Some of you arguing with a bad faith poster. Why I have on ignore.

Read the person comments with "don't recall national guard used at the border" It was in the news, Texas Governor made a big stink about it and so did Desantis. This person gladly uses ignorance when produced with facts.

When the fake outrage of Clinton spying was (fake) news and the prosecutor Durham went to media to say this was false, being blown out of proportion., this poster ignored and kept bad faith posting.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Read the person comments with "don't recall national guard used at the border" It was in the news, Texas Governor made a big stink about it and so did Desantis. This person gladly uses ignorance when produced with facts.

When the fake outrage of Clinton spying was (fake) news and the prosecutor Durham went to media to say this was false, being blown out of proportion., this poster ignored and kept bad faith posting.
    Why I refer to it as "Feeding the Pigeons". Keep feeding the pigeon so it can shit all over the board.

And when it comes to that game, he is kicking their asses up and down this thread and does it constantly because they keep falling for it like alzheimers patients with some of them deluded enough to think that responding and refuting them is accomplishing anything when all they are really doing is giving him fuel to keep spreading his lies when, if they would just stop feeding him, his stuff would just fall off the page within a single or maybe a few posts instead of coming back to 10+ pages of nothing but shit.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    And when it comes to that game, he is kicking their asses up and down this thread and does it constantly because they keep falling for it like alzheimers patients with some of them deluded enough to think that responding and refuting them is accomplishing anything
    Same applies to the folks whose sole contribution to the thread is complaining about people refuting disinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Same applies to the folks whose sole contribution to the thread is complaining about people refuting disinformation.
    Except me pointing it out is actually contributing something useful if you listen to it.

People pointlessly refuting information they know will do nothing but be ignored while giving the shit poster fuel to keep lying when if they ignored them their lies would be ignored and would fall off the page and they would eventually go away when people don't bite aren't really contributing at that point, they are derailing the thread and contributing to spreading that disinformation turning that singular post into 10+ pages of them.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except me pointing it out is actually contributing something useful if you listen to it.
    Not really. It's the same speech you rehash in every thread and thus far it's contributed... *checks notes* nothing, besides adding to the same post bloat you're complaining about. Moderator applications are that way, habibi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Not really. It's the same speech you rehash in every thread and thus far it's contributed... *checks notes* nothing, besides adding to the same post bloat you're complaining about. Moderator applications are that way, habibi.
    Yeah, it doesn’t contribute because you would rather listen to yourself go even if it means you NOT contributing and derailing the thread yourself.

You would rather let him own you up and down the forums consistently in the game you pretend you aren’t playing than to just stop playing his game.

But if you want to keep derailing the thread and letting him kick your butt, that’s on you.

I’m out. Hopefully, one day, you learn to stop being so gullible when it comes to him. Reminds me of the old AOL chat room days, friend would have had so much fun watching you spin your wheels thinking your doing something.

Why I refer to it as "Feeding the Pigeons". Keep feeding the pigeon so it can shit all over the board.

And when it comes to that game, he is kicking their asses up and down this thread and does it constantly because they keep falling for it like alzheimers patients with some of them deluded enough to think that responding and refuting them is accomplishing anything when all they are really doing is giving him fuel to keep spreading his lies when, if they would just stop feeding him, his stuff would just fall off the page within a single or maybe a few posts instead of coming back to 10+ pages of nothing but shit.
    And your continued flaccid wailing about it is just as ignorable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine, constantly wanting to comment and tone police, without actually doing the work of making policy or enforcement.

I bet you could build a political movement from this... or a great online scam!

Send just $27 to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    And your continued flaccid wailing about it is just as ignorable.
    And yet you still had to respond to it further proving my point. You guys can't HELP yourself but to respond. Like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. Being technically correct while contributing nothing is more important to you than being correct, holding your tongue and contributing a post more useful.

I literally AFKed and came back and you still had to respond to something you considered derailing because you couldn't help yourself.

Which is why tehdang and countless others repeatedly beat you guys every single time they post on these forums while you lie to yourself and pretend you bested them because you posted the truth.

Edit: Hoping the lag in your reply means you finally learned the lesson that sometimes the only way to win a game is to not play it which is what I have been trying to get you to figure out. Now please apply that to tehdang and the others who aren't trying to debate you but just trying to get you to derail and muddle up the threads with them.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-03-01 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Got a link? Because all the reporting I've seen is that they're bored as fuck and have nothing to do with an unclear mission, undefined deployment durations, inadequate supplies, and a bunch of them are committing suicide or dying in accidental firearms discharges. Oh, and getting busted for assault/drinking/drugs.

Many were already deployed for Jan. 6, with additional NG troops deployed after due to fears of another attack on the Capitol building, and especially an attack on the innauguration.

Maybe you should be more upset with the people that attacked the Capitol building and made the presence of so many guardsmen necessary to begin with.
    Look up statements by the border patrol’s union and reporting on overrun facilities. Check out the charts of apprehensions for the past year and compare with years before. Look beyond the clickbait “they’re running over migrants with horses and whipping them,” which was the most that major outlets were willing to comment upon.

The massive overdeployment and pictures were for the inauguration. The other deployed persons for January 6th did their job (and had much to do) and restored order. I don’t really yield to the trolly “you ought to be more upset over…” It’s pablum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

”Therefore, let me tell you all about this bad faith poster that I’m ignoring.” Speaking of disinformation.

