Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

This teaser was shown at the end credits of Spiderman NWH

"The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Dark Strange wearing the "Last Days of Magic" outfit.

I need a wormhole to get to the premiere date please.

I wonder how much "multiverse" we are going to get. Are they going to go absolutely bonkers with alternate versions of Marvel characters. Who is the rumored main villain? Mordo, Wanda or someone else?
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I wonder how much "multiverse" we are going to get. Are they going to go absolutely bonkers with alternate versions of Marvel characters. Who is the rumored main villain? Mordo, Wanda or someone else?
    From what I heard, Wanda is the or a villain, along with Gargantos and it seems the Multiverse is front and center, if even America Chavez is there to take them through the universes.
    But they are going through quite extensive reshoots atm, so what the plot was before might still change and the scoopers don't have the latest scoops yet ^^ I still think the Multiverse is going to be explored a LOT.

The trailer looked great and as Dr. Strange is one of my favourite MCU characters, along with Wanda, I'm very much looking forwards to this.

What happened to Wanda's accent?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The only consistent thing about her accent at this point is that it comes and goes

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    The only consistent thing about her accent at this point is that it comes and goes
    So...the inconsistency is...consistent?
    Okay...

I think they explained it in WandaVision, but it's been since January or something since I've watched it.

My impression was that her accent is stronger when she is upset. Here she is not, so she has no (or hardly any) accent.

Who is the rumored main villain? Mordo, Wanda or someone else?
    The trailer show us several scenes where Strange seems to be defending America from an unknown threat and one where can see Gargantos.

In another scene we can see Wanda, Strange and America opening a hatch into a destroyed reality that seems to be the Utopian Parallel , the reality outside the multiverse ,where America was raised ,created by the Demiurge ( the future version of Wiccan ,son of Wanda).

So it could he hinted that the villain is chasing America for her Nexus being condition ( only one version of her in the multiverse) and his ability to travel the multiverse. Probably he/she/it destroyed the Parallel , America fleed and found Strange looking of help. They hide at the Sanctum , the villain found them and trashed the place.

In this (hypothetical ...baseless...) scenario who is the villain?

Mordo?

He is not quite fond of the reality tampering so....it could be.

Gargantos?

Very much doubt it. This is not how Marvel likes to build the threats

Wanda?

Maybe. Not "our" Wanda but a Dark Wanda from another universe that was corrupted by the Darkhold and is looking for her sons. A good place to look would be the Parallel (given that was created by his son) so he gets there, found no clue of his son but meet America and realizes a multiversal traveller comes in handy so the pursuit begins. This would lead to the kind of narrative that Marvel loves where our Wanda see the danger of the Darkhold and where the obsession for her sons could lead and the ad nauseam repeated scene cliché of Wanda facing Dark Wanda in tears: " I know how much you love them but this is not the way to get them".

But if I have to bet ( and I don't but I will) and given the obsession of Marvel on symnetrical villains I'm gonna put my money on : Dark Strange.

In one scene we see Strange attending Christine wedding but he is not the groom. We see a extremely weird haircut that could indicate he got elegant for the event of could indicate....he is not "our" strange. Maybe ,like Supreme Strange in "What If?" not being able to be with Christine is the breaking point that made him mad and desperate.

In another scene we see Strange falling through a star shaped portal ( the kind America creates) but...wait!! ..This is not Strange or Dark Strange....it's a third Strange with long hair and different costume.

It could be that Dark Strange is hunting "Stranges"? It could be that his obsession with Christine somehow mimics the obsession of Wanda with her kids and is trying to become the one and only Nexus Sorcerer to reshape reality? It could be that both Wanda and Strange see a reflection of themselves and learn a lesson about where unlimited power leads?

Well, there's a devastating argument against this theory: it's basically What If? Ep. 4 told again and...that's a problem.

So....I'm afraid I got more questions than answers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems like they are going full bananas with the multiverse, to the point of bringing mutants and making crazy cameos like hugh jackman wolverine, its rumor, but they are saying Charles Xaiver is going to show up and be an important side character

About the villain, i think rumors said it was supposed to be Wanda but it was changed, maybe because public liked her.

New trailer.

That voice at 1:19. Was that who I think it was?

Patrick Stewart

10+ Year Old Account
    We already know who it is, well minus normies.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That voice at 1:19. Was that who I think it was?

Patrick Stewart
    There's also the part of the trailer where we see Phoenix fighting Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There's also the part of the trailer where we see Phoenix fighting Wanda.
    I originally thought that that was Captain Marvel

I originally thought that that was Captain Marvel
    Nah that is definitely Phoenix. Her entire body was glowing and you couldn't really make out her features like you can on Captain Marvel.

Big time villain "Shuma Gorath." Reality manipulation is his shtick. So maybe...

5+ Year Old Account
    was that 'flame on' human torch from fantastic four??