What if people create their own quest by role playing.

What if players can create their own objectives ingame and be rewarded for it? Goals like, ogre hater, orc hater, night elf hater, pirate hater, wolf hunter, bear hunter, Rare hunter (all of those involve killing as much of those as you can), Killing people who kill animals, collecting certain items, band aiding injured players, buffing other people, etc.

Then players get rewarded by something like adventure points that you can exchange for gold, gear, proffession mats, or cosmetics. Cosmetics like, hats, beanies, bandanas, wolf head helmets, tabards, etc.

The reward is balanced based on how hard the task is. Like killing elites gives more points than killing critters. Also there is a limit on how much you can farm per zone so you get to explore the world and help it feel to be less repetitive. There will be a limit on how much adventure points you can earn daily just so you don't get too ahead. Or you can earn as much points but it diminishes how much points you can as you reach certain points. You can also find people on the same objective so its a single player content that could become social too. Maybe you can only have like 4 active roles at a time, so you can focus on a few things at a time and meet other people doing the same. You could also find other people with the same role in lfg. It could also go hand in hand with other content as it will send people out to the world and do something.

(i've updated this post)
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2022-07-20 at 09:03 PM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    What if players can create their own objectives ingame and be rewarded for it. Goals like, ogre hater, orc hater, night elf hater, pirate hater, wolf hunter, bear hunter (all of those involve killing as much of those as you can), Killing people who kill animals, killing players who kill npcs, bandaiding injured players, etc.

Then players get rewarded by something like adventure points, that you can exchange for gold, gear, or cosmetics. Cosmetics like, hats, beanies, bandanas, wolf head helmet, tabards, etc.
    This is an awful idea no matter how good it sounds, people out there will always find a way to exploit systems like this so they can reward themselves infinitely,

an example - Create quest Go kill 1 critter - Reward myself maximum amount of tokens - Claim Gold and spend it on gametime/Top gear/blah blah.

Sounds good personally in theory but it would crash the economies and people will just do the easiest thing to get the biggest rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    This is an awful idea no matter how good it sounds, people out there will always find a way to exploit systems like this so they can reward themselves infinitely,

an example - Create quest Go kill 1 critter - Reward myself maximum amount of tokens - Claim Gold and spend it on gametime/Top gear/blah blah.

Sounds good personally in theory but it would crash the economies and people will just do the easiest thing to get the biggest rewards.
    hmm.. maybe the reward is balanced based on how hard the task is. Then there will be deminishing rewards depending on how much you've done for the day.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

I had the same idea:

Custom Maps
    What if Blizzard were to implemented a feature within the game, where players can construct their own Battlegrounds/Arenas/Dungeons/Raids/Puzzles/Zones/Quests/Etc, using existing assets, for other players to try, much like Warcraft 3's Custom Maps or Overwatch's Workshop. I don't know if it's implementable, but it would give players something to do in their downtime, could be hella fun to experience by other players, and might even give Blizzard ideas and inspiration.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...be-implemented