Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Horde [SPOILER]We finally lost her..Why let Horde lose another character?

Pelagos: Sylvanas Windrunner. There can be no true justice without compassion and I can see your deeds bear the mark of the Jailer's influence, an influence we failed to contain.
    Pelagos: Then you know in your heart to whom you must answer, in trusting justice to your most fervent adversary.
    Pelagos: Are there any gathered here who object to this fate.
    Pelagos: So be it.
    Sylvanas: The Jailer did not control me. Death would be a merciful end Tyrande. However long it takes.
    Tyrande: What game do you play now Banshee?
    Tyrande: The Sylvanas I hunted would never submit to the blade of her enemy. Your newfound remorse might be genuine. There will be no peace for you Windrunner.
    Tyrande: The prisoner is in my charge now.
    Tyrande: Below lies the Maw. Every Soul lost in its depths, betrayed or condemned, you should find and send forth to the Arbiter. You will toil there under Dori'thur's watchful eye. This is how you shall bring renewal to your victims. <Darnassian>, old friend. Watch her well.
    Pelagos: The time for your judgment is at hand.
    Sylvanas: My actions were mine alone and I accept their consequences and I do not expect your mercy.
    Tyrande: But it can never erase all you have done. Until there is peace for the souls of your victims.
    Tyrande: Bring her.
    Tyrande: An unjust fate to which you doomed so many. And it will be there that your penance begins. To be judged with the compassion all souls deserve. Scouring every darkened reach until the final soul is free and you are all that remains and my people.
    Tyrande: It shall be done.
    ------------------------------------------
    She finally left us!

Why did Anduin survive and live well? Can't the Alliance lose one or two main character?

Varok,Sylvanas....what did the Hordefans win?? We are all losers!

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    Pelagos: Sylvanas Windrunner. There can be no true justice without compassion and I can see your deeds bear the mark of the Jailer's influence, an influence we failed to contain.
    Pelagos: Then you know in your heart to whom you must answer, in trusting justice to your most fervent adversary.
    Sylvanas: The Jailer did not control me. Death would be a merciful end Tyrande. However long it takes.
    Tyrande: The Sylvanas I hunted would never submit to the blade of her enemy. Your newfound remorse might be genuine. There will be no peace for you Windrunner.
    Tyrande: Below lies the Maw. Every Soul lost in its depths, betrayed or condemned, you should find and send forth to the Arbiter. You will toil there under Dori'thur's watchful eye. This is how you shall bring renewal to your victims. <Darnassian>, old friend. Watch her well.
    Sylvanas: My actions were mine alone and I accept their consequences and I do not expect your mercy.
    Tyrande: But it can never erase all you have done. Until there is peace for the souls of your victims.
    Tyrande: An unjust fate to which you doomed so many. And it will be there that your penance begins. To be judged with the compassion all souls deserve. Scouring every darkened reach until the final soul is free and you are all that remains and my people.
    She finally left us!

Why did Anduin survive and live well? Can't the Alliance lose one or two main character?

That's cool, so Sylvanas is in the maw forever, now?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePainTrain69 View Post
    That's cool, so Sylvanas is in the maw forever, now?
    Forever down there with Tyrande's Owl watching her so that she doesn't escape.

No searching for Nathanos.
    No being sent to Revendreth to be redeemed.
    No actual forgiveness from Tyrande.

At least until they decide to bring her back for another expansion, but given this ceremony, that won't be for a while. I can even say that this might make Danuser less suspicious about being a Sylvanas simp... Honestly for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the source for this garbage dialogue? It hurts my head to read some of this shit.

So now he didn't control her? Which is it? Can they fucking decide already?

She finally left us!
    Also nothing about this dialogue implies that Sylvanas is gone for good, so I don't know what you're on about. I wish that was the case but alas, until I see it with my own eyes, I'm not buying any of this shit.

LOL. Imagine thinking that getting rid of Sylvanas isn't anything but a massive win for both Horde and Alliance. She's a terrible character that has overstayed her welcome by about three expansions now. If we are truly getting rid of her, that's definitely a big win for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Sylvanas' attempted genocide, as out of character as it was, needs to have consequences, otherwise her taking responsibility for those actions is hollow. Facing the souls of those she killed and returning them to the arbiter seems like a fitting punishment to me. Sylvanas has been at the forefront for several expansions now. I personally have had enough of her, especially with the twists and turns her characterisation has taken. And who knows what the novel might set up for her anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    The whole point made this expansion is that is that the Jailer didn't control her. Like I know the story hasn't been good but they have make sure to stress Sylvanas had agency. Why does this idea that she was controlled keep cropping up?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Forever down there with Tyrande's Owl watching her so that she doesn't escape.