… as poster’s proof of concept is contradicting illegal spying, which neither I nor Durham alleged. This should be an important point to anyone that actually cares about that: read the primary source documents and look if any of that was contradicted.

- - - Updated - - -

There’s a little truth in here. The way to say you don’t care about contradicting opinions is to not respond in the dozens. If you’re engaging, then it has merit. If your engagement is full of speculation masquerading as fact, dismissal of key points, and allegations of bad faith, then don’t expect to receive instant acquiescence and approval. IE the last deployment of DeSantis to Texas that I read about was not the national guard, but other law enforcement and government agencies. Somebody can come around with former deployments or latter deployments (June 2021) that I had missed. Or, brace yourselves, if you find nothing yield on that inquiry about facts.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Look up statements by the border patrol’s union and reporting on overrun facilities.
    Because they've been such a credible source of information so far.

Check out the charts of apprehensions for the past year and compare with years before.
    Yes, more are making the trip, but the "invasion" is still just a conservative fantasy.

The massive overdeployment and pictures were for the inauguration.
    Almost like the Capitol had just been attacked by an insurrectionist mob seeking to overturn the election. I wonder why they'd have more security for the inauguration happening a few weeks after that.

You continue to be impressively wrong on literally everything you post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’d like a reporter to ask Biden or Psaki why current security measures are insufficient.
    You mean besides Trump's supporters having a murderous insurrection on Trump's direct personal command? It was two years ago, I know you rememeber.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You mean besides Trump's supporters having a murderous insurrection on Trump's direct personal command? It was two years ago, I know you rememeber.
    I know the last two years have just been a nightmarish hellscape in which reality bleeds together and time has no meaning, but it was in fact only one year ago and change.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2022-03-01 at 10:27 PM.

And yet you still had to respond to it further proving my point. You guys can't HELP yourself but to respond. Like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. Being technically correct while contributing nothing is more important to you than being correct, holding your tongue and contributing a post more useful.

I literally AFKed and came back and you still had to respond to something you considered derailing because you couldn't help yourself.

Which is why tehdang and countless others repeatedly beat you guys every single time they post on these forums while you lie to yourself and pretend you bested them because you posted the truth.

Edit: Hoping the lag in your reply means you finally learned the lesson that sometimes the only way to win a game is to not play it which is what I have been trying to get you to figure out. Now please apply that to tehdang and the others who aren't trying to debate you but just trying to get you to derail and muddle up the threads with them.
    Pointing out misinformation is never a fruitless endeavor. What is is you, constantly back seat moderating, not using the tools provided by the forum to deal with said issues, and you arrogantly acting like you are above it while detailing literally every chance you get in these forums.

Sit the fuck down.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Pointing out misinformation is never a fruitless endeavor. What is is you, constantly back seat moderating, not using the tools provided by the forum to deal with said issues, and you arrogantly acting like you are above it while detailing literally every chance you get in these forums.

Sit the fuck down.
    And just like that, you lost yet again.

All because you haven't learned when you need to sit the fuck down yourself while you intentionally helped to turn 2 posts into about 9 because you can't keep your mouth shut.

You still haven't figured out that he is kicking your butt because you can't help yourself.

Was so hoping you got a clue and stopped acting so gullible, guess you just can't help yourself....

10+ Year Old Account
    And just like that, you lost yet again.
    No, not really.

See, it's only losing if you let something like this distract you from the real topic/goal. But you fail to realize that the misinformation is the goal for those posters, just as preventing it is ours. We're not legitimizing their argument simply by opposing it, despite what you're suggesting.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No, not really.

See, it's only losing if you let something like this distract you from the real topic/goal. But you fail to realize that the misinformation is the goal for those posters, just as preventing it is ours. We're not legitimizing their argument simply by opposing it, despite what you're suggesting.
    Not at all what I am saying. It isn't that you are legitimizing it, it's that you are allowing it to derail the thread into nothing but disinformation and counters to it with the actual new information now hidden behind the wall of garbage.

We know who these people are, it isn't like we have a huge influx of new posters on here and if we do we would make it a point to let them know if they started to believe them.

Take a look at what I just did. I originally wasn't intending to derail the thread but, just to make a point, when said I was, I played the role just for a bit, not even being subtle about it either and even told him HOW to stop me and yet he couldn't help himself. And the game turned a few posts into a page which is exactly what the other guys are doing, not even to make a point but because they find it funny and to make it harder to get the real facts from behind the BS they have gotten others on here to help continue to spread.

If we all know they are lying and posting in bad faith, then better to just not give them air, don't respond and let their posts roll off the page. They may try and spam for a bit fishing for responses, but if they don't get them, they will stop.

Maybe if MMO-Champion changed ignore to not just hide the post contents from a person but instead to hide the posts themselves along with any responses to them, it would make it a lot easier to not have to deal with it while also putting a huge damper on their game but with how they have it setup, knowingly responding to them when we know what they are doing is making the threads worse, not better and not really combating them in any way. Just feeding them and giving them what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Anyone catch what someone yelled out when Biden was talking about his son during the State of the Union address? Heard some people gasping like it was bad.
    Nope, and not seeing anything with some quick scans of the news.

15+ Year Old Account
    Folks just need to put the trolls on ignore/report them. Course I'm getting pretty close to putting those who respond to them on ignore as well.

Did Joe said "The resolve of the Iranian people"? What the hell are the prompters doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.