make a correction / retcon, create a narrative of powers X that are greater than Titans, then powers Y that are greater than X and so on, there is nothing to stop you in continuing that - I belive you can get my point.

So compare that to, idk, Tolkiens works. He created Silmarillion - a blueprint for all his work. There's a story of a gensis for this universe, he describes powers ruling the world and that's it. From there, you can make anything work as long as it's inside these boundries he created himself. In contrast to WoW, due to many retcons to the story, these boundries have been removed not once (via Chronicles), but now twice (via Shadowlands broker's POV). That lack of story / universe integrity cannot lead to cohesive storytelling, let alone a great experience.

They pretty much fcked it up time-travelling and the merging of parallel and actual realities. Parallel Gul'dan has been sent to our world, which cause a lot of story problems and paradoxes. And from there, they picked up with Argus and cosmic stuff, Void Lords and so on. After all, Titans were not so powerful.

I believe is what people truly desire are simple, down-to-earth stories of local communities. You can relate to these stories and these are inherently associated with Warcraft genre.

But I'm open to be wrong
    A big problem wow has is not lowering the stakes enough. Like... We always start out weaker, yes, but the stakes for each expansion are much much higher than the last. The DBZ constant powerups of villains issue.

After the legion 8.0 and 9.0 should have lowered the stakes while building up to something big again. That goddamn south seas expansion I wanted would have been perfect for this lol

But wow has never been good at building an overarching narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho21 View Post
    The Shadowlands name was correct.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno if anyone really picks up on this, and I'm not saying anyone is stupid/ignorant, BUT Big Blue does tip its hand with the "Timeless Isle/Argus" style ending of expansions. MoP pointed towards a Back to the Future But Now theme for WoD. WoD had a derpy obvious lead to Legion, Legion shoehorned BFA, and BFA was obvious with Sylvanas using OP Death magic from Shadowlands. Now with MMO-C's encrypted file "leak" of a Deluxe Edition pack containing a dragon of sorts? Let's wait for 9.2.5. Let's see if the Dragon flights get involved somehow.

What's the latest books say? Last one I read was the Vol'jin one. Are there hints in there? If it's Dragon Isles, kinda obvious Wrathion is involved (groan) but wouldn't Murozond? I mean there's gotta be a hint and a reason for us to go there. Plus, I'd love to see Dragonshire.
    Wasn’t your “leak” dragon isles for 9.0 and then you went on about getting personal messages from their lawyers

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    if this were to become an expansion, here is what I would want:

-5 zones, 1 for each flight, 4 are levelling zones and 1 max level
    -goal of start of expansion is to re-empower the dragonflights
    -each zone has a perk (similar to WoD) which is exclusive to the zone
    -if we get new zone then you can choose a perk to use in new zone and can change at any time with no restriction at the main hub of new zone

10+ Year Old Account
    This was brought up in another thread, but Blizzard sometimes leaks expansion hints via their store mounts;
    MoP: Heart of the Aspects (while based on the dragon aspects, it looks more like the Cloud Serpents of Pandaria, and mirrors the Chinese legend of Huang Long, the Golden Dragon)
    WoD: Enchanted Fey Dragon (this one is a maybe, supposedly had text about Draenor, not able to verify)
    Legion: Leaked via Mystic Runesaber.
    Shadowlands: Leaked via Vulpine Familiar and Sylverian Dreamer

Recent mounts:
    Steamscale Incinerator (Mechanical dragon, released at the tail end of BFA after Shadowlands was announced, also part of Dragon Pack promotion last month)
    Sapphire Skyblazer (Blue Phoenix. Seems more like a homage to TBC classic)
    Sunwarmed Feline (Giant cat, seems geared towards autumn season, and matches Shadowland creatures)

Of those, the Steamscale seems like the most likely to be a hint. Not only is it a dragon, but another mechanical dragon (the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling pet) was released this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Wasn’t your “leak” dragon isles for 9.0 and then you went on about getting personal messages from their lawyers
    Erm that was Legion when I leaked that. I was personally contacted by Rod Rigole of Blizzard that forced me to confirm I was the leaker and whom I got the info from otherwise I would face legal problems immediately. At that time, my wife and I were expecting our 2nd child not too far away from that time and I didn't want any issues, especially from a fucking game.

If you're speaking to the lead up to SL and personal messages some turd on her kept asking me, I blew smoke up that person's ass just to fuck with them.

Erm that was Legion when I leaked that. I was personally contacted by Rod Rigole of Blizzard that forced me to confirm I was the leaker and whom I got the info from otherwise I would face legal problems immediately. At that time, my wife and I were expecting our 2nd child not too far away from that time and I didn't want any issues, especially from a fucking game.

If you're speaking to the lead up to SL and personal messages some turd on her kept asking me, I blew smoke up that person's ass just to fuck with them.
    No you leaked a shadowlands dragon expansion and mentioned a heart of Azeroth style system

yep. smoke blown up people's butts. That's all that was.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    A big problem wow has is not lowering the stakes enough. Like... We always start out weaker, yes, but the stakes for each expansion are much much higher than the last. The DBZ constant powerups of villains issue.

After the legion 8.0 and 9.0 should have lowered the stakes while building up to something big again. That goddamn south seas expansion I wanted would have been perfect for this lol

But wow has never been good at building an overarching narrative.
    Yeah, South Seas is a huge loss, that's true. Such a great opportunity for a 'down-to-earth' expansion. Kul'Tiras and Zandalar as two main continents was actually a good idea - but I can easily imagine it being expanded into Plunder Isles and Tel'Abim.

Other side of the world? Soooo much to explore if only the story guys were a bit more creative. But yes, you summed it up pretty well - it's a DBZ thing

50%: Either it is, or it isn't.

How should we know, Azshara was an inminent threat after Cataclysm. And after Pandaria. And after Draenor. So next expansion could be any of the ones people have been speculating about for years, or even something entirely new.

yep. smoke blown up people's butts. That's all that was.
    You got the 10.0 leak?

Yes, it feels like time to do an expansion that's a throwback to its classic rpg roots. Dungeons & Dragons & such.

But No, Dragon Isles is not "an idea they've wanted to do for a long time." They had no ideas for the Dragon Isles, besides a cool temple built into a mountain shaped like a squid: Which they already used as Temple of the Storms. It was a remnant of the game before it became more quest-based. It was originally just a landmass to kill dragons on.

Dragon Isles seems to be a very likely expansion. Not sure if it's 100% the next exac, but going back into dragon lore at some point (which brings back homage to the classic story) would be pretty down to earth and feel good. Hopeully it comes with a beautiful landscape, good sound track, and epic story. We'll see, but I'm hopeful this is the next expansion.

Zero chance.

All those fake leakers just take some WC3 map and pick something that hasnt been used in WoW yet but I think WoD, Legion, BFA and Shadowlands showed very clearly that Blizzard can do whatever the fuck they want and they dont care about WC3 anymore.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Zero chance.

All those fake leakers just take some WC3 map and pick something that hasnt been used in WoW yet but I think WoD, Legion, BFA and Shadowlands showed very clearly that Blizzard can do whatever the fuck they want and they dont care about WC3 anymore.
    It's not that they don't care about WC3 anymore. 1). What is left from WC3 that they can possibly use for World of Warcraft at this point? I feel like they have to essentially create new stuff now. 2). The Patch 9.2 video said that this patch would be the end of the first book/chapter (whatever) for Warcraft starting since WC3.

I wouldn't say they don't care anymore. It's more likely that there's nothing there. Lol