Page 42 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Faction of the High Elves, but alas - the Blood Elves are the main group of "High Elves" at the same time.

Indeed the blood elves are the main high elf faction (someone please explain this to alliance fanboys) ... but i don't really count those cultist high elves as part of the "high elves" of Quel'thalas "nation in exile" faction scattered amongst the alliance.. I think they're just called high elves because that's their race, not because they believe in the cause or anything like that.

So me stating the correct lore is now wrong?
    Not saying the lore is wrong, I'm pointing out to you that other source provide additional information that is also true. And fel usage of the blood elves was an issue for the high elves. It may not have been mentioned in Lor'themar's story, but it was elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Not saying the lore is wrong, I'm pointing out to you that other source provide additional information that is also true. And fel usage of the blood elves was an issue for the high elves. It may not have been mentioned in Lor'themar's story, but it was elsewhere.
    Just like me then...pointing out other sources that go into depth and proves the Sin'dorei arcane legacy and mastery. So, do you admit that you are mistaken about the Sin'dorei arcane legacy and mastery?

But, I'm not sure what sources you have, but they don't match the timeline. First, Rommath and some returned Sunfury Magisters brought Fel crystals. Nobody had the problem with that. That's documented as canon.
    Then we get mana tapping - the issue arises here.

Now fast forward, if we discount Nolric, Vereesa Windrunner has Magus Soulgaze use Fel Magic to open the portal to Niskara. A little hypocritical, from the High Elves, if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Blood Elf fans, in an updated Quel'Thalas - what would you like to see?
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-11-13 at 10:38 PM.

Just like me then...pointing out other sources that go into depth and proves the Sin'dorei arcane legacy and mastery. .
    Unlike you, I don't question proven lore. I have never questioned the Sin'dorei's proven arcane mastery and legacy - because it's in the lore, you're the one that keeps questioning and ignoring that of the kaldorei's despite all the evidence in the lore.

You quote a bunch of references that show the sin'dorei a great at magic, but it was never questioned. You just want an excuse to brag about how great the race you love the most is for the thing you love the most about them .. magic.. while failing to recognise and acknowledge their sires are given a greater legacy all round.. this is th elore, and other races like humans and draenei are quite great at arcane too. As we continue to see.

The sin'dorei have not achieved as much as the kaldorei have, not yet anyway, and the original kaldorei race is unchanged - it is still full of magic potential, has skilled magic users and some 10,000 years old with more knowledge than any sin'dorei.

this is just the lore.. nothing to get angry about and deny. Sin'dorei are great at arcane, it's one of the hallmark of the race, but they aren't the only ones, and they have yet to be the greatest. Darth'remar wanted to build a kingdom that was better than the kaldorei empire, I think he succeeded in some ways, not in every way, and it isn't greater yet.

That's not my decision nor my lore, it's the game lore. no Azeroth kingdom has reached the heights of the kaldorei empire - the lore says this, and finally showed it, twice.. in Suramar first then in Zin'Azshari in Azshara warbringers.

To then go on and yap about how rubbish or weak kaldorei are makes you look silly when the greatest mages, greatest magical civilization, and the oldest spell casters come from that race, not to mention all the blood elves come from that race, have a lesser magical source than both the Well of Eternity and Nightwell, and are shown to have lost most o f the knowledge of the empire that the night elf groups in Eldre'thalas and Suramar have.

I didn't write this stuff. When you are looking at the greatest mages in Warcraft. Illidan and Azshara are at the top. The greatest arcane civilization is the kaldorei, the greatest magical city is Suramar currently and historically is Zin'Azshari. the night elf mages in faction like Farondis, Lothrius, Elisande/Aluriel (before killed) even Estulan with his impossibly long frostbolt are shown doing great feats.. and you are told the Farondis have the greatest academy ever, the Shen'dralar are the greatest magical civilizations most revered arcanists, and actually the ones who worked out the greatest magical wonders of the greatest magical age.

And you still think they are rubbish because most of the Darnassians don't fawn over arcane or feel the need to use it? or because you don't see the Darnassians performing, but you know night elves can when you read about them, and have seen Farondis, Lothrius, Elisande, Azshara and Illidan do some of the most incredible feats of magic written in the warcraft history.

you need to accept the lore they wrote.. none of this means that blood elves aren't great at magic and have a great magical civilization, nor does it mean they are unskilled, they are very good and are constantly getting stronger. but they aren't the only ones. night elves are great too and have some serious pedigree behind them, so do void elves. you might want to think your most beloved faction of elves is the greatest and are exclusive heirs to the crown, but that's not how the story goes. Live with it.

Blood elvs are great at magic, we know that, but so are night elves and void elves. live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Unlike you, I don't question proven lore. I have never questioned the Sin'dorei's proven arcane mastery and legacy - because it's in the lore, you're the one that keeps questioning and ignoring that of the kaldorei's despite all the evidence in the lore.

You quote a bunch of references that show the sin'dorei a great at magic, but it was never questioned. You just want an excuse to brag about how great the race you love the most is for the thing you love the most about them .. magic.. while failing to recognise and acknowledge their sires are given a greater legacy all round.. this is th elore, and other races like humans and draenei are quite great at arcane too. As we continue to see.

