Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Dude, Aug 15th, 2021, 3:41 pm. We know. It was posted here too, even on pages of major news media.
    What was the question again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Amazon’s Lord of the Rings Series Moves From New Zealand to the U.K. The move to the U.K. means that for the first time in over 20 years, a modern adaptation of Tolkien’s work won’t be filmed in New Zealand. Peter Jackson filmed the original Lord of the Rings trilogy filmed in his native country, as well as The Hobbit trilogy. During this time, New Zealand’s film industry grew and expanded, with post-production and digital effects company Weta Digital and props maker Weta Workshop winning multiple Oscars. The country also saw a massive influx of tourism money thanks to fans from across the globe flocking to the island nation. With its sweeping vistas and stunning geography, New Zealand is practically its own character in the sprawling fantasy series.
    Should move to Ireland and Wales, thats where most of Tolkien's inspirations came from
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

It's definitely a "wait and see" deal...leaning more on skeptical. The decision to move seems a financial one. Which is odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    What was the question again?
    There was none, I am just not sure why would you post some half a year old news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    There was none, I am just not sure why would you post some half a year old news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    I think I read somewhere that they did. Don't remember where though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You have an extremely poor taste, that's the problem.
    Doesnt change the fact that it is my own opinion and you have to respect that.

Very first paragraph is already concerning. Seems like they going to butcher Galadriel's character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Very first paragraph is already concerning. Seems like they going to butcher Galadriel's character.
    I don't know if it was the purpose of the article, but it raised a lot of red flags.

Red flags...yes.
    The overall look and production quality...well, I want to say "hopeful."

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I would say extremely likely judging by their other recent high profile adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Also I am thankful I am not on twitter right now as a friend literally messaged me to say 'if you wanna keep sane don't go to the Lord of the Rings twitter feed'. I was like 'dude I haven't been on t witter for 4 years' :P

but I can already guess what certain twitter users are angry at...

All I got to say is please don't turn LotR into another Star Wars fandom... I just can't... I aint gonna be caught in the middle of two bitchy sides of the argument again.
    Isn't it kind of already like that? The book vs movies divide wasn't as vocal as it would be today due to social media not existing back then, but a lot of book fans viscerally hated the movies, or at least disliked them for a myriad of reasons, so you'd better be sure that if the movies released now you'd get tons of Twitter screeching and Youtube videos calling them the literal worst thing to ever happen in human history. Something tells me the new thing will be books vs movie vs series, much like SW seems now split between OT vs prequels vs sequels. It's kind of inevitable when IPs grow this big and have such a long period between iterations, with completely different people working on each.

Not saying that it's a good thing mind you, or that people should love the movies/series and not criticize them. Much as I love them personally Jackson's works aren't perfect by any stretch and given Amazon's track record so far I doubt their series will be anything better than mediocre. But you can be sure that one way or another there's going to be loads of social media outrage from those who need to vent, and even more from those who seek to profit from said venting.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Isn't it kind of already like that? The book vs movies divide wasn't as vocal as it would be today due to social media not existing back then, but a lot of book fans viscerally hated the movies, or at least disliked them for a myriad of reasons, so you'd better be sure that if the movies released now you'd get tons of Twitter screeching and Youtube videos calling them the literal worst thing to ever happen in human history. Something tells me the new thing will be books vs movie vs series, much like SW seems now split between OT vs prequels vs sequels. It's kind of inevitable when IPs grow this big and have such a long period between iterations, with completely different people working on each.

Not saying that it's a good thing mind you, or that people should love the movies/series and not criticize them. Much as I love them personally Jackson's works aren't perfect by any stretch and given Amazon's track record so far I doubt their series will be anything better than mediocre. But you can be sure that one way or another there's going to be loads of social media outrage from those who need to vent, and even more from those who seek to profit from said venting.
    Even if the show is awesome to many - there will still be internet outrage.

Really if you want to avoid toxic fandom - for anything - then just don't go online (especially right at first) to have those discussions. One shouldn't let the toxic anonymous opinions of people who have never met you spoil you for...well.. anything you actually enjoy - including movies or tv shows. I could give two craps less than 'everyone else hates Alien 3' for example. I've loved it since I saw it in the 90s and I still love it. Everyone else can crap on it, I still love it. But I know better than to try and have a legit discussion online (of all places) about what might be good or bad about the movie because, unless its a curated population of people, people gonna shite on even an otherwise 'good' discussion of pros/cons. And its hard to keep everyone on task and not feed the trolls when that happens. (MMOC for example lol)

So don't let the online venting ruin your enjoyment! But it may mean you limit that online 'opinion discussion' for that reason, and keep such talks to immediate friends who are fans or in smaller online communities where there is more enforcement/control over trolling or bashing posts. Its your best defense .
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

10+ Year Old Account

Such an atrocious contempt of the Tolkien's legacy

Sorry is that a female dwarf WITHOUT A BEARD?

Tell me they didn't.

Skin color idgaf about, as long as the acting is on par. But no beards is just a mean-spirited change >:[

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Sorry is that a female dwarf WITHOUT A BEARD?

Tell me they didn't.

Skin color idgaf about, as long as the acting is on par. But no beards is just a mean-spirited change >:[
    Also same problem as The Wheel of Time, everything looks so fucking clean, like fresh from the factory. Also so many of the elves have short hair, I don't like it. Tolkein elves always had the long beautiful hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Also same problem as The Wheel of Time, everything looks so fucking clean
    I'll reserve that for actual footage, I get why they would use promotional shots that were put through the Photoshop wash more times than a supermodel with a bout of acne. But you're 100% right that this is a big turnoff, and stood out quite jarringly in WoT.

While obviously our dear Yadryonych is trying to do low level bait the overall picture of the show's quality from that article is, yeah... Questionable.
    P.S.
    Good point about the "cleanliness". They rarely make it realistic - either everyone is topmodel or over the top caked in shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Hmf...somewhat discriminatory of the bearded female dwarf.

5+ Year Old Account
    That's Galadriel? Looks like a Rohan woman..