No searching for Nathanos.
    No being sent to Revendreth to be redeemed.
    No actual forgiveness from Tyrande.

At least until they decide to bring her back for another expansion, but given this ceremony, that won't be for a while. I can even say that this might make Danuser less suspicious about being a Sylvanas simp... Honestly for the best.
    she got the Illidan treatment. gone, but can come back if absolutely necessary. but definitely not next expansion or two

- - - Updated - - -

What's the source for this garbage dialogue? It hurts my head to read some of this shit.

when did she say he controlled (dominated) her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    The whole point made this expansion is that is that the Jailer didn't control her. Like I know the story hasn't been good but they have make sure to stress Sylvanas had agency. Why does this idea that she was controlled keep cropping up?
    Because she WAS controlled. Sure, they try to make it seem "different" by making up some bullshit that her soul was split, blah blah blah, but in reality that simply means she was controlled by the Jailer just like Arthas was (and she still had the audacity to talk down on Arthas like he's any different from her).

Oh boy, sticking the antagonist of the story right back into the maw now that there's a massive power vacuum since its missing the jailer is exactly the 3IQ writing I've come to expect when it comes to shadowlands characters and their motivations.

I honestly wish this was a joke but I just heard the voice lines.

We are all losers!
    No, we're not. Since WC2, the Horde had the most memorable characters in the entire franchise. Yes, many of them died, but it is better for them to remain dead than to be humiliated by Blizz writers. Besides, what does the Alliance have anyway? The Golden Boy and his Super Friends?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    she got the Illidan treatment. gone, but can come back if absolutely necessary. but definitely not next expansion or two.
    Yeah, whereas Illidan is trapped in the Pantheon trying to deal with Sargeras himself. Sylvanas is just stuck in the Maw and getting tortured... and remember, torture in there could feel like an eternity.

Because she WAS controlled. Sure, they try to make it seem "different" by making up some bullshit that her soul was split, blah blah blah, but in reality that simply means she was controlled by the Jailer just like Arthas was (and she still had the audacity to talk down on Arthas like he's any different from her).
    Dude, the soul split only means that there was a part of her soul frozen at the time of her death.

All that Banshee Sylvanas did was of her own free will -manipulated as anyone can be- but HER choice.

Arthas literally had the helm of DOMINATION exerting dominion over him. Sylvanas, once she was freed from Arthas control, was FREE.

You can't get mad if you're misunderstanding the plot. That's not the story's fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Yeah, whereas Illidan is trapped in the Pantheon trying to deal with Sargeras himself. Sylvanas is just stuck in the Maw and getting tortured... and remember, torture in there could feel like an eternity.
    Sylvanas isn't getting tortured, she's just gonna have to redo the "Return Lost Souls" quest until the Maw is empty.

She finally left us!

Dude who gives a shit if a character gets killed off? You as a horde fan should be rather asking Blizz to not write shitty horde characters, so much so that everyone is happy once they are finally gone.

Imagine thinking Sylvanas is still considered a Horde character at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Imagine thinking Sylvanas is still considered a Horde character at this point
    • commits genocide
    • war for literally no reason
    • becomes a raid boss
    • used to be beloved by fans
    • proves Horde were never "noble savages"

she was the most Horde character there ever was.

There are characters we wanted to keep.

But Gallywix and Sylvanas, I'm okay with them gone.
    Last edited by DatToffer; 2022-04-07 at 02:06 PM.

People hype Danuser as the big Sylvanas fanboy, but ignore that Alliance players basically have an absolute heckler's veto over everything that ends up happening in the lore. Glad I unsubbed. Amused that I read this after a day where I was strongly thinking about resubbing just to "give it another chance". Ha, no.

I don't agree with equality in losing characters. Losing Vol'jin because they lost Varian was the silliest thing. He never got to do anything but ppl would've moaned that the other faction should lose the same. So I'm fine with Alliance not losing someone in turn.

She's not gone forever.
    Theres 100 easy to write reasons they could bring her back in a flash.

Easy Ideas
    - She finds something harvesting the souls, she escapes and comes to us for help.
    - [Something] is attacking us and we find out she may have some info that could help us. We go talk to her.
    - The Void is attacking, we need the person who knows the most about undeath to help.
    - Time moves differently there. She does her job. All souls accounted for. She has either attoned, or needs her next instructions.
    - ANY character that dies and is ressurected, could 'see' her and talk about it.
    - ANY bad guy could dabble in Death magic, and open a portal to the Maw, or at the very least communication. Could very easily have a low tier bad guy group centered around a Magic Mirror that talks to the 'Queen of Death'
    - The second that the Covenants are brought back into the story, Sylvanas comes along for the ride.