The sin'dorei have not achieved as much as the kaldorei have, not yet anyway, and the original kaldorei race is unchanged - it is still full of magic potential, has skilled magic users and some 10,000 years old with more knowledge than any sin'dorei.

this is just the lore.. nothing to get angry about and deny. Sin'dorei are great at arcane, it's one of the hallmark of the race, but they aren't the only ones, and they have yet to be the greatest. Darth'remar wanted to build a kingdom that was better than the kaldorei empire, I think he succeeded in some ways, not in every way, and it isn't greater yet.

That's not my decision nor my lore, it's the game lore. no Azeroth kingdom has reached the heights of the kaldorei empire - the lore says this, and finally showed it, twice.. in Suramar first then in Zin'Azshari in Azshara warbringers.

To then go on and yap about how rubbish or weak kaldorei are makes you look silly when the greatest mages, greatest magical civilization, and the oldest spell casters come from that race, not to mention all the blood elves come from that race, have a lesser magical source than both the Well of Eternity and Nightwell, and are shown to have lost most o f the knowledge of the empire that the night elf groups in Eldre'thalas and Suramar have.

I didn't write this stuff. When you are looking at the greatest mages in Warcraft. Illidan and Azshara are at the top. The greatest arcane civilization is the kaldorei, the greatest magical city is Suramar currently and historically is Zin'Azshari. the night elf mages in faction like Farondis, Lothrius, Elisande/Aluriel (before killed) even Estulan with his impossibly long frostbolt are shown doing great feats.. and you are told the Farondis have the greatest academy ever, the Shen'dralar are the greatest magical civilizations most revered arcanists, and actually the ones who worked out the greatest magical wonders of the greatest magical age.

And you still think they are rubbish because most of the Darnassians don't fawn over arcane or feel the need to use it? or because you don't see the Darnassians performing, but you know night elves can when you read about them, and have seen Farondis, Lothrius, Elisande, Azshara and Illidan do some of the most incredible feats of magic written in the warcraft history.

you need to accept the lore they wrote.. none of this means that blood elves aren't great at magic and have a great magical civilization, nor does it mean they are unskilled, they are very good and are constantly getting stronger. but they aren't the only ones. night elves are great too and have some serious pedigree behind them, so do void elves. you might want to think your most beloved faction of elves is the greatest and are exclusive heirs to the crown, but that's not how the story goes. Live with it.

Blood elvs are great at magic, we know that, but so are night elves and void elves. live with it.
    You did question proven lore.
    You were wrong and Blizzard also sides with me. You told me to look for something else that was a great "blood elf attribute", but it wasn't arcane Magic. You've just accepted that you are wrong in that regard.

Live with it and learn to accept that Alliance Nelf lore revolves around worship and druidism.
    Horde Sin'dorei lore revolves around Arcane sorcery, holy light wielding and the Farstriders. Sin'dorei have done their own thing, as far as Magic goes. They don't need to be nelfs...they've already achieved mastery in their own way. Mana bombs, blood magic, astromancy, enchanting mastery (since Sin'dorei are the race with increased enchanting skills) - it's different from nelfs, but due to the highborne legacy splitting off, all elves are probably at the same level.

Rendorei were never called into question. They are natural Arcanists and Void casters. We saw that in BFA. I've changed my nelf mage to a Rendorei Mage because they look better and feel more powerful as a Mage.
    Now I'm just back to 2 Nelf toons. Druid and Death Knight.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2021-11-13 at 11:41 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    cool Lady Liadrin custom model in Reforged:

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...aladin.337216/

The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

3+ Year Old Account
    latest Lor'themar in Reforged:

The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    latest Lor'themar in Reforged:

So cool!!!

9.2.5 spoilers

for the players with maximum reputation with silvermoon they will be able to participate in these quest!
    the sanlayn vorath rallies the remaining forces of the scourge and launches the final attack on quelthalas! The blood elves will defend their homeland once again!

yes salandria grew up and finished her training

grandfather and granddaughter! we should have seen more things like this in shadowlands!

As a blood elf player I am very happy!! selama ashalanore
    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...51960810680320

I'm happy as well.

Plus, we can be rid of the rumors of more Scourge joining either faction. Sin'dorei, Kaldorei and Quel'dorei have all had bad dealings with the San'layn, so we can put those rumors to bed.

I'm happy as well.

Plus, we can be rid of the rumors of more Scourge joining either faction. Sin'dorei, Kaldorei and Quel'dorei have all had bad dealings with the San'layn, so we can put those rumors to bed.
    Salandria looks awesome

On the one hand, I am happy for Belfs getting some of the closure with the Scourge they were denied in Wotlk given how... hollow the Sunreavers presence at the Argent Tournament was...

On the other hand...

EDIT:

In all seriousness, part of the reason belfs are popular is simply aesthetic, they're the 'pretty' race.

Another aspect is they have some decently interesting lore and characters.

