MMO-C site freezes my Browser (AVG Secure Browser - Chrome)

Just thought i'd give my feedback...since this started to happen since yesterday.
    MMO-C window tab completely freezes on AVG secure Browser (Chrome).

Im currently using the normal Chrome to navigate the site (easy solution)

No idea why this is happening.

(have a nice day everyone)

15+ Year Old Account
    If the site is working in a normal browser but not in AVG's secure browser, I'd get the impression that AVG might have pushed an update that's causing the issue. I'll leave the actual technical stuff to chaud though.

Use BRAVE instead, infinitely better version of Chrome.

Thanks for letting us know. We haven't made any changes to the site recently, and it looks like that has a built in adblocker, so it's unlikely to be the ads. I'm guessing that it's a problem on their end.

i have a similar issue in chrome:
    when navigating to mmo champion the tab just freezes. the favicon is stuck in the loading animation and i cannot interact with the site at all. i tried open the f12 tools to see if there are errors but not even this works. my cpu load seems to spike, too. i can hear my fans spin up, when that happens.

currently mmo champion is the only site i am aware of this happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    i have a similar issue in chrome:
    when navigating to mmo champion the tab just freezes. the favicon is stuck in the loading animation and i cannot interact with the site at all. i tried open the f12 tools to see if there are errors but not even this works. my cpu load seems to spike, too. i can hear my fans spin up, when that happens.

currently mmo champion is the only site i am aware of this happening.
    Hm, maybe there was an underlying Chrome update. What version, are you using an adblocker, and what extensions are enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Hm, maybe there was an underlying Chrome update. What version, are you using an adblocker, and what extensions are enabled?
    Chrome Version: 97.0.4692.99 (64bit)
    Adblocker: AdlockPlus 3.12 (That's my only extension)

I was able to recreate the issue with the Adblocker disabled for this site, although recreating it altogether takes some time since it's not always happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    Chrome Version: 97.0.4692.99 (64bit)
    Adblocker: AdlockPlus 3.12 (That's my only extension)

I was able to recreate the issue with the Adblocker disabled for this site, although recreating it altogether takes some time since it's not always happening.
    Thanks for this! Has it happened with adblock on at all?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Thanks for this! Has it happened with adblock on at all?
    yes, i usually have it on. I just disabled it temporarily to see if that might be the culprit.