But I think a really underappreciated factor is that they get some kind of small lore development moving them forward EVERY EXPANSION, which is what ALL races should get.

TBC intro, Wotlk sunreavers, Cata Reliquary, MoP Anima/blood golems, WoD blood golems and blood knights helping draenei, Legion had their interactions with Nightborne, and BFA had Lor'themar shilling baine and playing politics, and Shadowlands has Kaelthas... seriously, can the other races get at least HALF of that kind of development? Tauren and Darkspear in particular are begging for it
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2022-03-23 at 01:00 AM.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    On the one hand, I am happy for Belfs getting some of the closure with the Scourge they were denied in Wotlk given how... hollow the Sunreavers presence at the Argent Tournament was...

On the other hand...

EDIT:

In all seriousness, part of the reason belfs are popular is simply aesthetic, they're the 'pretty' race.

Another aspect is they have some decently interesting lore and characters.

But I think a really underappreciated factor is that they get some kind of small lore development moving them forward EVERY EXPANSION, which is what ALL races should get.

TBC intro, Wotlk sunreavers, Cata Reliquary, MoP Anima/blood golems, WoD blood golems and blood knights helping draenei, Legion had their interactions with Nightborne, and BFA had Lor'themar shilling baine and playing politics, and Shadowlands has Kaelthas... seriously, can the other races get at least HALF of that kind of development? Tauren and Darkspear in particular are begging for it
    the blood elf lore is very small only some quest in some patch and little else. forsaken and orcs are the big stars of horde lore. Did you see in any cgi cinematic where a blood elf appears?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the blood elf lore is very small only some quest in some patch and little else. forsaken and orcs are the big stars of horde lore. Did you see in any cgi cinematic where a blood elf appears?
    I mean... yeah the very first TBC cinematic?

And i'm not saying belfs get a LOT of lore I'm saying they get a small amount regularly that moves their development forward, and that ALL races should get that.
    Twas brillig

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy as well.

Looking at the screenshots, it looks like a 2 hour campaign or less if you rush through. Maybe a mount afterwards, but more like some kind of follow up of the herritage armor.

As in san layn being dealt with, ye well bfa we said the same thing and Liadrin talking about them specifially as in they are still out there. Maybe i am reading between the lines here, but I am not sure if they are truly gone.

The san layn ruined it forthemselves in bfa and now this. Shame because they could have been a very cool addition and we fould learn a thing or two of blood magic, but this is kinda done ye.

I used to be a bigger blood elf fan, but it doesnt strike me as something super cool(this campaign) I would care if silvermoon is rrally getting updated, we will see.

I'm so happy to see my favourite race get more lore.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Salandria looks awesome
    Sadly her voice is way to childis, makes me think of those fairy voices in ardenweald. It doesn't sound cute either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Sadly her voice is way to childis, makes me think of those fairy voices in ardenweald. It doesn't sound cute either.
    She is a teen

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    As in san layn being dealt with, ye well bfa we said the same thing and Liadrin talking about them specifially as in they are still out there. Maybe i am reading between the lines here, but I am not sure if they are truly gone.

The san layn ruined it forthemselves in bfa and now this. Shame because they could have been a very cool addition and we fould learn a thing or two of blood magic, but this is kinda done ye.
    Well, they can always go with "there is a group of san'layn who does not approve of these actions and decided to help out blood elves instead". Horde is natural place for them, alongside both Forsaken and Blood elves... but yes. It seems odds we will see san'layn are even smaller now. As you say, it's a shame, they could be really interesting addition to the Horde.

I used to be a bigger blood elf fan, but it doesnt strike me as something super cool(this campaign) I would care if silvermoon is rrally getting updated, we will see.
    It might not be super cool, but it's at least something new happening, which is great. New mount and Blood Knight t-mog are nice additions too. Now I hope we will see more of these racial themed events later. Also, including Salandria is a nice touch. Great to see her all grown up.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    She is a teen
    Point still stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Well, they can always go with "there is a group of san'layn who does not approve of these actions and decided to help out blood elves instead". Horde is natural place for them, alongside both Forsaken and Blood elves... but yes. It seems odds we will see san'layn are even smaller now. As you say, it's a shame, they could be really interesting addition to the Horde.

It might not be super cool, but it's at least something new happening, which is great. New mount and Blood Knight t-mog are nice additions too. Now I hope we will see more of these racial themed events later. Also, including Salandria is a nice touch. Great to see her all grown up.
    Ye, been watching the ptr version on youtube earlier and noticed the highlight on ''he is clearly working on hes own'' so ye, it's possible some other group of San'layn trying to do right as a new kind of group wouldn't be that weird like you said. The problem is, that the San'layn just don't have a very good reference at this point. Dreven failed and Vargoth just shows up randomly, thinking it's a good idea to challenge the horde on hes own is kind of odd. They keep appearing, but just on their own. Bfa had Dreven, but he had some followers. They were just mere undead blood elves I imagine he raised maybe.

It's cool they added in some blood elf story there and touch upon some things to keep us warm I guess, but to be fair it feels very similar to the herritage campaign. Short, but nice I guess.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-03-23 at 01:39 PM.